04-SWD B-ball Champs

JuiceDawg

Class AA, Division 3  

1. 1. Class AA, Division 3

Who is suppose to be the favorite in the 04 SWD basketball season? The loss of Coach Jones at GHS may hurt a little but they still have talent. RHS is running very low on performance. Tazewell have some good key players with talent. Grundy has a couple of descent players. Carrol lost a lot of seniors but have good upcoming players. So who do you all pick to win?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Very true about Brashaw and Belcher, but I think graham will do alright considering what they bring to the table. SWD could be a squeker this year though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having seen SWD basketball over the past few years I'm sure Graham should have more than enough to win the district...

Well the BB's are gone and Graham still has players that will step up but Coach Jones is gone and Carrol lost a lot of seniors. Richlands is just lost right now without Timmy and a couple of other seniors. Grundy has a lot back but dont know much about them. Tazewell will be aight with a large role of Wilson and Reed. So i think the Dawgs will take it this year

Smell ya lata... wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I think that this year the SWD is between 3 teams: Richlands, Carroll County, and Tazewell. Graham wont have really anything this year without the two B's. Grundy probably doesnt even have enough to have a team. Richlands lost some key seniors last year, but they have some dept. They will suprise many teams. Tazewell probably has the most talent of any team in the SWD but they need a coach. Carroll is always good so you can never count them out. SO the District will be between Tazewell, Carroll County, and Richlands

that's true..i think he's on this board though...lol.

I just know they have a good group of juniors this year.

To be honest as long as they have the coaches they have now in the program, they will never have a great team no matter how talented the players might be. From 8th grade on up it's a joke...they had one good coach, but now he's gone.

all i know is that he's the coach with a brain...so i guess you lost a coach with a brain...and a star player aparantly...lol..i didn't know u guys even had a star player. lol

My prediction for the SWD is Grundy. Everybody keeps overlooking Grundy, if they can play like they played last year they should have no trouble clinching the SWD title this year. Carroll County will play them close at Carroll but at Grundy I believe Grundy prevails. If you think back to last year with Carroll at Grundy, Carroll got lucky and won in the latter seconds of the game. I don't really know much about Graham, Tazewell, or Richlands, but I think Grundy has the best chance of winning the title.

i think the runnings will come down to Richlands, Carrol, and Grundy. I think that Rlands will surprize alot of people this year even without timmy. And lik somebody else said on this tread, you really don't know much about Carroll but their always tough so i'm sure they'll be in the runnings this year. It would shock me to see them in the finals this year either. And as far as Grundy goes they have the talent to possibly win it this year but with the coaching their a big ?.. but like i said before they have the talent there to win it but not the coaching..

Tigh, what exactly are you trying to say when you say you are in the "know"?

Refresher Course 101 coming up here, big guy. You live in a SMALL county where every bit of gossip is bandied about as if it were a cheap 2 cent ho.

Everything you know, everyone else knows because NOTHING stays secretive if that's what you're getting at.

But if you're judging from the on-court play, you all did lose quite a bit from the standpoint of how he performs every night.

But if you're speaking of his attitude towards the team, I don't see how/where that affected anything on the court either.

So please explain exactly what your subtle hints are getting at.