graham 25 va high 0

buzzsawBeaver

Another impressive defense showing by the G-men again, they are getting better by the game.

the d-line is hard to stop and the d-backs are really stepping up. The offense looks really good when they run the ball up the middle and the pass blocking is really good

Graham vs. Richlands next week should be a great game

GO G-MEN

Some of the most self-destructive football I've ever seen by both teams. Two prime examples and how the breaks went the respective ways are Graham converting a 3rd and 45 for a touchdown and Va. High having a touchdown called back for holding on a player that would have been hard pressed to make the tackle. This game was a battle of ball controlling teams that was probably closer than the scoreboard showed. Va. High brought great size, but lacked explosiveness, which was why Graham could run the middle on them. Graham didn't do as well on sweeps which developed slower, permitting Va. High's backs to string the plays out. The most encouraging thing I saw tonight was that Graham's line is just plain getting good, and with one senior from tackle to tackle. Here's the only prediction I'm ready to make for next week. Total score for the game under 40 and the winner wins by 5 or less.

I wish i knew too! I would patent the play. Timmy Brown converted a third and 39 on GC last year from the 4 or 5 yd line! I felt like someone had kicked me in the groin! I believe that game would not have been close without that play! I think GC was up 7-0 in the first!

I must say that I am happy with the improvements that I have seen in the G-Men, but I am not comfortable going in to next week's game with Richlands. Maybe if Graham had a few more games behind them but I'm afraid reality will set in yet again. Next week should be the toughest game of the rest of the season until playoff time (granted they make it that far.) I think that Graham controlled the V-High game but the game was closer than the final score. V-High turned the ball over at least twice near or in the red zone. I'm sure the Graham defense had something to do with those turnovers. Keep up the hard work G-Men...you are getting much better.

I wish Grundy had even one of those linemen from that Va High team frown.gif

Va High looked awfull I thought...they put the ball on the ground way to many times and when they did throw the ball the QB drilled Graham defenders in the numbers more than once and was lucky to not have more picked off than he did.

Yet another example of how a 25 point margin of victory can be misleading. Graham will have to play much better to beat Richlands or even stay close.

Va High: needs to work with their QB some more and get him settled...the #3 kid has speed, get him the ball more and you will produce more.

Graham: Defense looks very good, not as great as people on here make it out to be. Time will only make them better, they need to be more aggressive during the whole game, at times they were swarming to the ball, at others they were standing around waiting for things to happen it seemed.

Offense is still trying to get it together, although they were able to take advantage of turnovers and convert to scores, they did miss a few chances to pick up key first downs...I think again time will only help them as they continue to gel. They did vary the playbook a little more this week, but I still think they need to get the Brown kid more involved in the offense. On a side note the kicking game looks solid as a rock....and thats a great thing to have in your playbook.

You are right about va high kicking there self in the balls, by turning the ball over too many times. I thought they would stack up against the G-men a whole lot better. The G-men just out played the bearcats. As for the answer for quarterback, they will have it (Kevin Morrison) if the bearcats and the G-men face-off in the playoffs.

Why didnt Va High stay with the run. # 10 was gettin it done, they get inside the 20 and change up. they also telegraph the long pass. Every time you switched QB's Graham would back into coverage and get the int or at least get a hand on it.

Yea I didnt agree with the switching of the QBs but with your starter there isnt much you can do. One of the QBs is a good runner and does a good job with the option but has a terriable arm, while the other isnt much of a runnning QB but he has an ok arm. I just be glad when Morrison is back at QB. He is a good solid QB who makes very few mistakes.

Kevin Morrison is the regular starting quarterback for the bearcats. He was the quarterback last year. He also plays free safety for vhs. He got hurt in a scrimmage against Lebanon. He tore his acl and manicus. But i have heard that he will be back for Tazewell. Bearcat fans can only hope that he comes back soon. grin.gif

wow...man i seriously doubt he will be back that early. If they were complete tears it would be at the least 6 - 8 weeks before he would really get mobility back.

I guess it depends on how bad they were...i had my knee scoped a few years ago...it's not a fun thing...i wish him the best with it.