Tazewell @ Gretna

Domination

will bluefield win a title this year  

1. 1. will bluefield win a title this year

Come on boys show these people what its really like to be in the SWD. I know you boys can do it. Lay the booommmm and be ready secondary for the pass or the Vic Hall (BS)...he's nothing....Honestly I think you all can stop'um. There might be doubters on your team or in your town but I know you can do it. Hell they dont play anybody worth a damn and plus you all are the most physical bunch that we've played all season. Go get those punks!! Just remember, they know what its like to win a title... Do you? They think you're gonna lay over for them, are you? Go get their ass and show them what its like to want it, deserve it and to earn it!!!!!!!! Go kick their ass TAZEWELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to Tazewell on winning the Region IV D3 championship. It would be an injustice if Coach Wyatt did not win COTY honors after your turnaround season.

I'd be lying through my teeth (or keyboard, heh) if I said I wasn't wishing that Grundy was in your position right now though. But unfortunately for us, that's the way the cards fell.

However, I'm glad that the Bulldogs exposed Virginia High for the proverbial joke that they are. Notice that all the VHS trolls have crawled back into Holston Lake and are nowhere to be seen.

I believe that you can hang in there with Gretna if you go in and hold nothing back with that hard-hitting defense. If you go over to VicqualPreps.com, the Hawks will claim to have all these weapons other than their QB, but I honestly believe that is their smokescreen. If you can find a way to contain him and play 4 quarters of solid football, you stand a good shot. The pressure is all on Gretna to deliver a repeat. Everyone says you're the "underdogs," but it's time for the Bulldogs to come and play. Good luck and I hope you guys represent the SWD well.

"Mr.Primetime" have you seen Vic Hall play or even heard anything he's done. He only holds the Virginia State record for total yards on offense and is going to UVA to play. I believe he's something.

[ QUOTE ]

"Mr.Primetime" have you seen Vic Hall play or even heard anything he's done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not. It's great to have faith in a team against all odds, but to call Vic Hall nothing is IGNORANT. Unless he gets injured he'll torch Tazewell just as he has torched everyone else he has faced this season.

Vic Hall and the Vic Hall High School Hawks are something, no doubt about that. But who have they played other than William Campbell? And Campbell was up on them at the half 30-0. That is a A school beating the Vic Hall flying circus. I believe in Tazewell and what they can do. There is not a doubt in my mind that they will get after Hall. If you look, the Hawks barely beat Cave Spring and Christiansburg was up on them.

To win, Tazewell HAS to blitz and contain. They need to send Muncey and Cleaver, 44 in, 44 out, stuff like that. I do believe if these boys crash in hard and get after Hall, he will NOT be able to pass. Has anyone laid a lick on this kid this year? confused.gif And on offense, they have to control the clock. There is no other way around it. If they control the clock and hold onto the ball, they will have themselves in a ball game.

I'll be pulling for Tazewell at 1:30 Sat., and like I have said before, football is played a different way west of the East River Mountain.

[ QUOTE ]

If you look, the Hawks barely beat Cave Spring and Christiansburg was up on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't knock either one of those teams b/c both were very good this year. Christiansburg was loaded with athletes and the coaches put them in the right positions to take advantage of their talents. Cave Spring wasn't a slouch either. Their four losses were to four of the best teams in the Roanoke Valley and surrounding areas.

[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone laid a lick on this kid this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

In order to hit a kid, you must first catch the kid. Outside of possibly Wilson I don't believe Tazewell has anyone that can remotely touch Hall's speed and Wilson will probably have trouble.

Additionally, Gretna's passing attack isn't like anything Tazewell has seen this season. Gretna won't send a single receiver out in a pass pattern and regardless of how many people are on him throw him the football. Gretna will spread Tazewell out with anywhere from three to five receivers and throw to anyone one of them.

[ QUOTE ]

and on offense, they have to control the clock.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly right. Tazewell must control the clock and teams have been able to put up some lofty numbers of Gretna's defense this season. If Tazewell can control the clock and take the game into the fourth quarter anything can happen. However, much like the Sowers kid for Martinsburg (WV), Hall just seems to have a type of magic about himself and a refuse to lose attitude.

I certainly hope Tazewell can win, and at the very least represent that area of Virginia well. Win or lose Tazewell has nothing to be ashamed of and should hang their heads high, they did something this year no Tazewell team had done in 18 years.

No one really expects us to win, But first of all, No one thought we would beat V.High. We are getting better every game, and if we continue this I truly do believe we can beat Gretna. They are all having big heads and thinking they are gonna blow us away, but they better be ready cuz we are on a Wyatt Riot, and we will do much better than they think.

Me and Biscuit argued about ya'lls game. I had yall picked and he picked Va high. I had faith, I have Voc with Justin Wilson and he told me they were ready so I figured yall had it. I think yall can handle Vic Hall and company. That guy can pass like something else and scramble like a mad man. Good luck and bust some heads whenever yall play. BTW< why dont many people believe that the SWVA(teams from the hills) can compete with teams from central and eastern VA?

I hope tazewell wins but guys... Seriously don't under estimate Gretna, last year there was the same talk about gretna, who have they played, no one good... yea well because of those facts Graham thought it would be a picnic but its not just the Vic Hall show, by all means yall are going to be in for a surprise and I suggest that all you tazewell fans go to Gretna and watch this cause yall are goign to be in for a treat... And yes Gretna is an excellent team with or without Hall I mean common thats all we thought last year it was about but it wasn't there was more to the team than Hall... SO watch out next week!

I want to thank everybody from grundy for finally coming to their senses and giving Tazewell credit for playing their hearts out. I'm extremely proud of our boys. They have worked incrediably hard for this.I can't wait to play Gretna because their in for a rude awakening!!!!!! <font color="green"> </font> <font color="green"> </font>

[ QUOTE ]

I want to thank everybody from grundy for finally coming to their senses and giving Tazewell credit for playing their hearts out. I'm extremely proud of our boys. They have worked incrediably hard for this.I can't wait to play Gretna because their in for a rude awakening!!!!!! <font color="green"> </font> <font color="green"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

just to add something, no one from Grundy ever said anything bad about tazewell to begin with...and believe me after they played you guys this year all of the kids said that tazewell hit the hardest of any team they played...that earned a lot of respect...the Grundy vs. Tazewell rematch would have been a head knocker if it would have happened.

I think all the SWD teams are pulling for you guys and Richlands now...and I'm sure you guys would pull for Grundy if the shoe was on the other foot...

I think Mr. P is just trying to pump up the dogs a little bit...we were talking last night about going to watch the game next week...everyone knows Hall has the talent...stats don't lie.

[ QUOTE ]

Domination said: Either that wasn't the right site or somethings wrong...Can you give me the right one? Thanks...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry dude, I was being a little sarcastic, lol. The actual website is VirginiaPreps.com but it is so Gretna and Vic Hall-saturated that it should be renamed to VicqualPreps.com.

Now I direct my attention to T-Towngirl, I haven't said a bad word about Tazewell yet this season, if anything I've been quite complimentary I think. I hope they prove the naysayers wrong.

Also, my boy Prime is just showing his support for the SWD and trying to get them pumped up. He's got a lot of class, honor, and respect. Everyone north and east of us has a superiority complex and it's time for that to change.

I don't know why everyone thinks this team is so unstoppable. I give Vic Hall his due, he is a great player, but their last two games are proof enough, their defense can give up points. Obviously, their defense isn't nearly as good as their offense, they just score enough points to make up for it, like the Indianapolis Colts. The Hawks will try their best to find a weakness so Hall can exploit it. The Bulldogs will have to step it up offensively to stay in the game unless their D can totally put the clamps down.

If Grundy was in their situation, everyone would be saying the same thing about them. No one can stop Vic Hall and Gretna, blah blah. Personally I always thought that being the underdog is always better, because it's just that much more motivation to give it 110%.

i got news for you...the kid HAS NOT been hit but by god he wil be saturday afternoon...even if we dont win he will remeber the night he played the bulldogs...gretna better bring their A game B game and C game if they plan on just "rolling over tazewell" cause you can count on it that the dawgs are gonna show up to play and settle for nothing less than a trip to state

I hope Tazewell wins this one but i have my doubts. Vic Hall is as good a quarterback as Bradshaw is a running back, and he knows how to win. Graham did everything they could do, they blitzed him, they hit him, and tried to cotain him but this guy is too good to stop completely. Tazewell coaches- watch the films and see if they sent anybody on punt coverage-last year they didnt cover punts and if Graham coaches would have paid attention they could have scored on fake punts every time

Good luck Tazewell

Nothing would be finer than a Tazewell victory. But that will be an incredible challenge. To address some comments made, normally western Virginia football competes very well with central and eastern football, with the exception of the large tidewater teams. However, this Gretna team is freakish. They are still the offensive fireball of last year, but their defense has shown weakness. That said, in order to beat them you have to "out offense" them, and not count on your defense stopping them. If Tazewell can score 40 points they have a chance. But can they do this with their ball control scheme? Count on this, Gretna will try to shell shock you immediately and score with less than one minute off the clock. Their coach has taught his team the most complicated and timeing oriented offense I've ever seen. If Hall is on, most passes cannot be defended due to the rythmn of the offense. The only chance of blitzing Hall out of this game is to pressure from the ends, if you have interior atheletes to turn him to. That is tough when all available atheletes are trying to cover the 5 receivers in the pattern. In short, everybody should go to see this Hall guy play. The best I've ever seen, and this from a huge Bradshaw fan. And if nothing has changed from last year, he is one cool and gentlemanly character. Another thing that most forget is that if he is throws the ball, at least two of the three possible results are good for the defense, but if Gretna turns to a Rico Reynolds ground attack it won't be a great relief for any defense. I know I've heralded this team like some magical entity, but I've seen them play and I'm a huge fan of their talent. In summary; Go Dogs, but no shame win or lose, and there is a chance that 40 years from now your fondest story you tell your grandchildren about your high school years is that you beat the great Vic Hall, before he was an NFL star. wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

BTW< why dont many people believe that the SWVA(teams from the hills) can compete with teams from central and eastern VA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they believe more in running around and past your opponent, not go thorugh them like we do. I have lived in Waynesboro,va and even they call it smashmouth here. you can tell the differerence in the regions. also as you can tell by vic hall, they like to pss more