" STORM WARNING" Salem vs Richlands

Cola

Alright, forget Cleatgate and watering the field, Old argument-means nothing in 2004. Congrats to Salem for winning Region III and getting to travel to Ernie Hicks Stadium. The Heading of this thread says it all. The Storm will be present next Saturday regardless of the news reports. Our Storm kinda lingers around and waits to strike.

The Storm is Coming !!!!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright Blues, the weekend is about over and tommorow starts another week of practice, except this week you will have to get tighter then ever. They are some people that still believe we play inferior football from the middle part of the state. So be sure next Saturday afternoon intoduce them to "The Storm" and may as well open up a lil offense just to show the non beleivers.

Conrats on winning the region. I say that you guys will beat salem, and you have a good shot at winning state. Im glad to see two swd in the state semi-finals, and you have by far the best chance in winning. Good luck and give em hell.

I'm feelin' that storm coming through town. Go out there and play some ball and there wont be a team that can beat you guys. Just keep knockin heads!! I'll be there to watch you guys win and be on your way to State. Good luck boys! C-ya there Cola.

I gotta be there, the town needs to be there, SWD needs to be there. I want this team to erase the doubt of SWVA Football. We play smashmouth football and thats what its all about.

From what I've read on VA preps, Salem seems to be looking past Richlands, to the state final game. That tells me that they think SWfootball is inferior and is something to look over. I hope we can play 4 hard hitting quarters of football and send them home with their tails between their legs.!!!

i think it's pretty cool to see all the area teams pull for Tazewell and Richlands...and I'm proud of the boys from Grundy for showing a lot of class and not just posting here, but making the trip over and sitting along side the Richlands crew and cheering them on...very cool.

I saw a few of the Graham players on Tazewell's sidelines...although some of the student section were yelling "Graham sucks" at them...which was kinda lame...if the kids show up and sit on your side, go up and shake their hand and tell them good game and good luck next year...don't yell "Graham sucks" at them...lol...that's not cool.

Two games left and the SWD has two teams playing for a trip to state...everyone should be supporting them...if you can't make the trip from Tazewell to Gretna, if you are a Tazewell fan you should get your butt out to the Richlands game and cheer these boys on.

Which reminds me...when are these games being played? Friday or Sat? I heard the Tazewell game was Sat. at 1:30 but have not confirmed that yet... confused.gif

COLA: Iwont call and wake you up Wednesday morning but call me when your up and going at the shop. Ive gotta get a lot of things together for the tailgate and every thing. ill be at the shop around 8:00 that morning

Grundy folks: I love you guys.

I'd like to meet you all, but being in the band throws a wrench in that. If there's any way of you guys staying a couple of minutes after the game I would be able to shake some hands, and that would be appreciated. If possible let me know.

That a boy, yall were pretty loud w/out the band Friday Cola, good job, and the ol siren wil DEF. be back this sat. wink.gif..haha...couldnt find a battery in time for the game last week is what dad said but its in the truck and ready to go right now.ha

[ QUOTE ]

I rekon all State Semis and final are pre-scheduled top be played on Saturdays due to travel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh...I still don't know what I'm going to do. VT/Miami or Richlands/Salem. I want to see both.