The future of Bluefield?

Beaver_Pride

The Bluefield Beavers will be losing alot of talent this year as the seniors leave. I know that Albert And Hutchinson will be returning for the line. Does anyone have any clue who will take the center, the other guard and tackle positions? and what about the TE?

Bluefield is losing a lot this year, and with all due respect to Albert, Hutchinson, and whoever, they're not going to nearly have the talent to carry this team next year. They're losing all of their backs, most of their line, most of their defense, and of course their kicker and punter (which they'll see next year will hurt them a lot more than they think). So if you were to ask me, I honestly wouldn't even place them as a playoff team next year. They'll be way too inexperienced.

However, due to the declining level of talent in WV (as this year certainly showed - I mean, when was the last time Graham, Princeton, Woodrow, and Oak Hill were ALL that bad?!) I think Blfd may have a chance to squeak in the playoffs. But thats a big if. If the talent is as bad as it was this year, they'll certainly have a chance.

[ QUOTE ]

I keep hearing a lot of talk of behind the scenes stuff, so while Bluefield is losing a lot they may have more than anyone expects next year. It's just a matter of waiting until August to see what, or who, next season will bring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, patience is the key, see who looks good in practice.

I hate to sound trite, but three words come into my head:

Kids step up.

There may well be some 9th or 10th graders this year that hit maturity, and grow. Maybe several step up and become starters. With the blowouts, I'd think some of these kids got some game experience already, so they're not completely raw.

It's just really hard to say. I'd say there have been some kids who grow 6 inches and put on 50 pounds between 9th and 11th grade years...some little guy may be the star in a year or two.

The Beavers are losing alot but I hear that they might be gaining some players from Princeton but this is just a rumor! U can't really tell who is going to start at the point because whoever gets there tail out there and works there butt off will be deserving to start! But it looks like Travis Steptoe and Allen Collins might be starting on the line! As for the running game future Junior Jerome Powell is pretty good and i heard that we might be getting marcus hayes from P-town! Also it looks like future Sophmore Eric McClanhan will be starting at QB, so hopefully the experience he got this year will help him out! But we really won't know intill Augest! So Goodluck everyone

I do have a question. Do you all from bluefield think that if they wouldn't have had Mike Davis and Repass (the transfers) do you all think they still would have had the season they did? in my oppinion i probably would have picked them to lose a couple of games. im not trying to make a big deal out of the transfer things but i just want opinions.

Both of those guys played key roles this year, as well as a lot of other players. This season was a team effort from start to finish. If one of the top guns were having an off night, then another one of them would step up and kill you. Now imagine if Mike Davis had stayed put at Beaver after his freshman season and not left for Princeton for two years...

I agree with you on that bluefield rocks

and think without Mike D would we of had the 70 yard interception return for a TD against Weir??

Would we of beat Martinsburg, what about Mt.View??

Would we of went Undefeated, Would we of won the AA State Championship??

This Question really cannot be answered because there is so much talent in that Senior Class

But i can say Repass and Davis helped Bluefield out tremediously and I just wanted to say thanks for bringing it back to bluefield

I place Bluefield with a 6-4 record next year, squeaking in as a 13th seed. Bluefield has a lot of sway with the West Virginia polls, due to the strength of schedule they play (Martinsburg is the best example of this), the great history of the program (now eight state titles), and the well-renowned coach Fred Simon. I think Bluefield will be there, but because of a lack of speed, strength, and overall age, it will not be the factor it has been in the past four years.

I can assure you that the players on next year's team won't lack strength either. I've seen the strength program at the high school, and was even in it at one point, but Coach Simon will have them ready for next season.

I have no doubt Simon will have Bluefield prepared for the upcoming season; another thumping in the Graham/Beaver game will show us that.

THAT is the reason they will be a 13th seed in the playoffs. Only so many state championships can be won with a small offensive line. Very few can be won with a great group of seniors leaving which Bluefield is facing. The speed will be there, and I believe the intensity will be there. I just believe Bluefield will be physically overwhelmed, ergo my reasoning.

If the 2 boys from Princeton did nothing else, they added to the level of team class that the Beavers had this year!

Just watching from the stands, this team was a very well behaved bunch of players. With all of the hoopla that has been going on in sports on TV and even on the field at one of our own games, these kids showed class!

Jonathan Repass' family are wonderful people! We were blessed to have them in our stands this year and I look forward to basketball season with Jonathan playing.

Michael Davis belonged "back home" to finish his high school career too!

UVA: The Bluefield line may be one of the strongest aspects for the beavers in the upsoming season. Allen Carter, Ryan Albert, Allen Collins, Travis Steptoe, and Jeff Hutchinson are all big and pretty fast. After practice, Allen Carter and Jeff Hutchinson run hills while others run in, this to me shows alot of heart and determination to be better. This line combination mixed with the help of some skill players should boost Bluefield to another pretty sucessful season.

I am by no means doubting Bluefield's heart and determination. I am very pleased to see the young men take the initiative to give the extra work in order to help their team. This does help the physical aspect somewhat.

However, I doubt the physique of the players next season. With the same ability level, a 275 pound lineman will be more beneficial than a 190 pound lineman. Bluefield's line struck me as small (just as Graham's struck me as downright puny), but maybe I am living in the days of 2001. It may be me, who knows; that is why I am here. wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

After practice, Allen Carter and Jeff Hutchinson run hills while others run in, this to me shows alot of heart and determination to be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea thats a possibility, or they could just be running them for punishment, carter dont seem the kind of person to do extra when we its unnessary..

Trust me if you ever see allen carter he will never strike you as little. This boy is huge. I think he's maybe 6'1 270, thats just a guess. but he's not little guy

The only little guy we'll have on our line will be allen collins our center, and he's pretty tall also. Just not as big as our other linemen.Im more worried about our QB situation to be honest with you