Richlands @ Grundy 9/10/04

Lance

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, at least we're not making calendars with the team in front of a banner that says 2004 division 4 state champions. That's definitely the proverbial "counting their chickens before they hatch." Keep knocking those Kentucky teams too, after a close loss to a senior-depleted Single A Gate City and a win over a rebuilding Tazewell, you guys oh so definitely have the upper-hand on us.

But I digress, no matter how much s**t is talked on this thread, the football field is the battleground. Grundy and Richlands has always had a deep rivalry, but this year it has seemed to explode beyond expectations. I'm looking forward to this matchup. Friday can't get here soon enough.

Grundy has a very good team. There is no doubt about that. You can't beat anyone as bad as they beat those Kentucky teams if your not really good. However, you guys need to stop dogging Gate City. Wishing they were bad isn't going to help you beat Richlands. Niether will wishing those Kentucky teams were good help you beat Richlands. I'm no football expert but I have seen many, many games and I know a good team when I see one, and Gate City IS A GOOD TEAM. In fact, the Gate City team I saw THIS year is leaps and bounds better than the Grundy team I saw LAST year.

Now, Grundy is good. Richlands is good. We will all see a GOOD GAME Friday night. Why don't we try to give all this trash talk a rest until then?

I think the main thing in this game is (of course) Cain Ringstaff. Richlands needs him to play offense almost the whole time. Caleb Jennings is good, but wasn't last Friday the second game in a row he has lost a fumble? The one vs. Gate City led Gate City to score and last weeks was inside the 15 almost near halftime, which would've boosted Richlands in the second half. I don't know much about Grundy, except that they always do good, but I do know Richlands will be prepared. I'd say it will be like the Tazewell game, but I don't know who will win?

Dont understand the Vanilla joke. you both are grundy Fans and your Marcum Kid is the want-a-be. Richlands is bringing a real running back without glamor or bragging, and if your talking about Jennings. He can ice you and embarrass you.

Marcum a wanna be? lol What Barry Sanders wanna be? lol yeah...just maybe he is...you have a good point there.

And the Vanilla thing was in the article in the bristol paper they were talking about... Wild Child vs. Vanilla? We didn't make that stuff up, the Bristol paper made that stuff up...get mad at them...lol.

I think you have to respect Marcum. From everything I have read about him it's obvious he works as hard as anyone, and has gone out and made himself a D-1 prospect by attending every camp he can get to. It's hard enough to get noticed in this area by the in-state schools, but he apparently has SMU and Buffalo looking at him. Those two schools aren't exactly world beaters but if an undesized kid from Grundy ends up at either place he will have done good for himself.

Marcum might embarrass all those schools from kentucky. But he is about to get introduced to some real football. Some Richlands football. And he will wannabe off the field after the first hit.

You know what guys? Its going to suck if we*Richlands* goes down there braging and we get our butts handed to us. Just saying is the bragging and all might come back to bite us. Let's just hope the coaching staff will actually call some more plays than sweep left or sweep right.

WOW!! Theo, Himself!! What tape measure you using on yourself?? Your barely 5'0" tall.. and probably every ounce of 100 Lbs!! Better hope the wind blows you off before we can get to you!! LOL.. Oh, Ty <font color="red"> </font> <font color="green"> </font> he dont' wanna play!! But, that might just make the waves alittle better if he dont show!! lol...

oh, and we'll be ready for your slant to baker to! cool.gif

If it's alittle bit muddy, you won't be able to get away!! hehe grin.gif We coming to get you!! lol

Lets get a few things strait. Garrons "alias" is Mr. Primetime, because he always shows up on Friday nights in primetime and in living color.(not wild child)

It is going to be hard to hit Marcum when you just got ran over by A.Marcum, A. Looney, Matt Lee, ect.

Offense advantage Grundy

Defense advantage Grundy

This is a game for Respect. Richlands "people" look down on Grundy and act like they are better than we are in sports and in life. You will find out that We are Country boys. We are a little red necked. We are hard nosed, Hard hitting, respect seeking,and more than anything we have Pride. You will find out Friday what all of this is about Because We Are Grundy!

Hey Theo.. Good luck tomorrow bro. Tell Bronson and Ashby to catch the damn ball this week! They looked good in week 1 and dropped everything that hit them in the hands last week...can't do that this week.

grin.gif

Man, those KY teams sucked!! They werent rated anywheres?? Where did u get that at? You might as wells played the weak teams in the black diamond or cumberland!! I guess you got more power pts by finding those weak KY AA schools that you can whooop!! St. Paul or Ervington mighta give you a better game!!

• 11 months later...

Wake up tornado fans your not that good. Grundy has one of and possibly the best team they ever had. <font color="red"> </font>

LOL, LOL, LOL.

SORRY, BUT THAT IS FUNNY!!!

Good luck to the Grundy waves, but I think we will win by at least 3 touch downs.