Grundy 28 Va High 13

Lance

I'm curious to see what some of the Bearcat's have to say about this...there was a lot of talk this week from them about how they were going to come in and beat Grundy, and it's pretty quiet now for some reason.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm curious to see what some of the Bearcat's have to say about this...there was a lot of talk this week from them about how they were going to come in and beat Grundy, and it's pretty quiet now for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? A Bristol #2 fan would talk smack and not back it up?

no doubt it was an ugly game. it was really close till about the third quarter then grundy ran all over them. litteraly. Bronson Brown ran a huge one for a TD, about 50 or 60 yards. plus the line blocked great. the field looked a little better, but i think they need to put somemore on it if we have to play there 2 weeks from now. Great game for both teams, va high gave it all they had, but grundy was able to pull it off. it will be a decently close game 2 weeks from now, but i still see grundy getting another big W.

Congratulations to Grundy on the win friday night. I honestly believe both teams are hurt by the field.

Grundy fans, wouldn't you all prefer to play the playoff game on a field that allows both teams to showcase their talent? We would. But if not, so be it.

Both teams had 1 drive in the 1st half. halftime 8-7.

vhs stopped grundy 1st drive in the 2nd half then drove down and scored. 13-8. had opportunities to put grundy away and didn't. third and 22 from their own 15 in the 4th....80+ yard bomb for Grundy down the only strip of grass on the field. Still don't know how our cb missed that one. It was a perfect pass and a great over the shoulder catch. After that vhs fumbled their next two plays. the first gave Grundy the ball at our 30. We stopped Grundy in 3. The punt died at the 2. The first play we fumbled the handoff and Grundy jumps on it. Just like that from 13-8 to 22-13. We fumble again later in the 4th and Grundy scores again...it wasn't easy.

We lost that game due to mistakes WE made that were aided by the worst field anywhere in swva.

That said, I was impressed with #2 and #80. #30 finishes his runs really well.

If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot there is no reason why we shouldn't leave buchanan county in two weeks with an upset.

2 weeks for the field to get better...i personally would rather play you guys on turf in a perfect world...but as it is, the field should be ok if it doesn't rain much...which it's only supposed to rain one day lightly...so maybe it will be better.

honestly i think it hurts us more as a team because you guys are so huge and we are a speed team...the mud slows us down to an even speed with you guys and takes that advantage away. Granted Mitchell is a great speed back...but you guys have the advantage on the line...you could have easily won this game...i like grundy a lot better against you on a perfect field.

As it is...in two weeks...toss up...whoever holds on to the ball better wins.

With everything that was goin' on with the marcum brothers combined with the fact that there was nothing on the line for Grundy, it is only fair to admit that we probably didn't see Grundy at it's best.

I expect a great game in two weeks. I also expect to see a more fired up Grundy team.

it sounds like we would both rather see this game played on a better field. Best scenario would be your field dries out, but if it doesn't is there another field around Grundy with grass on it where you guys wouldn't be sacrificing your homefield advantage that you have earned?

The field makes it a game of who makes the least mistakes. who doesn't lose their footing on a tackle, who mishandles a snap, and who holds on to a slippery pass. If that is the way it's gotta be, than the teams just have to adjust but i wish we could take all that out of the equation. It makes both teams play to not make a mistake. I think we both want to see this game played where we can all just let it all hang out.

We were bigger up front. I thought the battles up front were pretty even. the game boiled down to you guys made a few more plays than we did. Here's props. YOur QB was on the money all night, i thought he made the difference with his passing that resulted in your first score and of course the bomb.

Everybody was talkin' bout the lebanon richlands game on here, but our game was pretty dang competitive. It was definitely ugly, but that's what you gotta expect on that field.

Congratulations on your 9-1 season. All the records are out the window now. Our prayers have been with the Marcum family, and I for one cannot wait to come back.

BEARCAT, i can relate with you on the field conditions, a while back we had an 8th grade and jv game on the field it was raining the whole game and when it was over it was a mud whole, and it never seemed to shape back up with two games played on it in one night, then a few days later grundy played on it, it never seemed to shape back up, but tey put huge tarps over the field and coachplymal has been working on it all week.

i rode up there yesterday and looked around...field actually looks pretty darn good considering...i think everything will be fine as long as there is not a downpour thursday or friday night...the Grundy guys have done a lot of work to get it ready...field shouldn't be an issue!

Well, it sounds like ya'll are doing all you can. Sounds like lots of rain the next day or two now, so hopefully that is one big tarp ya'll got grin.gif

who needs grass, but dryer would make for a better playoff game.

Obviously I expect a bearcat victory, but i wish this was Region IV's year to host state semis so if ya'll make it Vic Hall would have to bring his game to the mudpit. It would definitely work in Grundy's favor and be funny to see how they handled spittin' dirt smirk.gif Just something to think about though since it won't happen this year.

Vic Hall brought his game to a mudpit last year...Mitchell Stadium...didn't seem to slow him down. Actually, the muddy field hurt Graham more than it did Gretna. That was probably the worst I've ever seen Mitchell Stadium's field since the '89 Graham-Rustburg State-Semi.

ah both teams play on the same field...one will just make less "mistakes" and come out with a win...like I said...I doubt the field will be an issue this year, considering the shape it was in the past few weeks, it looks a lot better now...to me anyway.

Hey yall, its Football CMON, Mud isnt gonna hurt anyone, that makes the game SO much more interesting to see who has better hands who has better field vision. I remeber when i used to play we went down to Matewan WV and we had to push the dang cows off the field..haha..and im tellin u it came a Cloud burst that night and i was playing for hurley and it got nasty in the mud...Plus im not exactly sure it was 100% mud..lol..with the cows and all but heck it was one of the most best time i had playin football cuz hurley vs MATEWAN haha in tha mud, we got crushed but it was fun!

Later. <font color="black"> </font>