A Sad day in Richlands

cityofRaven

Thanks to everyone, feels pretty good to see that people care. Arrangments have been made for anyone who it planning to attend, Friday 6-9 At Hurst-Scott for the wake, Sat. 1 o clock for the funeral. Thanks again to everyone!

Guest BB_TWEEDER
frown.gif im sry to hear about such a loss my prayers go out to his family and friends.

I'll express something that I've only mentioned to a few people. I knew Steven, I didn't play football with him, I graduated quite a few years ahead of him, but we would say Hello to each other in passing and chat from time to time. I hadn't seen him in about 5-6 years, I just recently moved back to Richlands. The friday before the accident occured, I saw him at Food City, I was checking out and he was walking out of the store. We waved and said,"Hello". But, on the way out he was just ahead of me and I wanted to yell at him and talk for a minute, but I had my small child with me and just thought I'd talk to him later. Well, later will never come. I feel really bad that I didn't take just that one moment to yell his name and ask him how was doing since the last time I saw him. Anyway, just thought I'd get that off my shoulders, I've felt weird about it ever since hearing of his accident.

I remember him. He was a hell of an athlete and competitor. I played against him when I was in school and he was a heck of a guy. We would always go at it but we always spoke when we saw each other out in public. My prayers go out to his family and friends.