Bluefield survives Welch and Mount View, 17-14!

Bluefield_Rules

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah no doubt mavsrock just keep the mouth at bay. in 2 weeks we will see who is the better team that is if yuo guys dont deside to bring the officals from the shady springs game with you!! and as far as rusty everyone has a bad game im just glad it was now and not down then road when it can really hurt them!!!

For anyone who is questioning Rusty's efficiency or value as a QB, you obviously haven't seen Bluefield play this season. Rusty is the heart and leader of the team IMO, both offensively and defensively. I have no doubts that by the end of the season, all of the disbelivers will be proven wrong. Look for him to rebound and have an excellent game this week against Hoover.

As for his post-high school career, a source close to him told me that he may walk-on at Marshall but I'm sure he will get a few offers from some decent schools. Given some time in a college training program, Rusty would be a monster at LB.

i agree, rusty has the attitude and he has the frame to put on alot of muscle. he would do very well at a LB position in college with a little work. As for mavs and blfd fans, talk all you want, but the game will be decided on the FIELD, not on this board.

[ QUOTE ]

Hey bluefieldRocks, don't be talkin too much smack. For a team that has almost twenty seniors and a three year starting QB, it's about time Bluefield looks like they're ready to go to state and actually win for once. The truth is I think it's pretty impressive to win in a game where you had six turnovers. One thing you gotta realise is that James Monroe is a YOUNG team so they are exceeding many peoples expectations, but make no mistake if we bring our A Game in two weeks and bluefield has anywhere close to six turnovers, the beavers will have a big L in the win loss column.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really want to make bold statements like that and put that kind of pressure on your team?

um well while everyone is posting bout bluefield and james monroe and rusty coeburn. well if you look at it mt. view has the speed in the secondary to keep up with the speed of bluefields recievers. so rusty had an off night. give the kid a break; i cant believe someone even said something about coeburn being overrated. everyone has their off night and this just happened to be the one. only something can be learned from this close call. i mean montana, johnny unitus, roger staubach and all the other greats had thier off nights too. you can't judge someone by just seeing them play once. trust me with playing against bluefield and james monroe bluefield by 20. coeburn will throw for 200 yards and 2 TDs. it will be close at half time because of the single wing offense but after that it will be over. james monroe is too one-dementional. and if i were you james monroe fans i would quit talking smack before you dig yourself a hole that you cant get out of.

Hey footballfreak, first off not all james monroe fans are talking smack. I for one am not overlooking our three hour drive to point pleasent this friday and bluefield shouldn't overlook herbert hoover. The reality is that everyone expects bluefield to win and why shouldn't they, they are a senior team. I just wouldn't walk into Lindside to cocky in two weeks

agree each team has games before to concentrate on.

That said, I also agree with the mavs fans that bluefield should be cautious about james monroe because besides that they're a formidable team and the game being at james monroe, more than that they must consider a potential 8 quarters against a good james monroe team, as the mavs are a team that bluefield might well play again in the playoffs, and it's hard to defeat a team 2 times in 1 season. Bluefield and james monroe fans and players should be very aware of that considering '02.

I couldn't have said it better myself! We've got until Saturday morning until the James Monroe-Bluefield game becomes a relevant point of focus. I can't say i'm surprised to see the firestorm that some honest opinions caused, but I've heard alot worse.

That wasn't smack talk, it just wasn't what some people wanted to hear. You'll also notice I mentioned Wayne and Weir in that post, you know, those 2 other top 4 teams, so I don't know where I was talking smack. Truthfully, coming off of last week's subpar performance against Narrows, I'm not all that optimistic about October 29, but I think it'll be within 20 points.

What I think is going to happen is maybe a title game between the Mavericks and Beavers, but more likely is a semifinal game between the 2 at Mitchell stadium. Both teams just better remember 1 thing, James Monroe isn't the only team that can beat Bluefield, and Bluefield isn't the the only team that can beat James Monroe. The Mavs found that out the hard way against Wyoming East in 1999.

[ QUOTE ]

I can't say i'm surprised to see the firestorm that some honest opinions caused, but I've heard alot worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's to be expected. The same would have happened if a Bluefield fan went to a message board filled with JM fans and stated that the Robertson kid is overrated b/c he hasn't played any competition or something like that. The JM fans would be all up in arms. It's human nature to defend your own and I would expect nothing less.

[ QUOTE ]

If I were from Bluefield, I wouldn't be real pleased. You can talk about coming back all you want, but Mount View has had it's own offensive problems all season, and IMO if Bluefield has 6 turnovers against a top team like James Monroe, Weir, or Wayne, and their opponent simply doesn't make the same mistakes, they could lose by 20+ points. It's pretty obvious, at least to me, that Coeburn is still forcing throws when he gets pressured, just like the scrimmage with Pulaski, and the loss to James Monroe 2 seasons ago. There has been a lot of hipe about Bluefield's air attack this season, I firmly believe that most of it's success is do to the fast recievers, and the threat of a ground attack.

That being said, any team would benefit from have Rusty Coeburn on their roster, but mostly because of his defensive play, that's where he is underrated. However as a quarterback, he'll struggle if he tries to go to the next level at the QB position.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell are you firsing for here, buddy? Bluefield is probably the best team tn the state regardless of classification. Please shut the hell up and quit bumping this dead post.

[ QUOTE ]

Yes mam! By the way, I fail to see how I'M the one bringing it up since that was 2 days ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were posting this morning at 10 A.M. Let it go, man. Post this [censored] one year when Bluefield is 2-6 or something. Nobody sees any argument here.

The post you had been talking about was at 4:57pm on October 19, that would have been Tueday, which was, let's see, 2 DAYS AGO!

You're a smart one, you really are. In fact your wisdom is only surpassed by your own stupidity.

hey mavsrock and JM fans, you will be very interested in my thoughts and prediction i'm making this weekend. i won't be posting again until then, so stay tuned for jimmy the greek aka beaverballs prediction..................

[ QUOTE ]

I couldn't have said it better myself! We've got until Saturday morning until the James Monroe-Bluefield game becomes a relevant point of focus. I can't say i'm surprised to see the firestorm that some honest opinions caused, but I've heard alot worse.

That wasn't smack talk, it just wasn't what some people wanted to hear. You'll also notice I mentioned Wayne and Weir in that post, you know, those 2 other top 4 teams, so I don't know where I was talking smack. Truthfully, coming off of last week's subpar performance against Narrows, I'm not all that optimistic about October 29, but I think it'll be within 20 points.

What I think is going to happen is maybe a title game between the Mavericks and Beavers, but more likely is a semifinal game between the 2 at Mitchell stadium. Both teams just better remember 1 thing, James Monroe isn't the only team that can beat Bluefield, and Bluefield isn't the the only team that can beat James Monroe. The Mavs found that out the hard way against Wyoming East in 1999.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it was. And you're still grinding the same axe two days later!

I've been censored? "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"