Week 5 Predictions

trumpet1988

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I think we have alot to worry about in this game. I mean come on its the G-men and Coach Carlock always pulls something out of his hat.I believe Richlands though is the real deal. The line is coming together,and we got a whole lot of depth.

Richlands 42 G-men 21

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Graham will try to use a lot of misdirection running plays to counter Richlands speed. If you remember two years ago Richlands led Graham for most of the game until Carlock abandoned the spread in favor of the wishbone. Richlands had no answer for it as Graham reeled off one long run after another. I think Richlands will be better prepared for that this year.

Richlands 14, Graham 13 (Xtra Pt gone awry maybe?)

Haysi 35, Honaker 12 (Could be wrong, but I just don't think Honaker has enough D to contain Haysi nor the offense to score much on 'em)

And for the battle of the Rebels... wink.gif

Hurley 38, Ervington 14

I'd love to see Hurley hang 50 on 'em for ruining homecoming last year, but 38 is more realistic. Hurley's defense isn't giving up much through 3 quarters in there last two games, and the offense has been clicking pretty good. I figure Hurley forces Ervington into some bad plays/turnovers early, puts a couple quick TDs on 'em and coasts to the finish.

trust me honaker has enough D

to be honest they only thing that may stop them is the Offense. they have an offense member out for 4 weeks because of MONO... they still are really strong i just dont know if they will be strong enough to win by a landslide....but they should still win even though it wont be by a lot

I think that both teams both a lot of both teams bring good players to the table. The Graham Line is really starting to come together, but they do have some issues to work out penalty wise can't be making those mistakes in a big game like this one. Richlands does have a lot of people coming back and so far I haven't seen a stand out problem yet. But the G-Men D is on a role, but it will be tough to stop the Speed that Richlands quick players. This one's gonna be a nailbighter down to the bone.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham shut out both Marion and Virginia High (who many thought could easily win), and held a strong Blacksburg team to six.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait this is the same defense that gave up 35 points in two quarters to Bluefield right????? Or have we brought in a whole new defense and I missed it?

Not too sure that Richlands will have to worry about scoring on the Graham defense anyway...Richlands will probably get two or three touchdowns on Special Teams....those guys can block some punts. Heck Va High almost blocked two or three against the Gmen Saturday night.

[ QUOTE ]

Wait this is the same defense that gave up 35 points in two quarters to Bluefield right????? Or have we brought in a whole new defense and I missed it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same defense just playing "weaker" teams. BTW, lots of teams will and have already given up 35 points to Bluefield in two quarters this season...

Go ahead and talk down on Graham just like the past three weeks. These boys all realize that this is the biggest game of the regular season. They know the Richlands team has been and will be firing on all cylinders. This week of practice will be 2 1/2 hours minimum each day, every day working harder than the last. It is only Monday, and every boy is completely focused on this saturday's game against "the storm". I've heard predictions for wins for both teams, so i'll just say that if both teams come to play, it will be a hard fought, exciting ball game.

No matter what anyone says, it takes a better than average team to beat Grundy as bad as Richlands did, home or away.

Also, the Graham D has to have improved somewhat, coming off of two straight weeks of shutouts.

The question is, which team will have the most playmakers? Which team will capitalize on mistakes? Which team will run, catch, pass, black and tackle better?

"This one will be a dam war" - Coach Carlock

[ QUOTE ]

Compare nothing to Bluefield. There is no comparison west of Roanoke or in WV AA ball. Only one team on their schedule has a chance of staying within 14 points of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands?

Despite my not being a very big Graham fan, I must admit that their program is always on the up and up....... Coach Carlock is one of the best coaches in the history of Virginia football. I advise you all not to write Graham off. If you take the time to review their past you will see that usually after taking a loss to the BEAVERS in the opener the G-MEN will kick the snot out of everybody else. G-MEN keep your head and your hopes high... DOUBTERS keep your eyes open those boyz have something to prove in the SWD.

[ QUOTE ]

Same defense just playing "weaker" teams. BTW, lots of teams will and have already given up 35 points to Bluefield in two quarters this season...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats right, and we just come off a victory over Abingdon, and like you said a weaker team. I could be suprised but I dont think so. Richlands is putting in on the line Saturday night, Graham, bring your A Game and let the players decide, But remember-The STORM is coming. shocked.gif

Some of my predictions:

Graham 21, Richlands 14--Upset special

Huntington 61, Greenbrier East 6--M&Mer

Beckley 27, Spring Valley 21 (PLEASE!)

Mount View 34, Shady Spring 21--One word, speed.

Martinsburg 76, Princeton 12--Martinsburg's coach won't be as nice as Fred Simon.

James Monroe 62, Summers County 0--The only suspense will be to see if SC can score on the JM freshmen. They should have at least two quarters to try.

James Monroe 52 Summers Co. 6

Giles 27 Narrows 14

Bluefield 74 Oak Hill 8

Richlands 17 Graham 14

Martinsburg 49 Princeton 8

Hunington 62 Greenbrier East 20

Webster Co. 22 Wyoming East 18

Shady Spring 26 Mount View 21

Gate City 44 Lee 6

Richlands 21 Graham 17

Powell Valley 38 J.I.B. 24

Haysi 22 Honaker 6

Tennessee High 35 V. High 22

Appalachia 28 J.J.K. 6

Tazwell 20 Abingdon 12

Clintwood 35 Coeburn 13

VT 34 N.C. ST. 10

**Just the opinion of one "idiot", opinions of scores expressed are solely the result of years of observing High School football in our area, and are not wholly or in part anyone elses responsibility. Any feelings of ill will toward any particular school are purely coincidental on the readers part and absolutely not inferred herein. wink.gif LegendatLegion is hereby saying he harbors no ill will toward any of the kids, players, teachers, coaches, cafeteria staff, etc.. of any of the participating schools in any games mentioned herewith. LegendatLegend does not represent any of the above named schools in any capacity (*except GCHS in capacity of FAN!)and cannot be held responsible for others ill will or lack of common sense.**