Richlands VS Graham!!

GrahamPG44

I think we could get more reps in all 4 quarters with the starters by switching in and out diff people instead of putting in the backups all at once. Example, leave in your starting line and recievers and put in a JV RB and/or QB. Then put your starting RB and/or QB and take out some WR's, just switch it around for more time on the field. You could leave you starting D in for atleast 3.5 quarters, nothing wrong with the other team having 7 or 0 at the end.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrs doesn't care about this program. They weren't even watching game film this am. Carlock wouldve had his team out practicing this am. Can't wait to see how WeeCee changes things up this week. I'm sure it will screw us up against Abingdon next week. Its disgusting to see this happen to what was once such a good football program. Marrs and WeeCee are horrible coaches.

I think we could get more reps in all 4 quarters with the starters by switching in and out diff people instead of putting in the backups all at once. Example, leave in your starting line and recievers and put in a JV RB and/or QB. Then put your starting RB and/or QB and take out some WR's, just switch it around for more time on the field. You could leave you starting D in for atleast 3.5 quarters, nothing wrong with the other team having 7 or 0 at the end.

I think that would more alleviate the concern of your starters not having played a full game come the 3rd-5th rounds...

It worries me a bit as well that the starters may get tired when they have to play a complete game. But Mance has always put in the backups as soon as the Game is well in hand. He had the reserve backfield in with starting line in game against G-Men in first half and they scored as well. The JV backfield is pretty good. His way of letting the JV players get tons of minutes has kept us running on all cyliders for several years now. Invaluble practice for the young guys in game situations. Maybe Mance should just have 1st teamers run windsprints on sideline during the 4th quarter. The starters will need to be ready to play an entire game as we all know it will get much harder when we move on in the playoffs. I am confident Mance will figure a way to have them ready. He appears to be a better than average coach.

I am confident Mance will figure a way to have them ready. He appears to be a better than average coach.

Backhanded compliment?

I think Coach Mance has more than proven his abilities as a coach, confirmed by the honor given him as "Coach of the Decade" for Region IV.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Backhanded compliment?

I think Coach Mance has more than proven his abilities as a coach, confirmed by the honor given him as "Coach of the Decade" for Region IV.

I don't think he meant that the way you took it.

I don't think he meant that the way you took it.

If you know this person and feel this wasn't his intent, then I should not have taken exception to the wording in his post. Thanks for your input, always appreciated.

Backhanded compliment?

I am not sure what a backhanded compliment is but I think he is the best coach Richlands has ever had except maybe for Ernie Hicks and even I did not see those teams personally. I guess what I meant by it was that there are a lot of opinions on here but coach Mance has earned the right to not be second guessed by a bunch of armchair quaterbacks. He plays his bench early on and some think it to be a problem. It might be later in playoffs but I know those reserves that played in years before have become the starters of today and the expierence they gained is part of our success today. I am one of those armchair quarterbacks at times. I suppose I was being factitious with the better than average comment, but you can see here what I think about his abilities as a coach. No doubt, the best around here.

From what I hear, a freshman for Graham broke his ankle

His name is Hunter Cook. Last I heard he did break his leg. Haven't heard exactly what bone or anything like that. Some of the team's staff said it looked nasty.

I am not sure what a backhanded compliment is but I think he is the best coach Richlands has ever had except maybe for Ernie Hicks and even I did not see those teams personally. I guess what I meant by it was that there are a lot of opinions on here but coach Mance has earned the right to not be second guessed by a bunch of armchair quaterbacks. He plays his bench early on and some think it to be a problem. It might be later in playoffs but I know those reserves that played in years before have become the starters of today and the expierence they gained is part of our success today. I am one of those armchair quarterbacks at times. I suppose I was being factitious with the better than average comment, but you can see here what I think about his abilities as a coach. No doubt, the best around here.

Thanks for your response. Sorry I "jumped the gun" in thinking your post had a negative tone to it.

I know the starters are mostly playing 2 qtrs and maybe part of 3, but I think back to the '06 team, when it was the same situation. The games were put away by halftime and the starters mainly watched from the sidelines. Well, we know they did pretty well when they got to regionals, semis and state by bringing home a state championship.

Some may question how they will hold up playing 4 qtrs, but with their offseason and conditioning program I really don't think it will play into the equation. I'm more concerned about the level of competition the Blues will be facing, with dual offenses, then the playing time of our team.

By the way, thankful for the lady who saw your need and showed you kindness.

Edited by tbgfan

His name is Hunter Cook. Last I heard he did break his leg. Haven't heard exactly what bone or anything like that. Some of the team's staff said it looked nasty.

Man I just hate to hear this type of thing ! Injuries are, have always been, and always will be a part of the game ( Boy do I know ! ) but you still hate to see this type of injury to any young man !

This type of injury can stay with you the rest of your life. I just hope that the young man has a full & fast recovery !