>Im Player of the Week! Haha.<

JuiceDawg

Adams and Reed shoot to basketball honors

Posted: Thursday, Jan 20, 2005 - 09:43:09 pm EST

By BOB REDD

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

BLUEFIELD - PikeView Lady Panther Vanessa Adams and Tazewell Bulldog Omar Reed are the latest Bluefield Daily Telegraph/Pocahontas Coal Association Players of the Week for the period Jan. 10-15.

Adams was a scoring and rebounding force for the Lady Panthers. Against Mount View she scored 22 points, she had 14 points and 10 rebounds against Oak Hill and 17 points against Logan.

Reed, likewise was a strong offensive and defensive force for his Bulldogs. He scored 22 points and grabbed 20 rebounds against Graham, and scored 12 points and had three blocks against Twin Valley.

This week's honor roll for the ladies includes:

€ Samantha Thomas (PikeView) 16 points and 17 rebounds against Oak Hill.

€ Amanda Street (Princeton) 18 points vs. St. Albans.

€ Amber Carbaugh (Graham) 17 rebounds and 12 points vs. Marion.

€ Kathleen Bourne (Graham) 15 points and 9 steals vs. Marion.

€ Erica Lindsey (Narrows) 20 points against Graham.

€ Tiara Carper (Graham) 10 rebounds and 10 points vs. Marion.

€ Tonya Wright (Bland County) 21 points vs. Narrows and 30 points against Pocahontas.

€ Eva Grose (Montcalm) 20 points and 5 steals vs. Greenbrier West, 27 points vs. Mount Hope and 15 points 13 rebounds and 10 assists against Gauley Bridge.

€ Sheena Johnson (Montcalm) 16 points vs. Gauley Bridge.

€ Summer Faw (Montcalm) 16 points and 10 rebounds against Gauley Bridge. € Whitney Muncey (Tazewell) 19 points vs. Twin Valley, 15 points and 13 rebounds against Marion.

€ Stephanie Wallace (Bluefield) 18 points and 10 rebounds vs. Shady Spring.

€ Aiesha Dewitt (Bluefield) 12 rebounds and 6 points vs. Shady Spring.

€ Zachlynn Blackburn (Tazewell) 17 points vs. Twin Valley.

€ Megan Criss (Princeton) 17 points and 22 rebounds against Ripley.

€ Amanda Meade (Princeton) 15 points vs. Ripley and 12 vs. St. Albans.

€ Lyndsey Repass (Princeton) 13 rebounds and 8 points against Ripley and 17 points vs. St. Albans.

€ Hannah Lawrence (Mercer Christian) 24 points vs. Wyoming East.

-----The boys honor roll includes------:

€ Justin Wilson (Tazewell) 15 points vs. Twin Valley and 28 points and 10 rebounds against Graham.

€ Tremayne Matthews (Bluefield) 20 points vs. Shady Spring, 10 points against James Monroe.

€ Houston Peyton (Pipestem Christian) 26 points vs. New Life.

€ Brian Crook (Pipestem Christian) 20 points vs. New Life.

€ Adam Havens (Montcalm) 21 points vs. Craig County.

€ Shane Roark (PikeView) 20 points against Mercer Christian.

€ Jon Butler (Narrows) 22 points vs. Bland County.

€ Kyle Kinzer (Pipestem Christian) 28 points vs. Rainelle.

€ Logan Shortridge (Twin Valley) 20 points against Tazewell.

€ Eric Hoosier (Graham) 22 points vs. Marion, 10 points against Pulaski County.

€ Jamal Fenwick (Princeton) 13 rebounds and 19 points vs. Nitro.

€ Theo Justus (Grundy) 40 points against Richlands.

€ Dexter Moore (Bluefield) 20 points vs. James Monroe.

I bet he won;t pat himself on the back about that!LOL Free advice from someone who has been there and done that Juice......Let your play do the talking, not your mouth(or your fingers on the computer).

[ QUOTE ]

I bet he won;t pat himself on the back about that!LOL Free advice from someone who has been there and done that Juice......Let your play do the talking, not your mouth(or your fingers on the computer).

[/ QUOTE ]

dito on that one....no reason to too your own horn...just keep it up on the court

Yo! Come on Juice you know better than that. You set yourself up for failure by doing that. Now everybody will be looking for you to mess up. I think that you are spending way to much time on this message board. let your game speak for you and you don't have to say much. Talk a little on the floor but not to much and leave the message board alone for a while. I'm glad that you got the award but come on big fella you've got to know better.

I dont think players should be on here.. Most coaches tell theirs not to... It just adds fuel to the fire in some instances..

Players shouldnt even be talking about whose going to win POY, must less themselves.. No disrespect to these guys. Giving to them that they are young and doing well... They still need to humble themselves before their peers! Let their coaches go to bat for them come district coaches meeting.. Then, see what happens... There might be a kid thats not getting the points and the headlines that means more to a team than the other guy thats so worried about his numbers!

All you have to do is see them play and you'll know if they are for themselves or the team!! If they arent getting their numbers... they start choking to death.. lol.... People that know bball... knows the players.. its not necessarily the ones that get their names in the paper all the time...

Just a humble view point. Let your playing on the court talk. Dont make matchups personal. If you do.. then your opening up yourself to posts like this one or the previous ones..

Good luck in coming games.. keep focus.. It's almost over...

U all are crazy I know what u are saying. Look at the heading do u see the (!)exlamaton point and the haha... I think it is funny that I got the award and Im not talking trash to other players, if so I would say it to their face on the court. Im saying Thank You for the honor, with so many teams and many players in this area. Get off my back, the view u all have taking is totally diff from what I meant in the heading. Its not bragging rights its glory and amazement of what I was awarded. Im happy to get it. Everyone already knew who JuiceDawg was and this is a message board I dont care what u all think of this. Say whatever, u all have lost it already, so keep on. I thought Theo should have got it. Anyways like I said its happiness and amazement not BRAGGING RIGHTS over anyone! smirk.gif

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the post...but that's just me.

I don't think htere is anything wrong with the players being here either as long as they act like everyone else...you get some good insight from them a lot of the time. I've learned a lot about the district (basketball) this year from Theo, Juice, and Tigh...I'm glad they post here.

Exactly, but I didnt mean anything by the post besides Thanks for the Award. If there wasnt players that posted on this board there wouldnt be a board cause we are the main users. Just let this post go I didnt mean to cause any problems.-Sorry-.

Smell ya lata... tongue.gif

Yo! Dog, the award is great,But the class room is more important,so work harder and do the right things in life,And good things will come your way,i believe you have what it takes to get to the top. (Always be First Class) cool.gif

yeah...classroom is the most important...with every team large and small we have talked to about Marcum going to play football there, the first thing they ask is "how are his grades"...so you guys that want to move on to somewhere after high school...keep that in mind.

Congrats Juice! After seeing Theo play I thought maybe he would have got it but oh well..lol...Nah, I'm joking man, congrats..

As far as players using this board..I am a player, and I post on here quite often, but I only do it during the off season..no need to talk trash during season..unless V-High starts ranting...lol grin.gif

I was Player of the Week once.

And I won a Nobel Prize for Economics.

And I won the Oscar for Best Actor.

And I won the Heisman Trophy.

My name is Tommy Tuberville. Feel free to come on over and view my trophies (as well as my brand new ring) any time.

[On a serious note... Congrats, Dawg.]

Thanks Lance for the backup remarks,to many kids are letting their chance to play sports at the next level,by not having the grades,so to all the students that play sports,work hard and good things will happen for you.I think some of the best athletes in va.-w.va.-tenn are in this area. smile.gif