Bluefield Comes back to beat Weir in OT

bluefieldRocks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooper and Spazlazzi were involved in some sort of altercation shortly before the coach/kicker one ensued. I know one of the players was Cooper for sure and I have heard other reports that the player was the kicker and not Spazlazzi. I was standing on the homeside of the south endzone at the field entrance and witnessed basically the entire thing. Cooper was chasing around another player.

From what I was told, the offensive coordinator slapped the kicker for missing the PAT or something of the sort and was chasing him around the field (I didn't see the actual hit, just him running after the player). Bluefield Police were standing about five feet from me and ran across the field to break it up, when the coach supposedly took a shot at one of the officers. He was swiftly taken down and handcuffed, then led off field as several news cameras and photographers captured the arrest. Don't be suprised if this shows up on the national news sometime this week.

If they didnt have cooper they wouldnt have even made it to the quarter finials.....if im lying im dying.....85% of the time they handed if off right up the middle...........So they should be happy to have a running back like him , he reminds me of mike alstot

after the interception td, i ran down to the sidelines with some other former players and were pumping the team... especially the srs "this is your chance make it happen, we're with ya"... i just hope that i had the slightest effect

I was very suprised that Weir didn't attempt that screen pass to Cooper that got them the first TD in their OT possession. By the time the 4th and 3rd came up with 2:30 to play, Bluefield was basically stopping all of the runs up the middle, so I can kinda understand the offensive coordinator's reasoning behind a pass.

[ QUOTE ]

Don't be suprised if this shows up on the national news sometime this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

With so many recent outbursts of violence at sporting events I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this on national news. Especially if some of the actual altercation was caught on tape.

ok i absolutely seen 2 weir players throwin punches at one another, not tussling till later, i seeen fists fly, one i beleive to be cooper, actually im nearly positive since he still had his jersey on, the other had removed the jersey and pads and it looked like Sperlazza, now the 2nd incident, i seen 2 coaches yellin at one another and then one coach went kinda nutso when Bluefields finest attempted to restrain him and he took a swing at a police officer i do beleive; then he was bumrushed and placed in handcuffs after a wrestling match on the 5 yrd line..Blfd PD won that one too...lol..but a female young lady coming off the field told me that she personally witnessed a Weir coach hittign the kicker, didnt see it myself so i dont know but the other stuff..i seen firsthand...i kow someone on here who will fill us in firsthand soon as he gets home, so we wait..

Weir and Bluefield played a great game today. Personally I think Weir dominated the game. But that doesn't mean squat because when it came down to it, your boys dug down deep and played 2 min and 30 seconds with more heart than I have ever seen. Congratulations. With that said, what I witnessed after the game was atrocious. I have never seen a more pitiful display by a few fans,a few players and a coach that probably should never coach again. A fan (DAD) made a nasty comment to the offensive coach who called that stupid pass play that created the momentum it took for your team to "finish us off." The coach was Joe Filberto and he went nuts. A disgusting display of unsportsmanlike conduct that should never be witnessed by children. As for the boy who threw his things and knocked over the table, a hot head who reacts badly when we win or lose. Cooper and sperlazza were not involved other than they were trying to come between Filberto and the fan. The kicker was not slapped, he was hugged by one of the other coaches who knew he felt horrible. I for one was more dissappointed in our behavior than in the loss of the game and to anyone who cares, please accept my apology for our teams behavior. And feel free to keep that coach in jail indefinitly. Congratulations, Good Luck next week in Wheeling.

riderpride, Weir has one hell of a football program and you guys showed it off today. The best two teams in the state met today and it took one of them almost 45 min and 30 seconds to wake up and play to potential. You guys have nothing to be ashamed of, you pushed Bluefield to the very brink and left it all out on the field. Zac Cooper is the real deal and will make a fine player at WVU. We sometimes forget that this is a game and there are more important things in life, our family and friends. Glad to see you made it home safe and thank you for clearing the air on what exactly transpired after the game. You certainly have this Bluefield fan's respect.