Here's your "AA" All State team

SalemFan

[ QUOTE ]

Marcum was sent on a blitz up the middle to the right hand side of the offense on that last play in OT, AW looney was covering the side the run went to with Bronson Brown and Colby Owens...Aaron was sent the other way.

As for head to head, the only reason you "stopped" Grundy in any way is with a flag and a muddy field...Grundy moved the ball all night against you on that field, you on the other hand didn't get anywhere near the endzone until OT when it was given to you.

There is no way Lockett deserves to be on the AP All State team at LB...no way...the only reason he is on there is your buddy Terry Smith...he has pull on the other side of the state and thats what it boils down to...don't even kid yourself and think that Lockett is even in the same league with Marcum...even your hometown paper calls Marcum "the most dominate defensive player in the area"...Smith can't push Mitchell and he's the only other player on that team besides Lockett that he could push...so Lockett gets the nod...pure political crap.

Lockett is not even in the top 10 in the state...give me a friggin break...total joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for truth.

Your the one who always says the mud is no excuse...changin' your tune now. Hmmm.

Don't let personal relationships get in way of objective facts. Lockett outplayed him. Proof is in the pudding. I agree that your man is a Great football player, but he didn't deserve the all-state spot any more than Lockett. And we won, so Lockett got the nod.

The blitz explanation makes sense. but he had success between the tackles consistently for two games. Your team had no success between the tackles with Lockett there. Your success was to the outside.

Bottom line...to the victor goes the spoils. Lockett was one the best linebackers in the area this year. Also a very humble young man who did his thing with no hype from himself or anybody else. His play suggests that your comment about not being one of the ten best is just bitterness.

Your statement about Mitchell i don't understand. Why would coach smith have any more pull for lockett than mitchell?

Speakin' of pull...look at the all region team. There are some players from Tazewell to name one that should be on there that aren't, there names aren't put out there consistently like the Grundy players are. Self promotion works for ya at the region level, state's a little different.

"Strong as as Bear, Quick as a Cat

Nobody wants to **** with that!"

What part don't you understand? How can he push Mitchell when you have Marcum, Ringstaff, Ellison, and even Wengerd and Wilson from Tazewell putting up huge numbers late in the year?

Just look at where Hubbard and Hodge are and that's all you need to know about what's going on...pure political crap...and it's a joke.

I'm not making any excuses about the mud either, I said Grundy moved the ball on you all night...I put the game up for people to download and watch, you guys are exposed to everyone for what you really are...everyone that wants to has now seen what really happened in that game and exactly how you "won"...then the cherry was put on the top when you went to Tazewell the next week and got shut down for 28 yards in the second half...yeah real powerhouse team you have there...where was Lockett when JR Wilson was running up the middle all night in that game? Where was he in the Graham game when you guys were getting spanked?

There is no way that kid is all state at LB...thats a total farce...Tazewell had two kids better than him and a lot of people around here would back me up on that I'm sure.

I'm not saying it because I know Marcum, I'm saying it because when I see BS I call it BS...and that...is pure BS.

You are right. The Lb's from Tazewell were excellent. If anyone deserved an all-state selection over Lockett, it should have gone to Muncy or even Cleaver. The same logic i used to say Lockett got it, means the Tazewell guys deserved it more. Those guys played one hell of a game against us and since they beat us in the region championship, it would have been understandable if their Lb was named all state. It is sort of funny that the the team we beat the week before wants to talk trash using another team. Have you noticed that the vhs people have done nothing but give Tazewell credit as being a great football team and playing a great game that night and Tazewell has been very respectful in their victory...it's just the Grundites who take the shots. Since your team couldn't do it, you take them courtesy of Tazewell. You my friend are the funny one.

Disregarding your bitter bull****...by the way, you Lost. I've tried to come up with a possible reason for Lockett's selection. Here it is

The people who pick this all state team never see any of us play. They go on what they hear. The swd had 3 all state selections. I am just speculating, but let's just assume it did come down to a decision between Marcum, Muncy, and Lockett. There is probably some tradition of giving every district atleast one guy on the team. So maybe they thought that the guy who was one vote short of the being the Region 4 Defensive player of the year as voted on by the coaches was a good selection as a representative of the Highlands district.

Or maybe they just saw our game film smirk.gif

Fact is, it doesn't matter what you post. Your opinion doesn't matter. For that matter neither does mine. Your buddies can lick your wounds for you all want on here. We won. YOu lost. Lockett Won. Marcum Lost. Chalk it up for Virginia High. We all hate that the Grundy propaganda machine doesn't make it out of Region 4. I think all three lb's i've mentioned have a claim to that spot and i have explained why i think maybe the nod went to Lockett. Your sayin' your man is head and shoulders above Lockett is a complete joke.

Maybe Dman can help ya with that "wound licking"

[ QUOTE ]

The people who pick this all state team never see any of us play. They go on what they hear. The swd had 3 all state selections. I am just speculating, but let's just assume it did come down to a decision between Marcum, Muncy, and Lockett. There is probably some tradition of giving every district atleast one guy on the team. So maybe they thought that the guy who was one vote short of the being the Region 4 Defensive player of the year as voted on by the coaches was a good selection as a representative of the Highlands district.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...that makes it political BS and who from Region IV has pull from the other side of the state? You try to argue with me and end up proving my point and don't realize it.

All State spans the entire season, not just one game or two games...if Wilson played all year like he did the last three weeks he would have had a shot at All State RB even as tight as the race was...he didn't put up the kind of numbers consistantly all year that he did at the end....if he had...would be different...Cleaver and Muncey were both great and Tazewell had a great D all year...still, Marcum and Owens were the best of the best in this area this year...and with Marcum having a break out year last season, teams knew not to run at him this season...and they didn't...still his numbers were just as good as last year and with Owens stepping up this year, that impresses me more that he could put up those kind of numbers...Marcum has nothing to prove to you or anyone else, all state political team or not, he leaves it on the field and that's where it counts...not in one game, but every game...and don't forget while your chest thumping that Grundy handed you your ass the week before as well as Tazewell the week before that...everyone knows your "win" was not earned and the film proves it...so cry about respect all you want, you'll find none here...at least have a winning season then talk some crap...until then thump your chest and tell everyone to respect you and your players for your paper victory.

[ QUOTE ]

blah blah blah...Maybe Dman can help ya with that "wound licking"

[/ QUOTE ]

You simply amaze me with the garbage that you post. Were any of the other selections from a sub-.500 team? I'm not being a smartass, I'd really like to know. The only guy on your team that remotely impressed me was Mitchell, and of course, there couldn't be any strings pulled for him because of his competition (Marcum, Ringstaff, etc.)

And I don't know what you aim to prove by bringing up your botched win to help justify Lockett's selection. It's bad even when I have talked to several people from around the Tri-Cities, your own backyard, and even they heard and agreed that there had to be some shady circumstances surrounding that game.

So enjoy your Region IV "Semi-Champs" status, as one of your guys said in a post before, lol. You will get what's coming to you one day, and then the BEARCAT will have to "lick his wounds." And since you dropped us like a hot iron from the regular schedule next year, I do sincerely hope we have another meeting in the playoffs next year.

This is ridilicous. I really think you guys need to quit this back and forth about Lockett being on the 2nd team all state over Marcum. These are just high school kids and there is no reason for either side to be talking badly about an indivudal player. I have said it before, and I will say it again, both are great players and had great seasons and both deserved to be on the all state team. Marcum had better stats but its not always about the stats. I just dont think the guys from Grundy should put Lockett down just because their guy didnt make the all state team and Lockett did. Also, I really hate we dropped Grundy from our schedule. Grundy always puts a good team out on the field and its always good to play tough competition. Hopefully we will see you all in the playoffs again next year.

...just calling a spade a spade.

mad.gif

I agree with 90% of what you said however...i wish they would have kept Grundy on the schedule to...would have been a good rivalry rematch...oh well...maybe the playoff thing will happen somehow.

if you make the playoffs. look at the thread. lots of negative stuff about our guy, none about yours. he's a good player. so is ours. he deserved his selection. you don't have to be from grundy to work hard for what you get. Lockett did too.

Whatever...i guess it's the politically correct thing to say he deserved it and all that...I just don't see it...like I said...not even one of the top 10 in the state...if anything he's the "token" boy for the Highlands...congrats.

Lance, I noticed you called Henderson from Martinsville a "convict" in one post and he was mentioned in another post as a "jailbird". What do you know about him that we don't down here in PD land? I've got family and friends on the M'vlle police force and will see some tomorrow so I'll ask about his record and what ever outstanding warrants he has against him!LOL... Also I saw him play 4 times this year and for a kid with strong safety size playing inside LB, he was very good. I know the Heritage-Lynchburg coach said that he was the best LB they played against this year( quoted in the M'vlle paper). I've only seen Marcum on game film(courtesy of Grundy's own T. Grigger) and he is very good also. Is Henderson better, pound for pound maybe not, but the kid had an awesome year. But by coming on here and calling him things like convict or jailbird it takes away from the fact that this kid is trying to do the right things now. All of us have things in our past that we regret, all we can do is try and straighten up and fly right. Calling a 18 year old kid convict or jailbird just because he was voted to a spot on some all region or state team over a player who may have been more deserving is kinda juvenile if you ask me. Marcum, as will his brother, will no doubt go on to great success in high school and will also play at the next level one day, they are obviously that good. Just let the M'vlle kid enjoy his moment in the sun without the namecalling. This may be as good as it gets for him. Just my opinion! Lance, by the way hope you are over your soreness from the football game, if I'd played we would have had a funeral in Ridgeway 3 days later!!LMAO

I just heard he was in jail not long ago...i saw on va preps where people were saying a lot worse about AB than "convict" when he got in trouble...lol.

I have to kinda keep things going in the offseason somehow ya know? Otherwise there would be nothing to talk about on here...lol. wink.gif

If you find out the exact story on the guy, send me a PM and let me know...I've heard two versions of what happened with him, would like to know the truth.

Sent you a PM and hope that it helped. Also my boys spent yesterday with Crigg. Ya'll must have kicked him out of Grundy, he is way to crazy to be from up there. Hope now that he's married, Cody can straighten him up a little. She has already put a lock on the fridge, he's lost some weight...LOL!!!

yeah, well tommy would find a way to pick the lock!!!! j/k, but crigger is a NUT!! oh and by the way - all this talk about the marcums, imo brian coleman was better than aaron, and scammell was better than garon.....just 2 tough players who played with tommy - seeing his name made me think of those guys!!!!

IF they gave Garon the ball, he would already (statistically) be the best RB Grundy ever had...I just hope next year he gets used to his full potential because I know what this kid can do...with any luck next year he'll get a chance to prove it to everyone else.

As for the list...you can't put Garon at the top yet, because he still has not been given the chance to run the ball like he can...but if he can stay healthy next year and get the carries I think he will produce well.