Richlands/Hurley!

Blues_56

I believe RHS 47 HHS 36. Go blue.

From what i heard though that the Rife's Raiders got into some trouble. Police were called by Hurley Fans. RHS doing nothing wrong, no cursing, no obscence gestures just being themselves, but some reject hurley fans did not like it and called the cops.

I do not care who the hack it was. I do believe our fans were on ourside. Then you all had to come on ourside. When our guys went out at halftime your assitant coach told some of you fans or players not sure which to sit were our fans were. and if my memory is still with me i pretty sure your fans were so loud when our cheerleaders where on the court you could not even hear them. You do not see us crying about the whole thing. Hopefully you all will get a sports program worth anything and get some fan support like the blues

well all i can say is that if u are goin to sit there and talk about the players and then when the games over and they can say somthin u all run but hey i understand u were scared kinda like u all were against salem and i wish i was still playin just to get the enjoyment of coming to ur court to beat u all. Because the Rebels will bring all they got next time.

And just for the prick who feels like say somthing smart back takin up for ur boys who ran from hurley. Two things kept them from trying to fight was fear and common sense.

But im suprised they had enough common sense for doing that after there actions during the game.

They do have common sense they did not come to fight. Niether should you all. They come to have fun and cheer on their team. I do not blame them for not fighting that just causes trouble. Thats not why we were there. Can't say the same for you all though

Just a bunch of bull crap. Our student fans were roudy as ever. You not what i'm talking about if you've been to any games basketball, volleyball, football. Hurley fans did not like it so they come to our side, call the cops, which the cops did not have to do anything. Our guys were not drunk though they may say they were. After the game they try to come after us, players, fans, everyone. Our guys are smart enough to get a=in their cars and leave before any fighting begins. A lot of nonsense from a team that lost because of some really good fans.

I dont know if you where one of rifes raiders, but if you are then you just told a big lie there was no players or fans going after you guys if there had been anybody going after you guys you wouldnt be talking all this smack. I was there and there were a few times fans thought you guys where pointting fingers at some fans, as to if you had something more to say about them. And in all honesty i think it is great that you kids get behind your team that is what you should do,but dont go saying stuff like when hurley gets a good program the fans will have something to cheer about because if you were aat the same game then you would have seen HURLEY lead most of the game. So please save the bragin for some other time because if your a 2AA school and you can only say you pulled out a win against HURLEY,a 1A school with no fan support and only 8 players and very little experience then your in for a rude awakening when you come up against grund,tazwell,etc....And hurley has nothing to hang there heads about nobody gave them a chance to even be in that game including myself. but I said all along that if they play good -D- they could win that game and thats what it came down to they just got tierd .And it didnt help there efforts any that micro machine ref. called every thing against HURLEY he might have well just took off the black and white strips and put on a blue richlands shirt! Only my opinion : confused.gif GO HURLEY REBELS!!!!!YOUVE STILL GOT ONE FAN THAT WILL STICK UP FOR YOU grin.gif SEE YA NEXT GAME!

Well, i am a player for richlands and this is the second year of existence for the rife's raiders. Many of these guys are football players and other athletes and at richlands we take pride in all our sports and support each other, I was just as loud and annoying as these guys during football games. I see nothing wrong w/ being absolutely as loud and obnoxious as possible in the stands as long as you dont single out any player or go to the other side of the court just to make trouble. As far as I know none of our fans did although I did see an ADULT lady from Hurley go up to our stands and cause bitterness. I also know I was told by many PARENTS after the game to be careful leaving b/c there were a lot of hurley fans congregating outside the door. It was a good game and the gym was loud and I enjoyed playing at yall's gym but after the game there is no need for this. Just take the loss w/ dignity and go home, thats what we do.

Sounds like something normal for down there.My Gf lives in Guesses Fork down in Hurley and I was wanting to come to that game.The post is right about Hurley women being dangerous,they are but dang if some of them dont look gorgeous. What do they put in the water down there lmao. Anyways when do we play them at home? I hope them boys didn't fly back across Knox Creek.

Sorry about the post about your sports program. Had a great year in football and basketball seems to be doing very well. Great game last night. Jut a little upset about the post someone made about Richlands being drunk and everything. Also I was in the gym after the game when all the commotion was going on outside. We went to the gym doors and looked out and I seen with my own two eyes Hurley fans young and old along the outside yelling at some of our fans. During the game some older woman, not sure who it was, came over and got about an inch from one of the Rife's Raiders, and yelled at him. He said nothing and she walked away. A little while later is when the cops showed up. After the game the parents of the RHS players wallked their kids to the bus because of some Hurley fans were yelling things at them, not obscene things just yelling at them. Uncalled for in my opinion. Yell all you want drring the game but once you step off the court. It should be over. Just My opinion. Even one of your own posted that half of Richlands would not be in this world were it not for the police and that we were scared to fight after the game. Seems to me there were some that came after our guys. Its all over now until Dec 28. Good Luck until then.. Should be a good game.

to actually talk about the game. our blues won the game and played in sperts. and good in the 4th. but the click was not there.had pretty good shot choice just was not hitting and need to work on using the inside and running game a little. it showed that they had only a few practices together practices due to football. have a tough week next week try to get all basketball legs under them 4 games next week ansd 5 in 7 days very tough with little practice but it will all come together.

hurly you played a a good game just did not finish. have some great kids on the floor and athlets i agree i would use some kids in some different places but they have some talent

Hey 20, I hate to break it to ya but you had some 40 year old parent or someone come over in front of our students and start cussing and swarming but we didn't do anything. We go out at halftime and there she is again cussing and swarming. We were just cheering for our team. You guys were just trying to start a fight.

About us running from you guys, I'm pretty sure we were out standing in the parking lot for a solid 15 minutes. If you wanted to do anything you had your chance.

As for the Salem comment, thats just retarded. We went to the state semi's and lost to the eventual state champ. We were in the game the entire time. They never went up by more than 7 until about 6 minutes left in the game.

BTW how did Hurley do in the first round matchup in the playoffs. LOL

I am a RAIDER and darn proud of it....but I would just like to appolgize for the SUPPORT we showed our team Friday night and the MASSIVE amount of school spirit we have.. i am sorry we were LOUD and kept the gym so exteremly UNBEARABLE for the fans of the home team... im also sorry that certain fans thought we were "scared" of the 5 year olds (or at least most of them acted like it) and "ran" after the game... im sorry the fans from Hurley thought it hurt our feelings about losing to Salem last week in the STATE SEMI FINALS!!!! i am sorry that we are high school students having a good time and cheering on our team... and i am sorry that you all.... CANT HANDLE THE RAIDERS!!!!

And i thought it was pretty funny that the woman who graced us with her presence Friday night told us that we need to learn some manners at our school,then went on to say during halftime in the hall that " she didnt care if she was a woman, she'd kick the crap out all our butts!" smirk.gif ALL WE were doing was cheering for our team... there were school officals from our school there, there were parents of kids from our school there, and i believe that if we had done anything wrong, pretty sure THEY would have let us know about it wink.gif!!!

As for Hurley's basketball team, u guys were awesome! I enjoy an intense game, and this one started Raider's season off right... you guys never gave up and held the lead for most the game...u guys can sure hit those 3s!! but good luck to you and see ya when you come to richlands.

You know thats what gets under my skin about the most of you guys from grundy!You judge everyone from hurley for what a few peps. done at some ball game, that is one of the most ungodly things that you can say about someone I mean its stupid. you guys have players on the varsity team that live and are from hurley. As far as hurley being in the same county, well I dont want to bring politics in this but if all those business men from grundy hadnt took all those millions from the peps. at hurley then maybe hurley would be a more pleasnt place to live.And another thing HURLEY makes up over half the square miles in this county and population.And maybe you think that this is just fun and games ,making fun of other pep. if it is you need to grow up because in life you reep what you sow this may come bac to bite ypu in the butt some day!SO I will leave you with this to think about being prejudice is not allways black-or white, in some peoples eyes its who you are and where you come from.This is not the stone age and the last time I looked grundy and hurley pep. all walk erect.And in the great words of ABBRAHAM LINCOLN (ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL). I just woonder how many times we have passed each other on a street or in a store with a smile on our faces as if to say have a good day!!!!! grin.gif

Hey b ballin or whatever...You should not be talking crap about the Richlands people not wanting to fight or whatever because they did the right thing...I am from Hurley myself and its people like you that give Hurley a bad name. Richlands won the game fair and square. Dont talk crap about Richlands losing to salem in the state semis because i watched richlands a few times myself this year and they had the best bll team in SWVA. Salem could beat anybody around here. So dont throw off on another team to make yours look good. If you dont remember your team got beat pretty bad in the first round playoffs. So hey b baller who you gonna whip anyway? All the hurley fans that were out there standing in the parking lot was all mouth anyway and thos are the same people that always give hurley a bad name. Hurley you played a good game against a bigger school but you lost....keep it at that and get ready for the next one. So act your age for someone really whips your a??

This thread raises one extremely large question in my mind....

Why in the world is Richlands still playing Hurley?

This isn't meant as a slight to the good folks in that part of the world at all, but I have a hard time understanding how this series benefits either program.

RIFE'S RADIERS COME ON DOWN TO VA HIGH ON THURSDAY AND LET IT LOOSE! SHOW THESE CITY BOYS WHAT SCHOOL SPIRIT IS ALL ABOUT! I THINK IT IS EXCELLENT TO SHOW SCHOOL SPIRIT AND SHOW SUPPORT OF YOUR FELLOW CLASSMATES.

Thanks, i don't know if we are going to be able to make it to Thursday's game.. it doesn't start until 8:30 and most of us have exams on Friday.. but if you don't get to hear us on Thursday, we will definently be there on Friday!!!