Field House in Richlands

Fresh_Prince

The 'field house project' in Richlands is #2 on the agenda with Ms. Lawson heading it..and #1 on the agenda is turf in richlands, so it sounds like after the turf is a done deal they will start workin on the field house in richlands again but they are going with the blueprints they made in 92'

i was wondering if they would do anything about the feild house. with the new turf and new lights(both of witch I whole heartedly support) and no decent place to dress ,shower or keep your belongings is like putting a 500 dollar saddle on a 5 dollar mule. it works but people laugh at yousmirk.gif

wow your an idiot..this field turf is being paid for by emats and the money for the field house has been in a special account for some long time.. no money from the county is going into this..except for the lights, similer to the lights that tazewell just got a couple of years ago.

I think he's talking about the pregame music the players like to hear during warm ups. The problem with playing it over the PA is some of the fans may not have an appreciation for the hard rock and rap music the kids like. That's why you always see a car parked behind the end zone with house speakers propped up in the back.

Hidden Valley had an on-field speaker during warm-ups. It was on a stand and connected to a simple "Boom Box". The players could hear it great but if you were standing behind it it wasn't that loud. That's what Richlands needs.

[ QUOTE ]

I think he's talking about the pregame music the players like to hear during warm ups. The problem with playing it over the PA is some of the fans may not have an appreciation for the hard rock and rap music the kids like. That's why you always see a car parked behind the end zone with house speakers propped up in the back.

Hidden Valley had an on-field speaker during warm-ups. It was on a stand and connected to a simple "Boom Box". The players could hear it great but if you were standing behind it it wasn't that loud. That's what Richlands needs.

[/ QUOTE ]

They NEED to upgrade the visitor's seating.

they only get filled one or two times a year!!!!! Tazewells needs upgraded, so does grundy, and anywhere that Richlands travels that doesnt have good, stationary bleachers, everywhere Richlands go the stands on there side is full. The fans filled up the stadium at Lynchburg, two years in a row! I do not think that we need to upgrade our visiting section, at all.

[ QUOTE ]

they only get filled one or two times a year!!!!! Tazewells needs upgraded, so does grundy, and anywhere that Richlands travels that doesnt have good, stationary bleachers, everywhere Richlands go the stands on there side is full. The fans filled up the stadium at Lynchburg, two years in a row! I do not think that we need to upgrade our visiting section, at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. Any where, besides Mitchell Stadium, and possibly Gate City, have horrible visitor setting. In my opinion that is the least of any school's worries. I would much rather have a nice field house and nice lighting before new visitor bleachers. As I would assume any school would want. Just my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

field house and new lights will be great but what Richlands really needs is a nice new sound system...the fans come to see a show...the team always puts one on but u cant hear nothing during warm ups....

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys can have Grundy's 1945 US Army Surplus sound system, as long as you agree to keep the speakers where they block the view of the field and play Cotton Eyed Joe at least 3 times per game...otherwise they will stop working.

[ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter about the field house, because now there is a 3 day suspension for even being caught with a cell phone, that was apparently the most important issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do u kids think that you need a damn cell phone in school for anyway? Guess thats the cool thing these days!!!

Cheating, text messaging, shooting video in class, taking pictures with the cameras all are problems.

I think the same rules should apply to teachers as well. I heard of one in Tazewell County who had included in her classroom rules that the students shouldn't talk when the teacher is on the cell phone.