Twin Valley 69 Grundy 47

Lance

Grundy played good and at one point they came within 7 then the game just started to slip away....the real reason why twin valley beat them is because we couldn't get anything started in the middle becuase #42 Matthew Baldwin the kid is 6'6...anything we even tried to put up was swatted down by him.... the refs were terrible it was just all in all a bad game

Dont blame it all on the refs.Yes they were bad but when you miss wide open looks at the basket your not going to win alot of games that way. and you cant expect to shoot a shot when your 5-10 in a 6-6 foot guys face your going to have to head fake or go around him. grundy played like they where on a play ground like they had no idea of what to do or who to go to ,when theo was hot they should have set some screens and got him some open looks at the basket,they dont play as a team and with a coach like coach mounts I dont think they ever will.Taken nothing away from twinvalley the are a good team but if grundy would have played more fundamental basketball instead of who ever gets the ball shots they would not have had to play catch up all game. And I dont think the score shows how bad it realy was ,grundy couldnt even run a play when they were told to do so t.v. players were in there faces all game long and that is what happens when you dont set screens and roll to the basket and truthfully I dont think that the grundy kids are going to play hard for coach mounts,or even do what he wants them to do because they have no recpect for the man nor do they put faith in what he teaches. - this is to theo and steph. you guys thought that by going to grundy that you would have it better when it came to sport but in reality you didnt nor do you , when grundys football team only made it as far as the 1rst. round as did hurley and grundys basketball has gone to hell in a hand bag thanks alot in part to coach mounts. THERE have been alot of talk about coach horn and coach blankenship at hurley but if there is one thing I can say in honesty is that they will coach fundementals not just yell and holler at you when you make a bad choice of what you do with the ball, they demand respect from there players and expect there players to treat each other the same not to get mad at each other on the floor and yelling at your teammate wich I seen alot from grundy boys against T.V. grundy needs to stop blamming each other and start looking in the mirror at what they can do for there team to help them win its not all about how many you shoot its about who makes the most and as long as grundy plays selfish then this is going to be the out come of most of there games GOOD LUCK GRUNDY YOUR IN FOR A LONG HAUL!!! OH YA!CONGRATS. TO MY HURLEY REBELS FOR WINNING THE TURNY.OR AT LEAST PART LOL.( LIFES TO SHORT TO JUST PLAY SO HOOP IT UP) wink.gif

I'd take Hurley's basketball coaches any day over Mounts...but don't give Theo and the guys crap for going to Grundy and don't even compare your football program to Grundy and say you both got put out in the same round...that is true but Grundy won 9 games this year and you have to add up at least 6 season of Hurley football to get 9 wins total.

I'd say that going to Grundy for those kids has a lot more to do with it than sports...given the choice of the two schools, most people would pick going to Grundy vs. going to Hurley just to be honest.

Lets be honest then.No I would not send one of my kids to grundy if I had to pick a school it would be TWINVALLEY bcause for a small school they do about everything you can think of for there kids to compete in sports.and education. there not a school that puts alot on who you are and what you can do for your school, but instead a school that ask themselves what the kid needs ,and what they can do to help.

So please no crap talking about hurley unless you have ever had to go to school here or endure what some of these kids have just to play sports then dont even start because I wasnt saying anything bad about grundy just pointed out what everybody else in grundy knows .but I guess where im from hurley it mad you mad that I said something about your school and with those kind of attitudes from all the grundy peps.that I hear and know, Iwill never send one of my kids to grundy thats why I say if grundy and hurley had to combined Id send my kid to TWINVALLEY a school from what I have seen is a school with little or no prejudice in there schools of who you are and where you are from I beleive that there doing a good job for all there kids now since they became TWINVALLEY. maybe its time that grundy pep. started openning there eyes the days of the grundy almighty is all most over they dont have the enrollment like they use to either and it will get worse untill the time they bring hurley and grundy together in one school and that may or may not be a bad idea it all depends on how the to areas can except one another!

let the numbers decline at grundy, then since we will always have four votes on the school board, we will vote to close all mighty hurley and send you to grundy. then you will see what sports are really like. see you in the halls in a couple of years.

Basically, it was a good game. It started off like it was going to get ugly. Then, came the sub rotation for TV, which are all good players. For some reason, they lost Grundys shooter. He nailed 2 or 3 3's and then another guy one.. and the lead was cut to 8 or so.. Grundy had no answer for TV's inside game ... About ref's.. if they'd called all that shoulda been called Baker and Ashby (Theo slapping) probably shoulda been gone in the third.. But, they let them play, thats was a good thing..

Grundy shot the ball much better against a tough TV defense. Most teams arent going to be that active and stay as fresh as TV when their coach subed in multitude. Continuity, suffered alittle during the grundy run,but that was taken care of the the next round of replacements. Coach Moore gives his players a chance it seems. It's hard to play 5 against 10, when the second 5 can compete in their own right. It will only help them down the road.

Grundy played much better tonight, more inspired and with much more heart it seemed..

Good luck in the games to come.

OH, who was the kid that came in the last 3 or 4 minutes and looked tough for Grundy... His number 33 i think.. left hand, jumper looked good..

YOU have got to be 100% jock you see its not all about sports in a school I dont know but I think the real reason for school is to learn! And the deal with you having four votes on the school board is true just another way yo screw the other county schools isnt it ,I mean that is what your saying isnt that the only way grundy geats what it wants is by twisting things to there advantage. And to send hurley kids to grundy would never work either they would have to build a new school somewere in between and the name couldnt stay the same after all the tide has got to go down if the rebels must surrender. They could call it (jones's high) after all that is what grundy has always tried to live above isnt,so dont bring politics in this because Im sure if you guys at grundy had it your way you would take the money for a new school and just by some coon dogs for the peps. at hurley. And you would never have to worrie about me being in the halls at grundy because the only time that I will ever be there is when my kids enjoy scoring 25-30 points against the (jones's high school)to a victory for the twinvalley panthers! and like I said before my kids will never go to school at grundy if it means me having to have to move across the Mnt. And another thing that burns me up about you guys at grundy is that yo cant except getting beat by a 1-A SCHOOL NOT ONE TIME BUT 2 TIMES I SAID 2 TIMES IN THE SAME TURNY. You talk about how T.V. sent in fresh players that was as good as the ones they subed for but what was the deal when you played hurley? they could only sub 2 at a time they only have 7vn players my ole mighty friend.! tongue.gif(LIFES TO SHORT TO JUST PLAY SO HOOP IT UP) mad.gif

Anyone is better than Mounts...and who would want the job at Grundy anyway? It's worse than the politics that have haunted Tazewell football over the years...that's why they can't find a good coach...no one wants it...if anyone wanted it, Mounts would have been gone already.

As far as Grundy school vs. Hurley school vs. Twin Valley school...I would still send my kid to Grundy for just plain education reasons, if i had a kid that was good in basketball, I'd send him to twin Valley out of the three...football I'd go with Grundy hands down....other sports? who cares...none of them produce anything in the big pic other than wrestling and that's easy enough to call..Grundy hands down over the other two.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not talking trash about Hurley...my dad went to Hurley and played football for Smiley Ratliff over there...I have absolutly nothing against Hurley...but for what we are talking about I'm just trying to be honest about what I would do...I'm not mad or upset or whatever...but let's call it like it is and not just make up crap along the way...I still say you have no right to criticize Theo and the gang for going to Grundy instead of Hurley.

if we took the money for coon dogs, than the school would be in hurley. i think the head coon dog was the chairman of the board from hurley not grundy. if we have our way, we would take hurley and build the county land fill over there. i was told once by someone from out of the county if they had a son in jail or hurley, they would get the one out of hurley first. as far as losing to hurley in basketball, you actually beat hurley. 3 of the starters are from hurley along with the coach. so you really beat yourself. as for you taking your kid to twin valley, you should, they are losers too.

You see thats what im talking about knowone from twinvalley even said the first thing about you guys that was bad and you take a punch at them talking about your sore losers,and talking about the 3 starters that where from hurley,how bad would hurley have beatten grundy if they had those 3 on hurleys team.So with that said can all the talk about the grundy team getting beat by hurley stop ,they should just call you guys the hurley B team. And the cheap shot you took at my kid hes only 6 and hes no loser his team beat every team this year to win the championship all 5 of your feder schools so take your shots at someone else because you do not want to bring crap like this into this! I promise you one thing you will see me face to face and we will see how big and bad U,R then maybe after I get done sticking my foot down your throat my kids can have fun taking cheap shots at you mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only way you could say the coon dog thing started this is if you thought it might have been true! why else would anyone take a cheap shot at a child like this idiot did but like I said to the other bum one good turn deserves another my cheap shot toward him is coming! the first time I lay eyes on him. mad.gif

You can really tell that it burns ole wave up when Grundy loses to 1A teams like hurley and twin valley. For hm to say Hurley just beat theirselves by playing Grundy becaue 3 of the starters were from Hurley isnt saying much about the talent at grundy. I guess some kids or parents think their is better opportunity at Grundy......but pleas tell where do they see that. What has Grundy produced or where have they went? Wrestling is the only thing grundy has and its not worth a sh?? since Dresser left. As for football Grundy always makes the playoffs and loses usually first round. They never can beat richlands. As for football they better think about consolidation so they can get some players and start thinking about that next level....You go 9-1 and lose to a 4-6 team the first round. whats that say? Ole wave grow up and quit hating. oh yeah if it wanst for those players like theo and stephan over there on the football team they would not even make the playoffs. Who else is left? Marcum and thats it. You better be glad Hurley is a neighbor so you can have decent team.

[ QUOTE ]

You can really tell that it burns ole wave up when Grundy loses to 1A teams like hurley and twin valley. For hm to say Hurley just beat theirselves by playing Grundy becaue 3 of the starters were from Hurley isnt saying much about the talent at grundy. I guess some kids or parents think their is better opportunity at Grundy......but pleas tell where do they see that. What has Grundy produced or where have they went? Wrestling is the only thing grundy has and its not worth a sh?? since Dresser left. As for football Grundy always makes the playoffs and loses usually first round. They never can beat richlands. As for football they better think about consolidation so they can get some players and start thinking about that next level....You go 9-1 and lose to a 4-6 team the first round. whats that say? Ole wave grow up and quit hating. oh yeah if it wanst for those players like theo and stephan over there on the football team they would not even make the playoffs. Who else is left? Marcum and thats it. You better be glad Hurley is a neighbor so you can have decent team.

[/ QUOTE ]

like i said...you guys have to take 6 seasons worth of wins at Hurley to total one season of wins at Grundy...so get over yourself...you guys do good for what you have, but you don't really have anything to brag about. Do something first, then talk trash about Grundy...you have done nothing...in years...period.

You beat Grundy in basketball...congrats...you are one of many that will do that this year...lol.