beaver football

beaverfootball75

[ QUOTE ]

This just in....

Bluefield 21

Weir 20

I don't care if your entire team went to WVU. It doesn't matter. Bluefield was a better team and they have beaten Weir everytime they have played. You guys can have the scholarships and the Beavers will take the championships. By the way, the "we believe" signature was added to my posts after the Weir game. Maybe you can add "We Choke" after yours for your signature on this board, as you guys have proven the last two years.

Sincerely,

a fan of the 2004 AA STATE CHAMPIONS

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I would have said.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I'm tired of trying to be respectful of Bluefield's program when all your fans do is show how arrogant they really are. Weir had a better team than Bluefield the past two years. We had the game won both times, but couldn't execute to finish out the game, noone can change that now. You can be happy w/ your 8 state championships b/c Weir will earn their 7th next year. They tell me to respect Wayne, which I do, but I'd like to know why the people from Bluefield sitting w/ me at the game kept saying they were overrated and one person went as far to even tell me that Weir deserved the runner up trophy, even though we all know they should have been champs. Most of the people I was sitting w/ at that game post frequently on here, so don't act like you have all this respect for Wayne. Every Bluefield fan that was there said the real title game was played in the semis. I just can't wait until this coming football season Weir can put an end to this cockiness shown by the fans from Bluefield!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

We have been respectful to Weir. All I am tryin to say is that Bluefield had the better team this season and last. So you say you all had a "off game"agaisnt Wheeling Central, well I think that you all are a better team then Wheeling Central. So Bluefield had a "off game" intill the final 2:28 left in the game agaisnt Weir. Bluefield had the better team!

End of discussion

And lets just say you wanna look at who all signed at colleges. Well put TJ Morris, and both the Steptoes at Charleston. Put Rusty at West Virginia Weselyn, Tracy Coppolo at Emory and Henry and don't forget about Lucas Stone. As i've heard he will be a walk on at Pittsburg.

Yes, I played for Weir in 03 when we played Bluefield. I was thinking about graduating in 04, my fault. You all are entitled to your opinion that Bluefield is better than Weir just like I'm entitled to my opinion that Weir is better than Bluefield, so I don't see why I can't support and take pride in my former team w/ out you guys trying to flip out. As I remember, it was a Bluefield fan who came on BlueGoldNews' boards and said for Weir fans to start posting on their right before we played you guys. Also, whoever said the whole team was built around Cooper is wrong b/c they said that about Turner when he toasted your secondary for 3 TD's and 200+ yds receiving in 03 and they were right back in it in 04. Weir always has a balanced attack, and like Bluefield, they reload not rebuild.

You know whats funny about these boards, people actually try and tell other people what they think they know instead of knowing the truth. I mean someone thinks I didnt get an invivted walk-on to WVU, and then someone thinks i did get a walk on to Marshall, but why is it important to anyone else but myself. I made the decision to go to Wesleyan because they were very intreseted in me, gave me a very reasonable scholarship to play football, instead of walking on to a d-1 school not gurannte anything and having my parents pay their hard-earned money to get me a decent education, but the main reason im going to wesleyan is because of academics, they have want i want to major in unlike most schools in the state. So for everyone that think they know everything, how about doing me a favor, if you hear something about me and you dont know if its true or not, be a man and ask me. i got icq send me a message, id answer all your questions, and id never act like a jerk to anyone that shows me respect. Oh Weir football, some times you play the game of football not for the fans in the stands that dont care about me if i didnt play, i play football because of the for love of the game, so just 1 fan or half a million fans, i play with everything i have from the first kickoff to the final gun. I wish cooper and whoever else on weirs team the best of luck in college, get your education and play some football, because not everyone is lucky enough to get a chance to do that.

there ya go, the man explains his reasoning and lays it all out on the line for the world to see.. and still has the class to not bad mouth those that have done so to him..great post..and those are the FACTS

I'm glad Coeburn got on here. I respect his decision to go to Wesleyan and never bad mouthed him. Someone from Bluefield told me that he was thinking about walking on at Marshall but that he didn't get an invited walk on and I also didn't think he received one from WVU b/c my friend on WVU's team woudl have said something about it. If I was wrong, I stand corrected and apologize. Coeburn is a good player and I know this first hand from playing them in 03 and watching him this past season. I was also thinking about going to Wesleyan on academic scholarship b/c it's a great school rich in academic tradition. I wish him the best of luck along w/ the rest of the Bluefield players who are continuing their football career in college. I simply stated that I thought Weir was a better team and Cooper dominated the game, which is my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

The best part about it, is that every time the Weir guy/girl gets on this board, he has to look at Rusty showing off that beautiful state champion trophy. That is something he never got to do and never will get to do.

[ QUOTE ]

The best part about it, is that every time the Weir guy/girl gets on this board, he has to look at Rusty showing off that beautiful state champion trophy. That is something he never got to do and never will get to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not cockiness? Okay, w/e you guys say!!!

Yes, that was the exact picture I was talking about. Hopefully the Weir guy/girl (He has to be a girl the way he keeps bringing up the past and crying and whining about it) can enjoy that picture as much as we have.

Beavers, keep running your mouth through the computer screen, b/c that's the only way you'll act like a hard#$%. I was dissapointed that I didn't win a state title, but it's over now and I've moved onto college. However I did play in two playoff games, which is something some players never get to experience.

Yes the rings are very nice. And Rusty, I think you have earned the right to show off that ring. So show it off as much as possible b/c if any class ever deserved a ring it was you and your class. BTW, have any of you seen Weir's championship rings? They are so cheap you can see right through them.

rusty, you dont need to show your ring on HERE, you showed championship material throughout the season, throughout the playoffs and throughout your career..all us beaver fans appreciate it and wear that ring with pride b/c as you can see, alot of people wanted one and are jealous of yours, but you and the rest of the Beavs earned and deserve it

" However I did play in two playoff games "

Wow, 2 playoff games, Is that what you call a great program? This years seniors for Bluefield played in 4 playoff games in just their sophomore year and 12 all together. It is amazing to me that you only played in 2 playoff games at a school such as Weir. Did you guys hang up your team picture for getting to the quarterfinals? BTW, if you would have went to Bluefield you would have played in alot more playoff games.

[ QUOTE ]

rusty, you dont need to show your ring on HERE, you showed championship material throughout the season, throughout the playoffs and throughout your career..all us beaver fans appreciate it and wear that ring with pride b/c as you can see, alot of people wanted one and are jealous of yours, but you and the rest of the Beavs earned and deserve it

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not jealous of the ring. I would have liked to win a state title while in high school, but it didn't happen so I'm over it. I still support my school though. And whoever made the joke bout Weir not getting rings, I've seen one of my good friends' state baseball championship ring and it's pretty #$%* nice. wink.gif

Hey Coeburn,

From a Wayne fan who did the PA of your game as a sophomore at Wayne and saw you in the championship game in Wheeling, congratulations on all you have accomplished. You carried yourself with class on the field. I had more respect for you and Perdue than any of the other opponents Wayne played all year. You two played football the right way...hard-nosed, tough, and clean. I wish Wayne would have been able to compete with you all better in the state championship game...woulda been nice to at least make you sweat. Anyway, congratulations on a successful prep career and good luck at the next level.