beaver football

beaverfootball75

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

There is no way we can beat Parkersburg South, i herd there awesome this year...

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people said the same thing about Martinsburg this past season when the game was first put into the schedule. It'll be a challenge, but nothing is impossible especially for Bluefield. A lot will depend on how the team has developed going into that game.

On any given night folks, on any given night. Bluefield's speed is something a lot of teams in this state don't see much of, if at all. As such, as long as the talent is there Bluefield will always have a chance to beat anyone, even with a lack of experience. Plus, Bluefield's team next season could have a couple of new faces from other places, so the lack of experience might not be that big of an issue after all.

I think Bluefield will be a factor in the playoffs. I'd say they will at least make it to the semis. They always find a way to reload. The top two teams going into the season have to be Weir and Wayne, though. However, if Wayne and Bluefield get matched up in the same bracket, I think Bluefield is looking for a return trip to the Island. I would have to say I'd like to see Bluefield travel to Weirton, but if we meet up at the Island that is fine. I think the team to beat in 05. If they play up to their potential, it's their championship to lose, IMO.

i think that bluefield will have a great team because of the new faces that u will c they r getting a great wide out with amazing speed and even though there QB is young i see him doing great things because of athletic ability and good work ethic....what do you think about the beavers and there QB,speed, and this will be the best line that bluefield will have for years to come

even though the beavers r young and have a little experience they will still be a really good team and they will have a chance to win it all again and i think this because they have over come many odds in the past like the james monroe game in 2002 and they have alot of heart and dediction to the beaver tradition plus the beavers new coach Fred Simon Jr

[/ QUOTE ] Many people said the same thing about Martinsburg this past season when the game was first put into the schedule. It'll be a challenge, but nothing is impossible especially for Bluefield. A lot will depend on how the team has developed going into that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely nothings impossible, like that Miracle at mitchell game. Wish i could have saw it.

Once again as i've told many people...We had a great team when we played martinsburg, now we have a sophmore quarterback, new running backs, A new WR to take mike d's place....This years team has alot of shoes to fill, unlike last team where there was expirance in every posistion...

Thats just my opinion

They're still Bluefield. I fully expect the Beavers to have an up and down year (happens with young teams) and to be a strong team come playoff time unless injuries or something of that nature take effect. I look for the Beavers to sneak in as a low seed. The difference with them, however, is they won't sneak up on ANYONE in the postseason. In 2002, they hadn't been strong in 3 years, and those kids in high school at the time didn't know what they were all about...and they showed everyone how tough a young Beaver squad can be.

That said, it will be hard to replace the crew that left. For any of you familiar with Marshall football, last year's Bluefield team was to me like Marshall's 1999 team. They had a group of seniors that had been through everything...and that special kind of group doesn't come along every year.

I'd like to see Bluefield travel up to Wayne for the playoffs though. Would be a great atmosphere for high school football.

[ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see Bluefield travel up to Wayne for the playoffs though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's time Wayne travels down to Bluefield for a game PA. We've played you guys at your home and on a netural field, so it's our turn to host you guys... wink.gif