Whos The Best Baseball Team in SWVA?

drumlinefbguy

Over the past 10 to 15 years VHS has been the best program in this area but I think this year might be the end of that era. We lost a great player in Andrew Hicks and I just dont think they will have good enough pitching to win this year.

That is true. We have had several freshemn and sophomores start before a make a huge impact. Hopefully the younger guys will develop more and be better this year. We should have a pretty good defense, and good hitting but pitching will be the big issue.

Yea same for Richlands, we got "The Bill" Billy Sawyers and Mr. wells and a jv player that hurls the ball pretty well and i almost forgot Craig Robinson, but we need a few more, other than that too i think we should be in pretty good shape this upcoming year.

Who's the best team? Well, I don't think you can overlook my Falcons--We return our entire pitching staff and last year they were pretty dominating. We lost only once all season(an extra inning playoff game against Tazewell where the Herald kid had a dominating performance) I don't think anyone would argue that we had a better team than Tazewell..but they beat us when it counted. We won the Big-Six Tournament, the Highlands District Championship and swept our regular season games with traditional powers Tennessee High,Grayson County, Richlands, and John Battle as well as defeated the Bearcarts 3 times. I sometimes think that Coach McCall deserves alot more credit than he gets here in A-town!!

As far as the question about Va High--They might be a bit younger than usual, but they will still have a very strong team. I would think it will once again be a two horse race in the Highlands and a two horse race in the SWD with AHS, VA High, Richlands, and Tazewell being the teams to beat. Can't wait 'til March!!

I mean really when was the last time that Richlands made back to back state appeanances in baseball. Just because you all played with us during those games last year doesn't mean anything because we still won.

It seems like Graham is the favorite in baseball for the 04-05 campaign and I slightly agree, hate to but they will be hard to beat. The returned a lot of starters but we are Tazewell and we will survive. Ridin the storm out! haha...

Smell ya lata... wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...