SWVA Football - Football Game?

Lance

you guys interested in getting a game together? Since we were talking about it in the other post I figured I would start one here and see if we have enough people that want to play...could be open to anyone who wants to play...just a fun thing...maybe 7 on 7 or 5 on 5 and set up teams and do an all day tourney or something?

Probably have to be flag or two hand touch so everyone (all ages) can play and we don't need anyone getting hurt...what do you guys think? Play to 10 win by 2...1 point for each TD no extra points or FG.

So post here if you want to play...probably have to be a Saturday afternoon and find a place in Richlands since that is sort of the central point of Grundy, Tazewell, Lebanon, and not far from Graham or Bluefield. We can probably work out rides for people who don't have transportation fairly easy this way to.

This is strictly for fun and would be a good way for all of us guys to get together and hang out and play some football...this is off the record sort of thing so you can't sue the website or me or GMan if you get turf toe...lol.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My health won't allow me to play but I'd love to come watch.

Cola mentioned playing at the college...for anyone who doesn't know, SVCC has a full size football field that, to my knowledge has never been used by a football team. It would be a great place.

I think a lot of the Grundy guys would be in...talked to Garon and the Marcum crew is game, and he said he could get some of the other guys in...this will be cool getting some of the SWD kids all on the same field to play a little ball...if we can get some of the graham and Tazewell kids in on it and I know the Richlands crew is game...should end up being a lot of fun.

Hmm old timer jokes,I can't make any I played rugby with old timers. Speaking of which any of ya'll former footballers wanna see how many people we can get out and get a team going again? I'm going to go by and see my old Scrumhalf and see what the propects are of getting one going again.

I'm game. And I know both Marcums, and the brother, DMan would all be in.

I say we split it up, just draw names out of a hat who is on who's team, say myself, Blues_56 and Cola are on a team. Then Biscuit, Lance and TRUEBLUE on another, that way it would be even.

Location doesn't matter, lets just play some ball baby!

That sounds like a good idea. Now that we got a bunch of people wanting to play we need to set a time, date and location. This will be the first annual swva football post season game if it goes good maybe we can do this at the end of every football season.

you guys trying to split up all the "old" people I see...lmfao.

My knee is shot..scoped twice...just started rehab not long ago again, so I'm limited to what I can do, probably have to QB a little or something.

Ah whatever...it will be fun...I will try to get a location set up this week...maybe we can hit it next weekend.