Richlands vs. Tazewell

Fighton3

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grundy has a great weight room, mark and myself know that for a fact. But most of grundys younger players dont have the mental discipline to even lift 2 days. you need to lift to be a better, stronger player, but these young bucks think that they can get away with only lifting a few days a week. And thats the kind of attitude that makes you cocky and overconfident. Aint that right mark. But they need to take advantage of a great weightroom. mad.gif

You are right Cotton, I would like to see 20 kids out everyday, but there are hardly ever 10. They have the best weightroom in SWVA, and they don't use it. It's a shame..The coaches once again do everything in their power, the kids say, "Oh, I will lift all winter", but they don't show up maybe a total of two weeks.

Fighton3 I would love to see that many kids out on a team at Grundy!

[ QUOTE ]

If we had a place like that in Richlands, im about sure of it the number would be higher than now...i wish we could have sumthing soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they still planning to build that field house? I think they should build new stands and put the locker room and weight room underneath. That thing's in pretty bad shape. I swear it shifted underneath my feet at one game last year.

Hard to tell Big D, its supposedly in the makings as we speak but as to tell which class in the future will see it is still yet to be known, im thinkin along the lines of the 8th graders right now might see it.

Why don't they just renovate the existing set of bleachers, and make a fieldhouse underneath them? I kind of like the old school feel of Ernie Hicks. I think they ought to just put new wood or go with metal seats, build a new pressbox, and take all that space they have under the bleachers towards Claypool Hill and build a locker room there. Just my .02 though.

there used to be an old weight room under the bleachers near the entrance where the tennis courts are at. I don't know if it's still there or not. That room was way too small, come to think about it they also had a weight room on the ground level as well. I agree, they need to build something fast.

A few years ago there was something in the paper about the home stands being in serious need of repair. That's when they put those steel braces in. At one of the games this past season the concrete shifted underneath my feet. It was after the game was over and I was just standing there waiting for the crowd to thin out when it shifted. A new fieldhouse would be great but I think fixing/replacing the stands should be a higher priority.

I would say that old brick structure is pretty weak with all the load it has had on it in the past. Brick isn't really meant to have that kind of stress put on it, and add in the weather, it cant be all that strong. Why don't they just make a concrete structure, or a metal structure like we have at Grundy? I think our field is pretty nice. Without a doubt one of the finest facilities around the first few weeks of the season, before it starts raining.

i think that the richlands fans/players on here think that they are the only kids around that are lifting weights everyday. Tazewell's had 50+ kids 3 days a week for the past two weeks, with most of them being underclassman, Wyatt will be in heaven about 2 years from now.

[ QUOTE ]

i think that the richlands fans/players on here think that they are the only kids around that are lifting weights everyday. Tazewell's had 50+ kids 3 days a week for the past two weeks, with most of them being underclassman, Wyatt will be in heaven about 2 years from now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know how u got that, im pretty sure Tazewell and Grundy's wieght lifting program has been a discussion on this thread a few times. And plus i know every high school around here has kids wieght liftin for football.

Whoa kid, no one thinks Richlands is the only ones lifting, This thread started talking about Tazewell vs Richlands and it slipped toward weight lifting and stadiums. Im glad your boys are lifting, as well as the rest of the SWD. it was really competative last year and I expect some hard hitting this year. oh yeah, dont forget,

The Storm is Coming!!!!!!!!!!!

We were more talking about the lack of kids at Grundy working out compared to some of the other schools and the ironic thing being Grundy has great equipment and such.

No one was saying anything about Tazewell...people can only talk about what they are exposed to, how would any of the Richlands fans/players be able to get on here and say "yeah boy they are working hard out in Tazewell"...they have no idea whats going on in Tazewell...they were just saying that they had a good crowd in the weight room and so on.

I was really pulling for Tazewell in the playoffs, but the longer it went on, the harder it got to be to do so...you could see the Tazewell crew go from underdogs to over confident within the span of about 2 weeks. You guys have a great coach and a new lease on life in football...but don't get all stuck on yourself just yet.

Lance is right. Everyone from Grundy was supporting Tazewell, but you all got cocky, which can be a good thing, but it has carried over into the offseason. Good Luck next year to you guys, but you had better bring your A++ game every friday night against all the SWD teams. It is gonna be a fight for survival this coming season.

I do wish we'd have a better turnout in the weight room in the off-season. It's like Lance said, there is no reason why those kids can't put 20-30 pounds of muscle on over the off season. Great players are made 50% on the field, and 50% in the weight room, they go hand in hand.

All the contenders in the SWD have lost some key players, so I think it will be quite an even-keeled playing field. It should make for some very interesting matchups.

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

How can a kid be a tough inside runner when he's 100lbs. he will get demolished when somebody gets ahold of him

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be amazed,sometimes a 100lb kid thats 5 feet tall can slide right through the line and the hole. Remember a couple of years ago. Jennings Freshman year he made Lebanon look bad I mean real bad. Its just that easy.