Gretna's Remaining Schedule

jmarcum

I have heard 2 things on this site over and over again: 1.The newly created term Cupcake Schedules and 2. how Gretna will destroy anyone in its path.

Well here is Gretna's remaining schedule:

Chatham 3-2

Buckingham 3-2

Prince Edward 3-2

Appomattox 1-4

And that reflects completely on its first games where the only team they played that was good was William Campbell which is an single A team.

This lead into my second point. Remember back two years ago when Gretna was defeated in the playoffs? Well they were. What I dont understand is how you can say they are gonna destroy everyone. First off who have they played? I have the best guess for anyone here why everyone puts so much stock in them. Points. You look and see they scored 62 points, or 65 points. Who knows that same thing cant be done against the teams they play. Seems that their defense is not shutting out people this season as they did last season. You know what could possibly happen. Im gonna throw this out there and hope that it does happen. They cake walk through the regular season thinking people will lay down for them heading into the playoffs. Overlooking playoff foes.

Then BOOM they get a rude awakening. I hope it happens before they even get to the State Semi Finals. My point in saying all this is that anyone can be beat and a team can defeat a single player. The people on this site give nobody in SWVA a chance. Obviously you know I hope Grundy goes to face them but no matter who goes I will be cheering for them. This is of course all a long way off but I am just throwing my opinion about this out now.

SWVA teams there are people that have faith in you. Dont listen to doubters. Go out and play your best and you will represent the area proud and can bring us back a state title.

If you dont like this post. Tough. lol. Bottom line is that even the people of SWVA are starting to disrespect SWVA football. Well the kids of this area are not quitters and won't roll over for anyone. You should support them more and not bash them.

Grundy, Graham, Tazwell,VA High whoever makes it out of our region I wish them the best. Bring a state title back to the region.

Do you remember who beat Gretna two years ago in the playoffs???

The same Liberty-Beford team that was up 30-0 at the half on Grundy in the State-Semis...Gretna only lost to Liberty by 9 with a So. QB...what was his name...oh yeh, Vic Hall.

All, I can say is...time will tell...sweet dreams, Jimmy!

Trust me,Grundy dont want any of Gretna,Vic Hall is amazing..I have seen him in person he is the real deal..Best qb in the state,he is a playmaker..I thought gretna was not going to be a problem last year since they played a weak schedule,boy they shocked me last year,good luck to who ever gets them,you will need it..

While it would surely thrill me for a Southwest District team to be the one to break Gretna's streak, I really doubt it will happen. You folks like to talk about Marcum's amazing speed and agility, but your talking about a team with that skill throughout. In Vic Hall you will see something you don't see in Southwest Virginia, a Div I quarterback. Gretna has graduated a few key players, but last year's team was simply the best high school team that most have ever seen, and they were more than 5 graduating seniors better than any AA team. Not to discount that any game they play prior to the state championship will be played in front of the most football frenzied community in the state. Good luck to all who venture there.

Grundy is playing well as a team right now...getting slowly better each week. They have 3 more regular season games to worry about first, Gretna is a long way down the road if at all.

Heck, Im pulling for any Southwest school thats gets a ticket to the dance, in Single and Double A brackets. Southwest Va will be represented and these final weeks will determine who goes, good luck to all.