2017-19 Realignment

Ryan4VT

I don't think it would from what i've heard from guys in the giles program....we are like the 3rd smallest 2A West teams right now and I don't think the Narz kids would push us to 3A but that's as of right now....by the time it happens(which it never will) we may be 3A by then....I could be wrong though

Giles is the 4th-smallest AA school by the latest RDMs at 523. Adding the 245 from Narrows would put Giles at 768, which would make Giles literally the largest AA school, and 7 students from the cut line. That's a precarious position to be in.

Giles is the 4th-smallest AA school by the latest RDMs at 523. Adding the 245 from Narrows would put Giles at 768, which would make Giles literally the largest AA school, and 7 students from the cut line. That's a precarious position to be in.

I had heard 3rd smallest but his numbers may have been off a little so 4th is probably right....I think we could compete in 3A with all the kids from both schools together after a couple years to adapt...not saying winning state titles but be competetive.....but i'd rather stay in 2A lol

It is my humble opinion. . . and I have said this quite a few times on here. . . but 2A has many more quality teams than 3A and I don't think there is much of a difference at the top.

I agree. Football would be fine; there's very, very little difference between the tops of 2A and 3A currently. My concern would be with other sports, where the difference is more pronounced, and where Giles is more pedestrian.

I agree. Football would be fine; there's very, very little difference between the tops of 2A and 3A currently. My concern would be with other sports, where the difference is more pronounced, and where Giles is more pedestrian.

Oh we would get killed in most other sports except maybe baseball if we were in 3A....but we are a football school and most would be ok with that if we were competetive in 3A in football....hope we just stay in 2A and not worry about it lol

agreed

I also believe Radford to be far more likely to move to 2A than Fort Chiswell. As of the last enrollment figures two years ago, Fort Chiswell was at 457 and I don't believe they have gained students. Radford was at 441 two years ago but they have gained a lot of students since that time.

Them dang exchange students are killing us.

I also believe Radford to be far more likely to move to 2A than Fort Chiswell. As of the last enrollment figures two years ago, Fort Chiswell was at 457 and I don't believe they have gained students. Radford was at 441 two years ago but they have gained a lot of students since that time.

Them dang exchange students are killing us.

Radford has already been attending 2A central region meetings. They know they are moving up. Gonna be close with some of the others like Fort and Grundy.

• 2 weeks later...

Carroll County won their appeal to join the Three Rivers District yesterday. If I'm not mistaken, that would ensure Auburn and East Mont would be moving on as well given Carroll is 4A and they are both 1A.

Is this correct?

Carroll County won their appeal to join the Three Rivers District yesterday. If I'm not mistaken, that would ensure Auburn and East Mont would be moving on as well given Carroll is 4A and they are both 1A.

Is this correct?

Under the system, they can still be in the same district, but they aren't required to play if they don't wish to.