Sources

: u think bluefield is better than us this year this hayden

: #54

IcedWrsts: Yah

IcedWrsts: Er yeah

: lol u r crazy

IcedWrsts: Good teams know how to close

IcedWrsts: You guys fell apart after the interception

IcedWrsts: Bluefield never lost their composure even though you guys dominated the whole game

: no r coach fell apart

IcedWrsts: You guys had a great team, I have alot of respect for you

IcedWrsts: The coach doesn't play

IcedWrsts: You guys play

IcedWrsts: You had a chance to stop Bluefield twice after that INT

IcedWrsts: You failed both times

: u wrong that y right before the pick there coach said they game was over and that y u suck **** ***** and u wont play us this year soo u can suck my ****

IcedWrsts: Championship teams close when it counts

IcedWrsts: lol

: lol yea u wouldnt kwno bout that what bwas ur record in hs

: *****

IcedWrsts: I appreciate the compliments though, I guess my opinion holds alot of weight in your mind

: lol no we were better and u knwo and so does the whole state so that all that counts n if u guys get some ball y dont u come up to weir and play us or **** will come back down there and finish we start and this time u we will bring a good coach not some ***** who is affarid to call something to finish the game *****

: bye

IcedWrsts: Blame on the coach all you want

IcedWrsts: You choked

IcedWrsts: Maybe if come down again, we'll let you touch the trophy

IcedWrsts: Take care ace

You guys might have won the state title, but you were not the best team. I watched the Weir game, they handed you your asses for 46 minutes. If that coach runs on 4th down the game is over, and you guys know it. So don't talk crap, just be glad you were fortunate enough to have survived. Call it a make up for last year or whatever. But you certainly were not better than Weir. Just luckier.

SORRY BUD, THE GAME IS FOR 48 MIN NOT 46. We dont stop at 46 min and see who is ahead. I congratulate bluefield for finishing what they started. You can whine about the coaching all you want too, but who was in charge to get you too that point? Who led you to all the other victories? I congratulate the Weir coach for his accomplishments this season. I wish him the best in his life. That play may have been dumb in the fans eyes (mine included) but he is the one getting paid to make the decisions, thats what he done.

I forget dookie is the be-all, end-all on high school football folks, so there we have it. The great dookie has spoken and given his final view of what's what. We can now all sleep at night. Thank you dookie.

[ QUOTE ]

So don't talk crap, just be glad you were fortunate enough to have survived.

[/ QUOTE ]

So according to this philosophy if you aren't the best, then you shouldn't "talk crap" right? Then what in the world is a Graham fan doing talking at all after this past season, especially talking junk to the state champion Beavers...lol

Pretty cheap posting a private conversation on a message board. Especially when the person identified himself. Not what I have come to expect from a bluefield fan. The game has been over for a long time. It was a big surprise to all who saw it. Isn't that why it is called "Miracle at Mitchell"? Let's all move on. Anyone I have sent a private message to, I expect it to remain private or I would have posted it myself. Thanks for not disrespecting that.

Riderpride, for the record in my opinion that weir fan's attitude isn't reflective of weir fans either, overall almost all have been very respectful and good fans, yourself as well, even more so than others.

As for the game itself, which could possibly be debated for years to come when it's mentioned, as I posted immediately afterwards, I simply thought weir seemed to have more desire and played harder through most of the 4 quarters, but I thought they were equal caliber teams, either capable of defeating the other in certain games or depending on how the ball bounced.

And that said, in defense of bluefield, they made a few mistakes early, or had the ball bounce the other way for weir, such as the fumbled over the head hike from shotgun when they were driving around weir's 20 in the 2nd quarter, which made a 1st and 10 a 2nd and 20 some.

Or the deflected bluefield pass that was intercepted by weir and returned down inside bluefield's 20 to make for a short field for weir's 1st score.

Weir started out playing harder, and things throughout the game ensured they had momentum throughout most of the game as well. No intention of discrediting weir in the least, that's football and a big factor which often determines the outcome in close games between equal teams.

But the other side is the fact that bluefield did get momentum with just over 2 minutes to go and played their best football with it for the remainder of the game and ot.

Their best football for the time they played it was enough.

As I wrote on tri state preps message board, as evidence from the martinsburg and weir game, the # of big mistakes teams could make against bluefield and earn the victory against them, ...0.

Often a sign of veteren teams who are very battle tested. You often have to bring a flawless game to defeat them.

As for bluefield, they simply made to many big plays throughout '03 and '04 for anyone to consider it just good fortune, this group of players could simply play. There wasn't anything they couldn't or didn't do. They made seemingly impossible hands catches time and time again in '03 and '04, perdues 1 handed reception in the back of the endzone in ot against weir in '03 as example, when their season was on the line and it came down to 1 play then on 4th down.

They blocked punts, stole the ball away from defenders, managed the clock in crucial situations without mistakes, ground out the clock against a much bigger martinsubrg team to finish them off, ect., ect. ect.,.

Not suggesting this group never made mistakes of course, they did obviously, but simply that they did things pro actively time and time again to respond and do what they had to do to earn their victories against formidable teams, and they did so early on, starting in '02 when they finished off a 1 - 3 start with a title game appearance, in which they played all playoff games away and upset an 11 - 0 james monroe team in the 2nd round.

As for weir's coach, would I have passed in that situation myself?, not laterally. But downfield if I thought that would be a successful play? Absolutely. It's a common situation in sports, if the play is succesful, noone questions it,, you'll appear confident, or you'll look like a genius. If it fails or has bad consequences, you're the fool.

Only my opinions.

I am glad you recognize my greatness, thanks. Great comeback it was, but if not for sheer stupidity you don't win anything. Run the ball, make the Beavers drive the length of the field twice in two and a half minutes. Not impossible, but with no momentum it would have been really hard. That call woke a sleeping giant, I will admit that. I was cheering for you guys in that game. But the truth is the truth, if it was Graham, Bluefield or whoever. If that pisses you off, I really don't care.

Dookie, shouldn't you be posting on one of the other message boards since it's going to be a while before Graham does anything in football again?

Don't be jealous because Bluefield got it done this year and Graham couldn't, even against Tazewell. Take pride in saying that you were handed your first beating at the hands of the eventual state champions. Cheers.

[ QUOTE ]

Pretty cheap posting a private conversation on a message board. Especially when the person identified himself. Not what I have come to expect from a bluefield fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't say that I log into AIM expecting to have some bitter, random Weir player spew insults off at me because him and his teammates couldn't get the job done. I thought I would show everyone what class some of the Weir players have, but hey we already know right? I mean these were the same kids that were at each others' throats after losing the game.

Oh well, anybody can talk crap on a computer

but taking it onto the field is a totally different thing

and thats what happend in those last 2 minutes, they started slacking off because they thought they had it

and about the name thing, if you didnt want people to find out who you were you shouldnt of been talking so much crap and giving people a reason to show your identity

I'd also like to note that I failed to make it known that the screenname the Weir player was using wasn't his, but a friend of his. The real owner of the screenname was upset that I published this and thought people might mistake him for the Weir player.

I am sure the screen name owner was upset. By publishing this you have sunk to the level of the person spewing insults. I have read your other posts. You have intelligent and interesting things to say about football. This was not one of those times. I am sure it will be a long time before those boys get over their disappointing loss. After all, you guys were still talking about your loss to Poca this year, even though it happened last year. You are winners this year. Congratulations. Just disappointed you posted the original message. frown.gif

Obviously it does or you would have never responded to try and insult me. You can turn this into a personal attack or try to turn it into a Graham vs Beaver thing. Or throw off on a bad season by Graham. Whatever, but I think everyone here sees that you are diverting the attention off the subject. Maybe is that because I am right, and you guys know it? Enjoy that state title, maybe next year we will give the mighty unbeatable beavers a decent game.

A personal attack? smirk.gif

What I said to you was nice compared to the things I've read you saying to others on Virginia Preps over the past season. If you believe what I said to you was a personal attack then so be it. I guess what goes around does then in-fact come around. Happy Holidays...

[ QUOTE ]

You guys might have won the state title, but you were not the best team. I watched the Weir game, they handed you your asses for 46 minutes. If that coach runs on 4th down the game is over, and you guys know it. So don't talk crap, just be glad you were fortunate enough to have survived. Call it a make up for last year or whatever. But you certainly were not better than Weir. Just luckier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i hope your not trying to say Weir is the best team, and there's no way they are better then us, yes they played a better game then we did but look Bluefield 14-0

Weir went what 11-3 or something like that

lost to a Single A team, well i dont think that would ever happen to bluefield

take it easy dookie

Not trying to start anything but i would really like to see a Gate City or Powell Valley take on Bluefield they are single A teams, but i would also like to see a good ole Richlands-Bluefield game, that would be a nice season opener for both squads.