Victor "Macho" Harris taking it to the next level...

GMan

Macho is a very good corner back with play making ability but im not quiet sure if he is ready for the next level. But all the luck to him and hopefully my Browns will pick up either him or Flowers.

The Hokies D will only return three starters next season...DE Orion Martin, OLB Cam Martin, and ROV Kam Chancellor.

The Hokies O, unfortunately, will return Bryan Stinespring...

You forgot to mention that tech's d is returning its best asset, Bud Foster. He has saved Stinespring's a$$ the past three years but hopefully Stinespring will pick up some slack this year

[ QUOTE ]

hopefully Stinespring will pick up some slack this year

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't count on it...and the D won't be able to save his a$$ next year either...

The defense should be okay. They wont be tops in the nation but they will get the job done. Offense should be okay with 4 lineman coming back. A full year in the weight room will do Tyrod wonders. Not to sure about the wide receivers though. I know Ore should be healthy if he can stay focused and we have a good freshman coming in named Ryan Williams i believe.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It could turn out to be a 5-6 loss season with Stinespring handcuffing the offense and an inexperienced defense.

I like Chancellor and Warren who played for Hall while he was hurt . . . but w/o a good D and an O that is decent at best i think they may struggle . . . they will also miss Royal in the return game i heard Harper may have another year of year another any truth to that ? ? ?

[ QUOTE ]

Macho is a very good corner back with play making ability but im not quiet sure if he is ready for the next level. But all the luck to him and hopefully my Browns will pick up either him or Flowers.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome i'm a browns fan too

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It could turn out to be a 5-6 loss season with Stinespring handcuffing the offense and an inexperienced defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what everyone in Charlottesville hopes happens. With one of those coming on November 22nd, 2008. But I digress.

In all likelihood, the whole 10-win season streak will be snapped. However, the core of the offense returns in Glennon, Taylor, and Ore: with four linemen returning, that is likely enough to offset a relatively inexperienced defense...for the most part. Wide receiver play will be key, since the top 4 wide receivers on the depth chart (correct me if I'm wrong) are leaving. Little tidbit on the subject here: http://www.realfootball365.com/college/articles/2008/01/reloading_virginia_tech_must_r.html

That is, if Stinespring doesn't sabotage it. I'd still trade Stinespring for Groh the Younger, in the end.

My prediction: 8-4.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what everyone in Charlottesville hopes happens. With one of those coming on November 22nd, 2008. But I digress.

In all likelihood, the whole 10-win season streak will be snapped. However, the core of the offense returns in Glennon, Taylor, and Ore: with four linemen returning, that is likely enough to offset a relatively inexperienced defense...for the most part. Wide receiver play will be key, since the top 4 wide receivers on the depth chart (correct me if I'm wrong) are leaving. Little tidbit on the subject here: http://www.realfootball365.com/college/articles/2008/01/reloading_virginia_tech_must_r.html

That is, if Stinespring doesn't sabotage it. I'd still trade Stinespring for Groh the Younger, in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have seen the last run from Ore at Tech...I hope I'm wrong...but I think he's gone.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have seen the last run from Ore at Tech...I hope I'm wrong...but I think he's gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Virginia Tech will be hurting if Ore decides to leave. What good is a solid offensive line in a smashmouth scheme with no powerful runner to take advantage of it? The second back on the depth chart is Kenny Lewis, with just 57 rushes for 205 yards last season. 105 yards of that was against William and Mary and Ohio, not exactly premium competition.

If Ore does decide to leave, Virginia Tech might barely break .500. Yes, I firmly believe that.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Virginia Tech will be hurting if Ore decides to leave. What good is a solid offensive line in a smashmouth scheme with no powerful runner to take advantage of it? The second back on the depth chart is Kenny Lewis, with just 57 rushes for 205 yards last season. 105 yards of that was against William and Mary and Ohio, not exactly premium competition.

If Ore does decide to leave, Virginia Tech might barely break .500. Yes, I firmly believe that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ore won't leave. With the season he had this past year, nobody will want him in the draft.

[ QUOTE ]

i heard Harper may have another year

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative, Ghostrider...he's used all of his eligibility...

[ QUOTE ]

is muncey from taz. gonna get PT next year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative, Ghostrider...he'll still be buried on the deep depth chart...

[ QUOTE ]

With one of those coming on November 22nd, 2008.

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative, Ghostrider...the Commonwealth Cup will remain in Blacksburg until the Chessmaster is relieved of his duties...

[ QUOTE ]

I'd still trade Stinespring for Groh the Younger

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative, Ghostrider...no Spawn of Chessmaster will ever be welcomed on the sidelines in Blacksburg...even if it meant Stainsprung was no longer there...

[ QUOTE ]

I think we have seen the last run from Ore at Tech

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative, Ghostrider...Ore would be a late round pick if not a FA signee (not drafted)...although, he has reached the end of his rope with the coaching staff...

[ QUOTE ]

Virginia Tech will be hurting if Ore decides to leave

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative, Ghostrider...VT's best running backs on the team REDSHIRTED this past season...Josh Oglesby and Darren Evans are heads and shoulders better RBs than what dressed for the Hokies this season...the reason they were redshirted was everyone, including the coaching staff, didn't think Ore would have such a bad season. Also, don't forget about Jahre Cheeseman...he has a lot of talent just needs to learn pass protection. Oh, and I almost forgot, they've some kid by the name of Williams coming in next year as well...

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/vid...amp;vidid=95673

Kinda reminds me of Bradshaw...but a little bit bigger...

well hopefully all those kids dont turn out like Ore to have one decent season and follow it up with absolutely nothing, yet still have all the hype and respectibility for the VT fans to blame it on the offensive line.

[ QUOTE ]

well hopefully all those kids dont turn out like Ore to have one decent season and follow it up with absolutely nothing, yet still have all the hype and respectibility for the VT fans to blame it on the offensive line.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what its worth...the O-line was not good until Wang came back from his injury. After that, they played better as a unit but Ore still wasn't running the way he did last season.

Here's the story on Harris from BlogBoy...interesting bit at the end regarding Glennon...

Virginia Tech star cornerback Victor “Macho” Harris declares for NFL draft

By Kyle Tucker

The Virginian-Pilot

© January 12, 2008

Virginia Tech's defense - already heavily depleted for 2008 - got more bad news Saturday when star cornerback Victor "Macho" Harris announced that he'll forgo his senior season and declare for this spring's NFL draft.

Harris was a first-team All-ACC selection this season after breaking up 11 passes and intercepting five more. He also returned a kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown.

"It's a huge blow," Hokies secondary coach Torrian Gray said.

Tech's defense - which has ranked top-five nationally the past four seasons - was already losing six senior starters and junior corner Brandon Flowers, who declared for the draft last week.

Gray said he and the rest of Tech's coaching staff met with Harris during the week of the Orange Bowl, advising him to come back for his final season to boost his pro potential.

Harris had sent his paperwork to the NFL advisory committee and was told he projected as a third-round pick.

"I was hoping he'd be back, but he told us he was 50-50, so this isn't a total shock," Gray said. " Macho's a great player, but he could've put himself in much better shape if he came back.... all I could do was wish him the best."

The Hokies will have to replace their starting free safety, both starting corners, two starting linebackers and 3 of 4 starting defensive linemen.

The top candidates at corner are redshirt freshman Rashad Carmichael, sophomore Stephan Virgil and rookie Chris Hill, a top recruit who redshirted this season.

In their college careers, they have 30 tackles and three passes defended among them.

The Hokies also announced that quarterback Sean Glennon, who flirted with the idea of leaving for the NFL, will be back for his senior season.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative, Ghostrider...the Commonwealth Cup will remain in Blacksburg until the Chessmaster is relieved of his duties...

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative, "Runaway Beer Truck". Groh's here until 2011, sadly, but 8 straight losses just won't happen. Virginia, regardless of coach, almost definitely will not win the majority of the contests until Beamer/Foster leaves and Virginia Tech slips right back into the dredges of college football from whence it came. But, next year is the best chance for a Virginia win since 2003, given that the Hokies lose almost the entire starting defense. And if they beat the Hokies in Lane, the amount of crow to digest will be far, far sweeter than the four straight losses I've had to endure.

In the end, I'm happy that Virginia's not a one-trick pony: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia-Virginia_Tech_rivalry

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative, "Runaway Beer Truck". Groh's here until 2011, sadly, but 8 straight losses just won't happen. Virginia, regardless of coach, almost definitely will not win the majority of the contests until Beamer/Foster leaves and Virginia Tech slips right back into the dredges of college football from whence it came. But, next year is the best chance for a Virginia win since 2003, given that the Hokies lose almost the entire starting defense. And if they beat the Hokies in Lane, the amount of crow to digest will be far, far sweeter than the four straight losses I've had to endure.

In the end, I'm happy that Virginia's not a one-trick pony: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia-Virginia_Tech_rivalry

[/ QUOTE ]

They may be a one-trick pony...but its the best "one-trick" of all the tricks...

I'm sure the hardcore Duke and Carolina fans would disagree...

But in the end, I'll make that trade. Gives me someone to cheer for between January and August. Heck, even as I type this, the Virginia-Virginia Tech women's basketball game went final. 70-57 in favor of Ryan's ladies. Life is pretty darn sweet.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the hardcore Duke and Carolina fans would disagree...

But in the end, I'll make that trade. Gives me someone to cheer for between January and August. Heck, even as I type this, the Virginia-Virginia Tech women's basketball game went final. 70-57 in favor of Ryan's ladies. Life is pretty darn sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you Hoo fans have to ride the laurels of the ladies since your "men" can't get the job done...