Your Preseason "Sweet 16" of the SWVA region...

Bluefield_Rules

The start of fall practice is now less than three weeks away in WV. As such, who are the preseason top 16 covered by this websites? You don't have to rank them 1-16 if you don't wish, you can just list them in no particular order. Mine heading into the season are, in alphabetical order:

Bath County

Beckley

Bluefield

Blacksburg

Gate City

Giles

Graham

Grundy

James Monroe

Magna Vista

Mount View

Pulaski County

Radford

Salem

Shady Spring

William Fleming

I don't really know much about WV, but here is my sweet 16 just for SWVA. In no particular order:

Gate City

Powell Valley

Lebanon

Giles

Blacksburg

William Fleming

Glenvar

George Wythe

Grundy

Graham

Richlands

Pulaski

Salem

Haysi

Bassett

Magna Vista

i dont kno to much about Virginia football. but is pulaski better without coach hicks then what they were with him? its a little off topic but i was just curious how they were doing without him. because i kno he was a really good coach in WV.

as much as i hate to say it if you were to rank the teams i would have to place the beavers at the top until they are proven not to deserve it. maybe graham or beckley second on the list

[ QUOTE ]

as much as i hate to say it if you were to rank the teams i would have to place the beavers at the top until they are proven not to deserve it. maybe graham or beckley second on the list

[/ QUOTE ]

Myself, I'd have to place Salem at the top of that list. It's my understanding they return a world of talent and experience from that 8-2 team of a year ago...

• 1 year later...

richlands has done knocked off 2 of the best around,

1) granted pulaski was in a srimmage.

2) gate city was for real & we seen what they done to the blue devils.

figuring this & not knowing what everyone else has i'd have to go with those blues for a ranking of 1, 2, or 3!!!!1

[ QUOTE ]

bluefield_rules... no richlands on your list? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Note the date of this thread fellas, July 16, 2004. Please don't bring back threads that are over a year old b/c it just causes confusion. I'm doumbfound people don't bother to check the date of a thread when it doesn't look right for the present...