Richlands @ Grundy 9/10/04

Lance

Ok so this is the biggest week in the SWD...at least to this point in the season.

I'm going with:

Grundy 49

Richlands 14

But I'm a "Homer" as Bull would say...lol.

I don't think the two KY teams Grundy has put away are as bad as everyone thinks they are.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! That's two blowout predictions for Grundy. Richlands must feel like a bunch of Rodney Dangerfields. But hey, It's definately possible....you know, IF you kidnap Richlands starting lineup and put them on your side.

I see this game being close. I think both teams have a few standout players, and both have experience. But just remember we are talking about Richlands, VIRGINIA not Richlands, KENTUCKY. Tornado 28 Wave 27

i agree with you i think grundy will win, but it will be extremely close. i say grundy 35 richlands 28 OT. i hope it wont be that close. and if we lose this time, it just isnt meant to be for us to beat richlands. well i am goin, it will be a great game. see you there!

Wake up tornado fans your not that good. Grundy has one of and possibly the best team they ever had. Grundy has a powerhouse offense and a crushing defense. I do not think anyone in southwest Va has the offensive ability of Grundy and NOBODY and I mean no D*MN body hits like that Golden Wave Defense. You can talk about Coach Rowe all you want, but Grundy has been to the playoffs for 10 strait years, and they have beaten Graham a few times in that strech as well.(Richlands hasn't). As far as the KY teams goes, Sheldon Clarke was ranked 12th in AA KY. Get over it. Nobody trashed Richlands for losing to a A team who lost 20 seniors to graduation. We all let you take away a moral victory. Well guess what? You will need to look for another moral victory on Friday in Grundy, such as, Scoring a touchdown on the Wave Defense or Stopping The Offense before they Score, Once. Do you Wonder why only R'lands fans give you a chance in the "squeeker", Because you really have no chance at all. Again I pick Grundy over Richlands, but this time due to lack of respect.....

Grundy 42

Richlands 7

I love to see someone really speak their mind, without holding anything back. Grundy has got a good team this year and we all know this. Grundy can truly earn respect from alot of peaple by thrashing Richlands as you have predicted.

But by posting such strong messeages you could set yourself up for embarrassment if you Golden Waves dont come through.

Well, we could sit here and trash talk till our fingers fall off but we won't know who wins until the game is over. I can't see either team blowing out the other but if I'm wrong I'm wrong.

Just heard it from the Horses Mouth. The Blues are confident they will STOP the Explosive Offense of Grundy. Another adjustment has been made to enhance the Defense and They are 6' 3" or above across their defensive line making it tough for the 5ft something Tigh to throw across, and their defensive ends havent allowed but one play to break outside their containment. So that leaves the middle as Tazwell tried and came up with their first district LOSS!

[ QUOTE ]

Just heard it from the Horses Mouth. The Blues are confident they will STOP the Explosive Offense of Grundy. Another adjustment has been made to enhance the Defense and They are 6' 3" or above across their defensive line making it tough for the 5ft something Tigh to throw across, and their defensive ends havent allowed but one play to break outside their containment. So that leaves the middle as Tazwell tried and came up with their first district LOSS!

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao...see i just figured I would have a little fun and stir up the Richlands folks.

Actually I talked to Tigh and he doesn't know what his status is...he told me he could be out anywhere from 0 to 8 weeks???? wtf? He was going today to get it looked at, did say he was in a lot of pain...hate to hear that.

In all honesty I think it will be a close game...maybe OT...probably end up being settled by someone going for 2.

IMO, I dont see how grundy will stop the Blue defense or offense. Blues arent one dimensional as everyone says, as far as I know, they have depth and skill in every position. Grundy's marcum bro's are good, Ive got to give a little credit to them. Yet...the players on the teams they've played arent near the caliper of Richlands. It will be a wake up for the wave...

[ QUOTE ]

Wake up tornado fans your not that good. Grundy has one of and possibly the best team they ever had. Grundy has a powerhouse offense and a crushing defense. I do not think anyone in southwest Va has the offensive ability of Grundy and NOBODY and I mean no D*MN body hits like that Golden Wave Defense. You can talk about Coach Rowe all you want, but Grundy has been to the playoffs for 10 strait years, and they have beaten Graham a few times in that strech as well.(Richlands hasn't). As far as the KY teams goes, Sheldon Clarke was ranked 12th in AA KY. Get over it. Nobody trashed Richlands for losing to a A team who lost 20 seniors to graduation. We all let you take away a moral victory. Well guess what? You will need to look for another moral victory on Friday in Grundy, such as, Scoring a touchdown on the Wave Defense or Stopping The Offense before they Score, Once. Do you Wonder why only R'lands fans give you a chance in the "squeeker", Because you really have no chance at all. Again I pick Grundy over Richlands, but this time due to lack of respect.....

Grundy 42

Richlands 7

[/ QUOTE ]

You can say what you want, nobody around plays Defense like richlands, if the defensive ends do their job, like they have been, thats going to force the ball up the middle where there is very seldom running room with the interior line personnel. Led by jesse smith, garrett arms, and michael lester, theres nowhere to go. the offensive line is going to be the determining factor for richlands, the o-line is getting better each week, they didnt play bad the first half against tazewell, and the second half they just blew tazewell off the ball. Look for this to be a close game, but the stingy richlands defense should prevail. Anyone can talk. We will see who hits harder when the pads go on friday night.

[ QUOTE ]

Actually I talked to Tigh and he doesn't know what his status is...he told me he could be out anywhere from 0 to 8 weeks???? wtf? He was going today to get it looked at, did say he was in a lot of pain...hate to hear that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry to hear that too. I hope he is able to play this week.

Wow this is really getting heated up-Iwent to the richlands-tazewell game and was not really impressed with richlands line play even though they were a LOT bigger than tazewell but they eventually wore down tazewell. Tazewell's intensity kept them in this game for 3 quarters anyway.

I predict the team who plays with the most emotion will win this game It should be a good one

Good luck to both teams

Grundy will win. And thats all there is to it. Grundy has stepped it up a ton this season, and i'll be a sob if grundy dosent stomp the living sh*t out of richlands. Grundys D has improved a lot since richlands beat us last year. And the O seems to be finally ironing things out. garon looked superb last week and so di looney, not to mention aaron marcum on defense. I think this game will be a close one up to the 4th quater, where i think grundy will dig deep and finally beat richlands.

My prediction is Richlands 21 Grundy 35.

HIT EM' HARD BOYS! Go Wave! GO CAVS!! wisecav72

honestly wisecav, nobody can touch Richlands in the 4th. If you think that grundy can...you have never watched richlands play. If the game is close up to the 4th Q, go ahead and head home grundy fans, its over...

that is the biggest bunch of bull i've ever heard. And by the way, i've played against richlands for 4 years buddy, so I think i know how richlands plays. The year you beat us at grundy, when richlands scored 20+ in 4 minutes. Well that was a load of crap, just like it will be if richlands wins this friday. Which will NOT happen. End of story.

Go Wave! GO CAVS!! wisecav72

Here's a neutral statement. I hope you both lose. But since that can't happen I would like to see Richlands prevail, if for no other reason than the difference in the way the two premier backs handled the Bristol newspaper article. Richlands, please stop the tongue wagging coming from Buchanan County, and then the G-Men will deal with you later wink.gif.

I agree with you GHS. The backs article sort of started this talk. I kow when the paper came out several clippings were made access to the Blues. Even has the freshman wanting to get in the game to meet Mr Marcum. But it all boils down to Friday Night Football. Both Teams want it Bad, Both Teams seem to have more talent then in years past, Both Teams have Real Good defenses. so it should be a game to see. I'm still trying to get off work to go watch.

P.S. GHS , Dont put "wagging" in your post, Buchanan County has heard enough about "Coon Dog Scandals" lol