Bluefield Comes back to beat Weir in OT

bluefieldRocks

Perhaps they were stepping in the middle of the dad/coach controversy. I certainly didn't see it all. I know a player was either holding his dad back or protecting his dad and several of his teammates were trying to pull him away from the situation. It would not suprise me if the hot head who knocked over the tables took a swing at someone who told him to settle down. He needs anger management classes. On second thought,maybe there are several who could attend.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

yeah...man where is Elliot when you need him...lmfao

j/k with u man.

He is on his Skateboard, when he first moved here we had a nik name for him "twigflipper"

It was a good year overall... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

At the beginning of the telecast, the anchor said Bluefield and Wayne instead of Weir. Come on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's tough to actually sit through our News, but even though we're an hour away from Bluefield, we at WOAY actually spend more time at Beaver Camp than our competition.

From what we saw, we had no clue what was going on when the fight broke out, although we heard it was set off by raucous fans. Bluefield PD said he wasn't going to be arrested, just detained, and no charges would probably be filed, that's why we didn't mention it. From a legal standpoint, he's probably OK for now...until of course, the school board and parents get on him.

I noticed that WOAY had an interview with several Bluefield players after the game including Lucas Stone and Daniel Wells. They also had a nice clip with Coach Simon. Now only if you guys could solve those reception quality problems.

to bluefield and their fans

congratulations,i hope you win it all. it was an exciting game. i was glad i made the trip up there from north carolina to watch that thriller, i guess it was time and money well spent. that was my first time at that stadium and all i can say is WOW ,very nice set up ya'll have up there. heck all we needed was half of the field, i don't think either team even came close to the other endzone on the upper half of the field. i love ya'll press box ,damn they are nice. i had one of the best seats in the house i was right down front on the 50 yd line. it was great, alittle cold and windy as heck ,but it was great.

well again congratulations and good luck .

P.S. i hope weir play ya'll again next yr so i have another reason to come back up there

[ QUOTE ]

riderpride, Weir has one hell of a football program and you guys showed it off today. The best two teams in the state met today and it took one of them almost 45 min and 30 seconds to wake up and play to potential. You guys have nothing to be ashamed of, you pushed Bluefield to the very brink and left it all out on the field. Zac Cooper is the real deal and will make a fine player at WVU. We sometimes forget that this is a game and there are more important things in life, our family and friends. Glad to see you made it home safe and thank you for clearing the air on what exactly transpired after the game. You certainly have this Bluefield fan's respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more sources... Like I said in another thread on here, This game would be better than the state title match-up. We were at our lowest lows and our highest highs during this game. Weir football has an outstanding program. They have no reason to feel bad after this loss, except for the altercation after the game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

At the beginning of the telecast, the anchor said Bluefield and Wayne instead of Weir. Come on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's tough to actually sit through our News, but even though we're an hour away from Bluefield, we at WOAY actually spend more time at Beaver Camp than our competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got that right and it's greatly appreciated by Beaver fans. I really enjoyed the story you guys ran on the Albert family a couple of days ago. Keep up the great work and keep covering local sports like you do b/c that's what a local TV station should do.

To the Weir fans, The Beavers fan can feel your pain b/c we had to sit through the same type of situation at Wheeling Island last year. We dominated the second half of that game and then magic fumble changed everything. We lost by the exact same score as I'm sure you know. The drive home was horrible and I'm sure Weir fans are experiencing the same thing.

As for the postgame activities I'm not sure what to say. I was already taken back by how the game ended and then to see that happened knocked me back even further. No one had any right to do what they did and all should be ashamed of themselves. You win with humbliness and lose with class.

4th down and short, 2 minutes to go in the game. your opponent doesn't have any timeouts and you are up by two td's and dominating the game. Why pass the ball? I'll tell you why? to run the score up!!!! plain and simple. the OC got the two things he deserved yeaterday. a loss and a trip to jail