SWVA Football - Football Game?

Lance

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it looks like the weather is going to be nice...it was a great day here today - says it's 43 here now but it feels warmer than that in the sun...should be a repeat Saturday...so everyone better show up!

[ QUOTE ]

...so everyone better show up!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm driving to Charlotte Friday evening, heading back early saturday morning just for this game.....If I can make, surely everyone else can....unless of course previous engagements keeps you from it....then I guess you are excused.

we'll just do two hand touch...don't really need flags, if anyone has them, bring them...but we should be fine without it...someone get Ringstaff and Tatum and the rest of the Richlands crew to show up...hope some of the Tazewell, Lebanon, Bluefield, and Graham guys show up to.

well...we all have some honor I hope...honor system usually works ok...if guy says he got you with two hands, take his word for it...or maybe someone will have flags or something...it's all fun...hope those guys can make it...would be nice to meet everyone.

Not too many people made it but the ones who did had a good time. I didn't play, and Lance came out with a hamstring injury, but I think it was something like 6 against 6. I believe they were all from Richlands and Grundy. The All-SWD team was well represented with Thad Wells, Jeremy Keene, Brandon Gayheart and several Grundy players including Colby Owens and the Marcum brothers.

Hopefully we can do it again in a few months. Maybe get one of the picnic shelters and cook some hamburgers or something.

yeah dumb me didn't stretch out good before hand...you would figure I would learn...not a big deal though...nothing major and the knee held up like a charm and that's what I was wanting to find out...the hammy will heal up just fine I'm sure..lol....still got to throw a couple of TD passes and score one myself so I had a blast...was just great seeing everyone play together again and to get to be a part of it for a while. Enjoyed talking to you a lot BigD.

Thanks guys.

It's been well over 24 hours since we played and I still can't walk.....too sore. Anyways, thanks for letting an old guy get out there and try to play ball with you "youngens", I had a blast !!