beaver football

beaverfootball75

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beaverbaseball,

Don't let Wayne's lack of a performance in Wheeling fool you...they're actually a pretty darn good football team (too bad they didn't show it after the first play of the title game).

Wayne really didn't start as many seniors as the guide listed (Coach Harmon had exactly 1 two-way starter listed, when in reality, there were about 3). In fact, I can straight up tell you there were only 7 seniors who started on offense...but with the rotation of players Wayne used this year (8-9 different RB's per game), the starters played about equal time with the kids behind them. Defensively, Wayne started 7 seniors as well, but again, rotated in a bevy of players, including a talented freshman LB who saw quite a bit of playing time (and recorded a sack in the championship game). Wayne played so many players last year...probably put 45 or so different kids on the field each Friday night, so they had a lot of experience. Marcum and Newell are excellant players (the pounding Newell took in the championship game should only make him better...it's hard to react to pressure when no one else got any on him all year...don't expect him to be that rattled next fall). Don't expect much, if any dropoff from the Pioneers. I'm not going crazy and saying we're the most talented team ever and no one else is worthy of stepping on the field (cough cough Weir fan on here cough cough), but Wayne will be just as good as anyone in AA next year and I truly think next year will be the best chance Wayne's had at the title since 2001.

Wayne returns 3 guys who ran for over 500 yards last year, a 1,200 passing yards QB...so you know they can't be dropping off THAT much. The offensive and defensive lines at Wayne will be a total change from last year's small, mobile linemen to this coming year's big bohemoths. Should be another exciting year in Wayne.

And BluefieldRules,

I would LOVE to take in a game at Mitchell Stadium. Perhaps in two years. I don't see Bluefield being rated higher than Wayne at the end of the regular season...that's really the only reason I mentioned the game being at Wayne.

You know what is interesting about that? Wayne has not lost on an opponent's home field since the third week of the 1999 season. During that span, Wayne has lost 7 games at home, 1 at Princeton (vs. James Monroe), 1 at Beckley (vs. Westside), and 2 in Wheeling (vs. Bridgeport and Bluefield). That's a pretty impressive streak of away game success. There's a good chance that may come to an end this year though.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not going crazy and saying we're the most talented team ever and no one else is worthy of stepping on the field (cough cough Weir fan on here cough cough)

[/ QUOTE ]

(LMAO) Come on Pioneer, you and I both know that "Weir has too much talent for anyone in AA to touch them." Oh I love a comedian, don't you? grin.gif

Best of luck to Wayne next year, unless you would happen to face Beaver at some point in the postseason.

[ QUOTE ]

You know what is interesting about that? Wayne has not lost on an opponent's home field since the third week of the 1999 season. During that span, Wayne has lost 7 games at home, 1 at Princeton (vs. James Monroe), 1 at Beckley (vs. Westside), and 2 in Wheeling (vs. Bridgeport and Bluefield). That's a pretty impressive streak of away game success. There's a good chance that may come to an end this year though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay that makes no since at all. you said they have not lost on a opponets home field since 1999 but then your gonna say you all got beat at Princeton and at beckley.

So they have lost 2 games since 1999 on opponets home field.

Come to Bluefield and we will make it 3 wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Wayne has lost 7 games at home, 1 at Princeton (vs. James Monroe), 1 at Beckley

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you know we kicked the crap out of both of them teams this past season...No wonder yall couldnt hang with us in the State Championship Game Losing to princeton and woodrow wilson...

Losing to James Monroe @ Princeton is not losing at JM's homefield. Nor is losing to Westside @ Beckley. Technically, these are neutral field losses. Hence his statement that they have not lost an away game since the third week of 1999.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Wayne has lost 7 games at home, 1 at Princeton (vs. James Monroe), 1 at Beckley

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you know we kicked the crap out of both of them teams this past season...No wonder yall couldnt hang with us in the State Championship Game Losing to princeton and woodrow wilson...

[/ QUOTE ]

They were undefeated last season intill they met us in the Championship. They must have lost to them in the past seasons. This is just my opionion but I don't think Wayne was that good. Yeah they went 13-0 intill they played us. But they didn't beat anyone good and when they played the best team in the State they got a whooping. 69-24

[ QUOTE ]

You know what is interesting about that? Wayne has not lost on an opponent's home field since the third week of the 1999 season

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats 6 years, yall must have really not played anybody good for 6 years...until last december ,obviously...

Look at the scheule Wayne had and the opponets record

Lawerence county(KY): 3-7

Chesapeake: 8-2

Herbert Hoover: 4-6

Winfield: 6-4

Sissonville: 3-7

Point Plesant: 5-5

Tolsia: 6-4

Poca: 2-8

Chapmanville: 2-8

Logan: 3-7

The opponets Wayne played has a overall record of 42-100

So looking at the records from the teams you had played I can see why you all went 10-0 in the season wink.gif

Guys don't get on here and trash Wayne. I have a large amount of respect for their program and fans. When Bluefield traveled there for a playoff game back in 2002 it was the absolute best I've seen vistors treated on the road. The Wayne fans were very respectful before and after the game. They showed great sportsmanship and class, and had only nice things to say even after the game was over.

Wayne had a bad night in Wheeling and I believe they were better than they showed. Many things went wrong and Bluefield being the team they were took full advantage. Did they have a better team than Bluefield? No. However, I do believe they were a better team than what showed in Wheeling.

Again though, show some class and don't trash Wayne. I know a number of Wayne fans and they have a great amount of respect for the Bluefield program. They hold us in high regard and they're attempting to build their program in the mold of Bluefield. So give them some respect for what their doing there b/c it wasn't long ago that Wayne and football didn't belong in the same sentence. They've come a long ways and deserve a tip of the hat for that.

[ QUOTE ]

Im not trying to trash Wayne, Im just saying even if Wayne played to there full potential agaisnt us in the Championship game I don't think they could have beat us.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right and I agree with you there. However, Wayne had a very good team, but Bluefield was just on another level. Wayne had a great season and did beat some quality opponents. They deserve some respect for going 13-1 and making it as far as they did. While you might not have meant them to be, some of the previous comments just seem disrespectful in my eyes. Remember, be gracious in defeat and humble in victory.

They may have some of the nicest fans in the world bluefield_rules...All i was trying to say is that there priding themselves on not losing a away game since 1999, but if you look at there schedule. There really was no reason for them to lose those games. Considering we killed princeton and james monroe and pretty much other regular season team we played except for martinsburg but then again they were ranked #1 in AAA... and The Weir Red Riders with Zac Cooper who is allready committed to WVU,

And all i was trying to say that we probply could have beat anybody in the other bracket this season...And thats the truth!