Richlands vs. Tazewell

Fighton3

Richlands has alot of key players returning. Jennings seems to be a little bit overrated though. I played against Bam Bam many times and he's for sure got some speed. I think what's gonna decide this game for next year is (without a doubt in my mind) toughness. Not saying that Richlands isn't tough, but I think Tazewell should be able to shut that speed down. Quick.

Tazewell lost some big, big playmakers this year, but we only had 8 seniors. Justin Wilson has the power to be a fullback and the speed to be a halfback as does Lewis. This game is at Tazewell too (if i'm not mistaken) so that should lean it towards the dawgs also. Tazewell is a run-oriented team that has a lot of power and speed this year, along with the ablity to smash it down peoples throats.(Courtesy of the returning Offensive line)

All in all, I think it's gonna be Tazewell. tongue.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would play the game tomorrow if everyone else would show up..lol. Its scheduled for week 6 and i think that gives both teams to be at the top of there game, IMO i think tazewell lost too much talent and strength. You all have talked about the back coming back from Tazewell and i havent heard of any of them and ive been following tazewell the past 5 years close. But i do know Richlands will bring it.Cya soon wink.gif

It a little early to be discussing the game but i definatly don't think you can say Jennings is overrated. Just ask Grundy what he can do on returns. Also when Cain got hurt againist Salem, he did a very nice job of filling in during the first quarter.

Also i definatly know that Tazewell is not any tougher than Richlands. They love to knock people down just as much as Tazewell does.

As far as the homefield, it doesnt matter where the game is played Richlands will bring the entire town and it will be like a home game.

This game will be just like any other Richlands-Tazewell games. It will be a coin flip.

Ain't every Richlands Tazewell Game like a home game for Richlands? I vote we bring in more bleachers when we have the game at home and make it like bowl like stadium at Ernie Hicks. I didn't notice until a couple of weeks ago that they had put Ernie Hicks Stadium on the back of the press box.You can tell how much I get out lol

It's gonna be one hell of a game, that's for sure. Richlands is never just a "puff of wind" as some people like to say. The Richlands Tazewell game is by far my favorite game of the year. I've got chill bumps already!

I was noticeing 2 that the state Champs sign has been missing for about 5 years from down on the lower end of Richlands where Mcdonald's is we need to get 2 new ones put up one on that end and one there at Gateway Shopping Center.

They should play that game at Grundy...would be nice to see a full house over there for a change...lol. j/k

I think the entire district is level next year...I think 3 of the teams will make the playoffs, and it could be anyone?

This game could give Richlands or Tazewell the "edge" on the district or it could be the breaking point for the loser...as it stands, I think next year we are in for one of the closest and best seasons in a long long time....will be fun to watch!

I think Richlands has the edge...Tazewell is getting or has gotten a little cocky over the last few games...Richalnds always seems to have a never ending flow of talent...they never have to rebuild, they just reload...Jennings is great, he stepped right in at the Salem game and I felt probably should have been used a little more than he was on offense...have to see how he responds to getting pounded by Tazewell though...they lost a lot of heavy hitters, but Coach Wyatt always puts a good defense on the field and that wins ball games...so...I'd say this is one of those "who gets the ball last wins" sort of matchups.

have to wait and see how it plays out...I think it is the key matchup for both teams.

I think Jennings will be a 1000 yard rusher next year if he's used right. He's not going to get as many tough inside yards as Ringstaff (although I think he will be a good inside runner) but he could dominate if he's in an offense that gives him a lot of open space to run. If Richlands ever learns about the swing pass he could be even more dangerous.

The problem is a lot of teams don't adjust the offense to take advantage of a players talent, I don't know why but they dont...and with a kid like Jennings with speed who can cut, you get him outside...throw the ball or pitch & pull or whatever...you get him out in the open where he can make stuff happen...he's not a downhill runner like Ringstaff...Richlands had a great double threat in those two and never did use it to the potential...would have been hard to guard against Ringstaff between the tackles, Jennings outside the tackles, then deal with Wells potential to throw the ball...and with Richlands having a big TE that can catch (and throw btw) over the middle and a QB that can get the ball to him that's the kind of offensive attack you dream of...Richlands spread never did address this to it's maximum potential I don't think...most of the time they didn't have to but there was a lot of horsepower that didn't get unleashed.

Thats about the only thing I don't like about Mance's use of his playershe dont put them where they could make a impact take for instance in 2000 when he had Micheal Mabe in at Fullback,Mabe was a good 6'3 He didn't need to be back blocking for Travis Brown he needed to be out at wide out. But then again thats the year he tried to put the Wishbone in because we had mabe,brown and Hamoy.Then the next year he had Hamoy at Running back,Hamoy cut to manytimes,he shoulda put EW Griffth in at running back. But then again thats just my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

Thats about the only thing I don't like about Mance's use of his playershe dont put them where they could make a impact take for instance in 2000 when he had Micheal Mabe in at Fullback,Mabe was a good 6'3 He didn't need to be back blocking for Travis Brown he needed to be out at wide out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly cause when Mabe went to ETSU where did he end up?...DB is where they put him, he had speed and hieght thats where ur suppose to be with that stuff.

[ QUOTE ]

The problem is a lot of teams don't adjust the offense to take advantage of a players talent, I don't know why but they dont...and with a kid like Jennings with speed who can cut, you get him outside...throw the ball or pitch & pull or whatever...you get him out in the open where he can make stuff happen...he's not a downhill runner like Ringstaff...Richlands had a great double threat in those two and never did use it to the potential...would have been hard to guard against Ringstaff between the tackles, Jennings outside the tackles, then deal with Wells potential to throw the ball...and with Richlands having a big TE that can catch (and throw btw) over the middle and a QB that can get the ball to him that's the kind of offensive attack you dream of...Richlands spread never did address this to it's maximum potential I don't think...most of the time they didn't have to but there was a lot of horsepower that didn't get unleashed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of that Lance. I think Jennings can get enough yards inside to keep the defense honest but he needs to get outside, and he needs some swing passes and screen passes. Next year with a strong armed QB, tall receivers, and a TB who can make people miss in the open field... Richlands needs to spread em' out full time.

My favorite Richlands play was a middle screen to the TE that was money every time. They didn't run that play nearly enough IMO.

I don't think either team will have an edge. Tazewell is losing its two most powerful linemen, Muncey and Cleaver, and J.R. Wilson, plus Mitchuem? That group has been starting as long as I have been in high school. It is kind of going to be like us losing A. Marcum, Looney, Lee, Penley, those guys started for 3 years. If Richlands can get that option game going, or a good inside running attack, they will be deadly. I can't see Tazewell making an inside presence like they did this year, the kids that they rotated in and out weren't nearly as good.

But hey, who knows, it is just January..lol...and by the way, didn't Tazewell go 2-8 or something 2 years straight with their only wins coming against Richlands? ooo.gif

Yeah, that's kind of what I was hinting at, kind of a WVU vs. Tech/ UK vs. UT thing, you can throw the records out the window these teams are gonna play ball when they line up. The question is, BigD, will you guys have a QB that can step up and play like Thad did? What about replacing Big MO, Jessee, guys like that?