VHSL releases preseason rankings

futbolking

If you are talking newspaper specific coverage, then hands down it would be BHC. Sacco and team do a phenomenal job with coverage. They have already starting some coverage, including the Top 10 games to see on the schedules.

As far as Internet specific, it doesn't get any better than SWVASports!

Altavista and Giles lost a ton.  Giles will still be a quality team, Altavista has more question marks.  It's tough to replace guys like Juan Thornhill for smaller schools.  I was talking to an Alavista assistant coach's brother recently who said they only have about 21 kids expected to come out for varsity football in the fall.  If true, that's remarkable considering the recent success they have experienced.

Fort Chiswell has too many unanswered questions given the recent coaching carousel to be ranked that highly in my opinion.  

Radford's late season run last year should bode very well for them this season.  They appeared to be very young last year also.  An 11 raking seems significantly low.

Glenvar returns 19 starters after winning the 2A championship.  They should be ranked #1 in 2A until proven otherwise on the field.

Parry McClure lost the best player in school history.  Again, it's hard for smaller schools to replace that type of talent.

Good breakdown of each team sixcat.

Honestly I think without Thornhill Altavista doesnt make it out of the Semis in 14 and probably not in 15 either. They were good, he was exceptional.