Signing Day is Close.

BigBlue02

Ok Signing day is close for most High school football players any thought or news to where anyone is going?

On A lighter note one of the professors told me lastmonth that that SVCC is trying to start a football program.But of course that place has been saying that for the last 10 yrs and still no team.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Actually, it was the weekend of the Keyser playoff game not the Weir game. Harvard invited him up for the annual Harvard/Yale battle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard the same thing.

is coeburn going to sign with marshall? i heard that he had an offer from marshall. i think he could go on to be a good QB in college to be honest. he's got great size, and arm, call me crazy but he could start at marshall if not this year but next year.

Josh mann from shady will sign somewhere but im not sure where tho.

From everything I've heard to this point Coeburn will sign with Marshall. I don't believe there is a doubt Coeburn would be red-shirted his first year at Marshall, it would certainly be in his best interest. Once he learns the system and develops he could be a productive player for Marshall. He has the physical gifts that you've mentioned.

Dealing with the svcc football team issue that someone mentioned earlier, I talked to one of my professors and the dean( i think), and they said the only thing standing in the way was a little funding and some coaches. I have had several former local players say that they were interested in playing again. Maybe it could happen if we get some kind of help. you never know confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Marshall does want Rusty to play for them but they might put him at LB instead of QB

I guess we just gotta wait and find out

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been told by very reliable sources that Marshall told Rusty that they would recruit him as a QB rather than a defensive player.

I've also heard from a reliable source that the Steptoes and T.J. Morris will end up at the University of Charleston.

[ QUOTE ]

Dealing with the svcc football team issue that someone mentioned earlier, I talked to one of my professors and the dean( i think), and they said the only thing standing in the way was a little funding and some coaches. I have had several former local players say that they were interested in playing again. Maybe it could happen if we get some kind of help. you never know confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck that might make me get in back in shape and play.Even if i did just play JV,just tell me who to hit and I'll hit them lol.

[ QUOTE ]

WVU has got verbals from both the #1 punter and kicker in the country so I would be surprised if Stone signed with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not real sure about that...here is Rivals.com's Top 25 kickers and the schools they've committed to:

Name RR Rating Ht/Wt Hometown Schools

1 Jordan Congdon San Diego (CA) St. Augustine Nebraska

2 Zoltan Mesko Twinsburg (OH) Twinsburg Michigan

3 Graham Gano Cantonment (FL) Tate Florida State

4 Troy Van Blarcom Orange (CA) Lutheran Southern Cal

5 Ryan Succop Hickory (NC) Hickory South Carolina

6 Merf Trout Turnersville (NJ) Gloucester Catholic Undecided

7 Joe Marcoux Ramsey (NJ) Don Bosco Prep Villanova

8 Tony Vidaure Tempe (AZ) Corona Del Sol Undecided

9 Jonathan Phillips West Palm Beach (FL) Wellington Florida

10 Zach Kutch Milton (FL) Auburn

11 Louie Sakoda San Jose (CA) Branham Undecided

12 Matt Casaday Plano (TX) Plano West Missouri

13 Jimmy Rotstein Los Angeles (CA) Brentwood School Undecided

14 Durrell Chamorro Chino (CA) Chino Colorado State

15 Kevin Kelly Langhorne (PA) Neshaminy Penn State

16 Jared Strubeck Oxnard (CA) Rio Mesa Undecided

17 Thomas Weber Los Angeled (CA) Loyola Undecided

18 Justin Brantly Sealy (TX) Texas A&M

19 Justin Sparks Memphis (TN) Briarcrest Christian Ole Miss

20 Jacob Scott Rocklin (CA) Jesuit Undecided

21 Rick Albeski Addison (IL) Driscoll Catholic Undecided

22 Dustin Daughtery Albuquerque (NM) Sandia Undecided

23 Michael Perren Texas City (TX) Texas City Undecided

24 Joe Kleinsmith Lakewood (OH) St. Edwards Indiana

25 Max Woodbury Trafalgar (IN) Indian Creek Undecided

These are the two kicker/punter committments that WVU has. Neither are rated by Rivals.com and both are two-star recruits according to them:

Scott Kozlowski K NR West Palm, FL

Patrick McAfee K NR Pittsburgh, PA

These two kids may be good but neither is the #1 kicker in the country according to any of the recruiting services.