GEORGE WYTHE IS VERY BEATABLE

bigorange_66

We played George Wythe friday. Everyone expected a blowout, but we proved everyone wrong and played right with them. It was 12-6 at the half. But we had the ball inside their 5 yard line two more times. But penalties and fumbles costed us TDS. Their defense (Which was supposed to be one of the best in the state.) is very weak up the middle, and to long passes. We moved the ball on them very well.It was a much closer game than the score indicated.

To listen to the GW fans on Va. Preps you'd think the Packers could'nt beat'em. Of course they pump theirselves up like that every year. GW is hard to tell about just going by the chatter, you have to wait and see how they do as the quality of the opposition gets better. Congrats to RR, you'll be tough to deal with in a couple of years.

GW must go to Lebanon on 10/29. They could come back to earth then. Lebanon has a very solid team, good size and a balanced offense. Hard hitting stingy defense. Until then, look for the Maroons to run the score up on everybody else as they normally do. Perhaps Lebanon can exact a little revenge for the rest of the district on the last weekend of October.

I think it will be very difficult for George Wythe to beat Lebanon. One reason is that their schedule hasn't prepared them for a tough game. Another reason is it is at Lebanon, a very tough place to play. The Lebanon defense is also very tough. They held the best back in the district to (Kelli Nichols) to -2 yards.

YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, YOU HAD THE REF,S IN YOUR BACK POCKET ALL NIGTH. YOU ALSO LEFT OUT THE FACT THAT GW WENT THE WHOLE GAME WITHOUT!!!!! THEIR STARTING QB AND THREE OF THEIR STARTING OFFENCE LINEMAN. SO YOU GO A HEAD AND THINK THAT YOU PLAYED WITH THEM. BECAUSE THEY COULD HAVE DONE TO YOU WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO EVERBODY ELSE!!!!!!!!

RUN THE SCORE UP, GW IN THREE OF THEIR FIRST FOUR GAMES HAS HAD THEIR SECOND STRING AND EVEN THEIR THRID STRING IN BY THE SECOND HALF!!!! SO DONT START TELLING ME THAT THEY ARE RUNNING UP THE SCORE ON ANYBODY!!! WE CANT HELP IF THE OTHER TEAM CANT STOP US!!!!

YOU,ARE RIGTH LEBANON HAS GOT A GOOD DEFENSE. BUT THEY STOPED ONE BACK. GW HAS FIVE BACK,S THAT CAN SCORE FROM ANY PART OF THE FEILD. AND YOU SEEM TO FORGET THAT THE QB THAT SAT OUT AGAINST RR LEADS THE DIST IN TD PASS!!!!!! AS YOU CAN TELL IAM A GEORGE WYTHE MARRONS FAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, YOU HAD THE REF.S IN YOUR BACK POCKET ALL NIGHT.YOU SEEM TO FORGET THAT THOES REF,S CALLED BACK ONE TD BACK THREE TIMES IN THE FIRST QT. YOU ALSO LEFT OUT THE FACTED THAT GW,S.STARTING QB AND THREE OF THEIR STARTING OFFENCE LINEMAN DIDNT START THIS GAME. SO IF YOU WANT TO THINK THAT YOU PLAYED WITH GW.GO RIGHT AHEAD BUT REMEMBER THAT YOU STILL COULDNT BEAT THEM WITH FOUR OF THEIR BEST PLAYERS SITTING ON THE SIDE LINES. THIS TAKES ME BACK TO LAST YEAR WHEN THEIR BEST PLAYER SAT OUT THIS GAME.ON A BOGES CHARGE THAT A LOT OF FANS THINK THAT R AND R HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH . GO ROONS!!!!!! grin.gif

First of all, any team is "beatable" whether they think they are or not. I watched the GW/RR game and I do think that RR played an excellent game. Combine that with a below average performance by GW (under GW standards) and it could have made for a big upset. It appeared as though RR never took complete control of the game. It also seemed as though the absence of the GW starting QB messed with GW's rhythm. I can assure you from having watched them before, GW was not firing on all cylinders that night. Even though RR lost, I think they proved that they will be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years. A few of their players really impressed me. GW is just too strong this year (probably next year as well.) I'm looking forward to the GW/Lebanon game. In a mostly defensive battle, I'll say GW 20 Leb 13.

I have to agree with mark.i was very disappointed as to how the fans from RR acted towards the GW fans.holding signs that young children could read.you call that sportsmanship.that was no football game.that game was suppose to be rigged for RR but the mighty'Roons still came out on top even without their best QB.anyone is very beatable but at least play fair and don't try and get the other team members suspended with bogus charges that the same thing happened to Barcliff the year before...geez you think you guys at RR would come up with something better..i saw no good defense or offense from RR GW was pounded with bogus penalties for example when a GW player tackled a RR player it was called unneccessary roughness...that is something that is beyond my comprehension in high school..i think if you want to brag why don't you play GW in a fair game without someone from RR interfering and trying to get players suspended so it will make it look like RR is great..I came from a county near by and I have never heard or seen the antics going on there as I have between GW and RR ...what people don't realize is when you get a player suspended you are not only hurting them for that game you are hurting them for their college career..how would you like it if someone got you suspended from a game and you knew that scouts were coming to check you out and they had to learn that you were suspended on bogus charges and couldn't play that game?so think before you act RR...because you maybe helping y ourselves look good for that one game but you make yourselves look disgusting to those who are wanting to actually make soemthing with their lives and play for a good college team...so wise up and play fair ..isn't that what sportsmanship is all about? apparently you and all the other RR fans need to study more on sportsmanship for I was really disappointed and I know some GW fans were doing the same thing...fighting fire with fire sometimes just causes chaos and that isn't what football is really about...Learn to play fair...Play fair like you learned in kindergarten. Most of the young men playing football just wanted to play football...so let them..play like the game should be played...fair and competitive.....GO Mighty 'Roons!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the cap locks. But you have to understand about this game. Years ago it used to be GW and FC in this area that was the big game. Now it,s GW and RR . And it makes me sick to go to a game were the REF,S control the out come of a game. Last weeks game was this type of game. George Wythe is very beatable . I have seen this school go thur years of bad records . But i think that this team is as good as the team that won state in 2001 . Other than PH of GLADE SPRINGS who has Lebanon beat . I think it was marion, tazwell and northwood and i think chihowe. So i think that mabe that everone needs to give credit were credit is do. !!!!GO ROONS!!!!

Mark, have you ever thought about going to decaf, of maybe checking on the helpful qualities of valium? You may have 5 running backs, but only one can carry the ball at a time or they'd look really funny going down the field. Lebanon will probably concentrate on tackling the one with the ball, for some reason they teach that here. Just calm down now and go back over to Va. Preps and go back to telling everybody how great you are because you've whipped 4 teams with a combined record of 3 - 13. Everything will work itself out by Nov. 12th without getting so upset.

Oh Yeah, I believe you won the championship in 2002, correct me if I'm wrong and Lebanon has played Honaker 3-1, Patrick Henry 3-1, Tazewell 2-2 and Northwood 1-3. GW has played Fort Chiswell 1-3, Radford 1-3, Grayson County 0-4 and Rual Retreat 1-3.

Bottom line the Hogo District from top to bottom is a very weak district year in year out! GW and Lebanon are the cream of the crop and only if those 2 teams don't show up can anyone in the District can play with them! Usually the

non-district games and their encounter with each other are the only tough games each of them play until the playoffs. This years match up with the Maroons and Pioneers looks to be a good one as long as both "Show Up Ready" the rest of the way, it will be a great District Championship game and may be followed by a another match up in the Region C Playoffs?

Hey, you are right all five back,s cant be on the felid at the same time. but this year you cant key on one back. like you did last year. but this will be a good game. and it wont be a blow out like you hope. as long as there is no home cooking like it is when you have to play lebanon at home . !!!!go roons!!!!!

lebanon has me very concerned and here's a couple of reasons why....

the gw offensive line isn't very talented, to be honest. we've had a lot of trouble running the ball between the tackles all year, for the most part, with fort chiswell really being the only exception. seems as if whisman gets way too much pressure on him when we throw the ball. granted it's not EVERY time we have trouble (sure, we'll get a nice gain up the middle, and sure, whisman has time on occasion), but for the most part, we struggle much more than we should.

secondly, our db's will fall asleep from time to time. recievers do tend to find themselves open against us. when gw expects you to throw, you don't have much space to work with.....when you throw on first downs, second and short, etc....we really look hard at the run first. lebanon is a very capable throwing team. i'm just really worried about our db's coming up hard to play run and biting on play action...getting burned in the process.

also, gw is prone to make mental mistakes. dumb penalties and busted plays are common.

make no mistake about it, i'm not proclaiming we will lose this game. however in no way am i staking claim to a victory, either. i think we do have some advantages that lebanon will be very concerned with as well, like our kick and punt returns, our depth at running back, containing ben caudill, and putting a hat on trey smith.

barring any turnovers, this game will come down to two things....big plays (advantage gw) and the trenches (advantage lebanon). we'll worry about that oct 29th, but first of all, there's northwood this week.

It'll be a fun game to watch, I figure it'll be a nail biter. Lebanon is a better team than last year, more strength and a lot more weapons, so far this year they've not really turned it on like they can, seems like they just want to play well enough to win, waited til the last 5 mins in the game before they decided to play against Honaker, played flat against Tazewell but did get fired up for Patrick Henry and Northwood, then was flat again against Chilhowie. Penalties, penalties, penalties, I doubt there's any team in Virginia penalized more than Lebanon this year, I don't know how many touchdowns they've had called back for silly, unnecessary penalties. I'm seriously concerned about Lebanon looking by somebody that'll bite'em in the butt. It usually takes Lebanon about 4 or 5 games to start hitting on all cylinders, hopefully that'll happen soon.

You know we all can sit here and argue who has the best team --in our opinion---but the fact still remains that this is an unplayed game at the moment. All we can do is predict. I think GW has a really strong offense with the running backs. Sisti will have a good year along with Perry. Defense still needs a little tweeking but what football team out there doesn't need tweeking? I haven't been able to get a glimpse of Lebanon play. I will when GW plays them. Hopefully the refs during that game won't be as bad for GW as what they have been the past two games. Rumors are flying that the refs don't like Pruit. That sh ould have no effect on th e boys playing on the field...I saw alot of mistakes made by the refs during the last two games...It is quite embarrassing when you have friends from another county with you watching these two games and questioning as to why the refs are calling such awful penalties when there wasn't anything wrong. I have heard that from ALOT of visitors coming to GW's game. These boys on the team have done nothing wrong to anyone. All they want to do is play a fair football game. If they win..they deserve it. they don't have tricks up their sleeve like some other schools have to resort to do to try and win. What does it matter if someone mistakeningly types the wrong year of a state victory? Not every is perfect. I read all the messages on here and some are very sarcastic. Like I said at the beginning we all have our own opinions and we are entitled to them because we live in a free country...but when you start putting dead raccoons under the visitors bleachers and start holding up signs with vulgar words that is impeding on the sportsmanship of not only the players but the fans as well. I think everyone needs ot cool down a fraction or two and remember..it isn't us playing in these games...we are here to support our teams not to judge others. I only write the facts that I know of and have seen. People wouldn't be writting on here if they didn't know a thing about football. I don't think Mark should be scrutinized for patronage to GW. I too am a 'Roon Fan. I had three cousins who went and played and won at the State game...and now I have one as well as one playing for Rural Retreat....So remember fellas...these are just players they are someones brother nephew son uncle grandson, Godson, and friend and cousin. Think before you type....and remember these messages are only our opinions. We are not here to sway anyone to root for our team but to give our opinion. I will be there Friday night watching my 'Roons play. Although I am a woman I understand a great deal about football. ANd I do know a good offense when I see one...of course like all teams GW h as room for improvement but they have come a long way and considering losing most of the team to graduation..I think GW is doing a great job and I hope that the streak continues...but if not...it will be because they have come across a team better than they were ON THE FIELD....not on the sidelines or in the stands...One always has in the back of their mind that their is always someone out their better than he or she. No is ever the total best!!! Not even Tiger Woods...Nor Shaq....Nor Joe Gibbs....there is always bigger and better!!!

GO MIGHTY MIGHTY 'ROONS!!! See you guys under the Friday Night Lights!!!!!!

To you who put that the GW players haven't done anything wrong, You are wrong. Did you not see what they did to our field? Writing F*** RR in the middle of the field. Stealing our indian head off our fence. Painting our letters on our fence. If that's not unsportsmanlike, I don't know what is.

bigorange66...how do you know it was GW PLAYERS??? Could just be GW fans...or even RR fans trying to fire RR up. Without indisputable proof, you can't make accusations like that...