beaver football

beaverfootball75

What's wrong with them priding themselves on that? They've beaten some quality teams on the road during that time including Poca when they were winning state titles. Don't get so worked up over Pioneer doing some bragging about his team. Everyone is entitled to pride themselves on something they do well.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bluefield_Rules,

Two of those road wins were over state championship Poca teams. We play in the Cardinal Conference...some of those schools aren't that great (although the conference has been represented in Wheeling the past 5 years). Chesapeake is a pretty good Ohio school (always make the Ohio playoffs and sometimes make deep runs...got to the final 8 in Ohio one year). Lawrence County was rebuilding last year...you never know what you'll get from them. One year they lost at Cabell Midland 56-28...the next year they beat Cabell Midland 56-34...and that was a playoff bound Midland squad. They had a coaching change which changed things over there. When you look at it, there aren't a big lot of great teams around here for us to play.

And as I stated, Wayne has not lost on an opponent's home field since 1999. That is not to say they haven't lost an away game. A 6-year streak like that is pretty impressive. Sorry for being a fan of someone other than Bluefield (whom I have the utmost respect for).

I totally agree!!! Bluefield Football is on a whole other page from most programs...(in-state and out-of-state.. One can only understand the magnitude of what is being done only when they are present to witness the growth of the athletes both mentally and physically. Coach Simon and company played quite a few underclassmen this past year and if those young 'uns get in the weight room this off season and train to BEAVER specs... then I say that P-Burg South,North,East, and West can expect an *** whoopin'. I do respect the power of that program but we must all remember that Bluefield is the undisputed KING of West Virginia Football!!!

First, please watch the language; cursing isn't allowed here. Second, I believe Parkersburg can lay claim to being the King of WV high school football b/c they do have one more state title with nine and are 8th in all-time wins in the entire country with over 700 victories.

[ QUOTE ]

Marcum and Newell are excellant players (the pounding Newell took in the championship game should only make him better...it's hard to react to pressure when no one else got any on him all year...don't expect him to be that rattled next fall). Don't expect much, if any dropoff from the Pioneers. I'm not going crazy and saying we're the most talented team ever and no one else is worthy of stepping on the field (cough cough Weir fan on here cough cough), but Wayne will be just as good as anyone in AA next year and I truly think next year will be the best chance Wayne's had at the title since 2001.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can make jokes, but Weir was the best team in AA this past season. Bluefield won the championship, but Weir had more talent. Bluefield and Weir were on a totally different level than Wayne. I think Weirton Madonna, A runner-up, would have given Wayne a good game this past season. Wayne didn't play anyone and that's why they got embarrassed at the Island. Weir will once again have the most talented team in 05, which doesn't necessarily guarantee winning the title, but I think they will bring it home this coming season. I hope Weir has to go through both Wayne and Bluefield on the way to Wheeling so there are no doubters at the end of the year. Marcum and Newell are pretty good players, not excellent PioneerPA. Marcum dissapointed me when the Pioneers played Bluefield. People were comparing him to Cooper, and that is a totally bogus statement. From playing w/ Coop at Weir, I know he's far more talented player than Marcum. I think Stumbo was a better ball player than Marcum. No disrespect, but it's the truth. Newll is a pretty talented QB, but I expected more from him as well. I guess w/ all the hype surrounding Wayne, I thought they would at least give Bluefield a game. You guys can laugh it up all you want, but when Weir brings home their 7th title in 05, the Riders will be the ones having the last laugh!!!

Those 2 minutes and 30 seconds, we saw how bad the beavers wanted to go back up to wheeling. Just think god it turned out the way it did, Now everytime i walk down the hallway i see that huge picture of them,and see those GIGANTIC rings of theres....

[ QUOTE ]

Those 2 minutes and 30 seconds, we saw how bad the beavers wanted to go back up to wheeling. Just think god it turned out the way it did, Now everytime i walk down the hallway i see that huge picture of them,and see those GIGANTIC rings of theres....

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, but I'm sure when I'm walking around on campus here at WVU in the next few year's I'll see Turner, Crow, and Cooper's BIG EAST CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS. I'll bet Coeburn would love to play in front of 60,000+ like they will instead of playing in front of a capacity crowd of 2,000+ at Wesleyan!!! shocked.gif As I've said before, w/ the athletes Weir had including Cooper, Crow, Shumake, Dawand Smith, Josh Smith, Dustin Smith, Sperlazza, Chappell, Hayden, and Davidson, Bluefield didn't match up w/ them talent wise position by position. Bluefield made up what they lacked in talent by playing very well as a team. However against there so called "unstoppable D," Cooper dominated the game by himself w/ 150+ yards, and Josh Smith added 100+ yds himself. Bluefield showed a lot of poise by not giving up, but again, they weren't more talented than the Riders.

I still strongly disagree. Didn't you all get beat by a single A team shocked.gif

I have respect for Weir but honestly i will always say that Bluefield had the better team. So you had some players sign at WVU. Overall how many of the seniors signed at a college???????

And if you think any other team in the state could have beat Wayne 69-24 well then i rarely doubt that bud

"no dis-respect or anything"

Coeburn had an invite to WVU and Marshall as well, but chose what he felt was the best for himself. If he had really cared about playing in front of 60,000 (BTW: WVu rarely ever draws 60,000 and sometimes are lucky to get 50,000) he would have gone major D1. We aren't going to rehash the same conversation from the other board on this board are we b/c it's tiresome.

[ QUOTE ]

I still strongly disagree. Didn't you all get beat by a single A team

I have respect for Weir but honestly i will always say that Bluefield had the better team. So you had some players sign at WVU. Overall how many of the seniors signed at a college???????

And if you think any other team in the state could have beat Wayne 69-24 well then i rarely doubt that bud

"no dis-respect or anything"

[/ QUOTE ]

Weir got beat by Wheeling Central(A) 8-6, and there are many arguements about the officiating during that game, but I won't make excuses. Weir didn't come to play, but you also have to remember Wheeling Central was A champs and has over 450 students so they are not a normal A school. Weir has many players that have got contacted to play somehere. They include Cooper, Crow, Shumake, Chappell, Vance, Pernell, and Karnopakis. Two of them already have the chance to play D1 next year w/ Cooper signing w/ WVU and Crow who will most likely accept an invited walk on w/ the Mountaineers. That's not including the many players coming out of next year's class who are talented enough to play college football. Beating Wayne 69-24 isn't that big of an accomplishment. As I said before, I think the other team in Weirton, Weirton Madonna who was A runner up, could have hung w/, if not beat the Pioneers and Wheeling Central would have thrashed them.

BluefiedRules,

I think you and I both know Coeburn didn't have an invited walk on to WVU or Marshall. I'm almost positive he didn't receive one to play for WVU b/c I heard Coach Rod name all of the kids he invited to walk on at a press conference that was on msnsportsnet.com, and Coeburn wasn't one of them. As for Marshall, I talked to someone from Bluefield and they said he was thinking about going there to walk on, but they never actually gave him an invited walk on.

Again, you're judging everything based on ONE Wayne game...the worst game they've played in probably 20 years. Do you think Wayne turned the ball over like that all year? They would have been 0-10 if they had done that. Wayne is a whole lot better team than they showed in Wheeling. And if they played Bluefield again, I don't think they'd get thrashed. Beaten? Probably. Thrashed? Not hardly. Perhaps we'll get to meet on the field and you can see what Wayne football is REALLY about. I know Weir's coaches were in Beckley scouting when Wayne had 7 turnovers in their quarterfinal loss to Westside....so perhaps they feel that's how we always play...lol.

All I'm going to say about next year is...well...it's not TOO far off...we'll just have to wait and see how everything pans out.

I respect Wayne's program and what they did last year. Winning 13 games is very impressive, but I don't think they lived up to the hype. You said they turned the ball over a lot more than usual, but if you're that good of a team, you can't make mistakes like that on the Island. I think Weir and Bluefield were by far the best two teams in AA. They were on a totally different level than anyone else, and a lot of Bluefield fans agree w/ that. I do hope Weir and Wayne meet this coming year, b/c all the skeptics will be quited. And as for Coeburn getting invited to walk on at Marshall, it was my fault b/c I didn't think they asked him from what someone told me. However you can brag about him, but facts are Weir has two kids from that last year's team that can play for THE football program in WV, WVU. That would make 3 Riders total on the Mountaineer team, w/ Turner, who graduated w/ me in 04, also playing. I've also heard that Marshall is very interested in Shumake, but I don't know if he wants to play football in college. I just can't wait for the football season to get here b/c Weir will prove that they are at the top of AA now.

This just in....

Bluefield 21

Weir 20

I don't care if your entire team went to WVU. It doesn't matter. Bluefield was a better team and they have beaten Weir everytime they have played. You guys can have the scholarships and the Beavers will take the championships. By the way, the "we believe" signature was added to my posts after the Weir game. Maybe you can add "We Choke" after yours for your signature on this board, as you guys have proven the last two years.

Sincerely,

a fan of the 2004 AA STATE CHAMPIONS

You'd think Weir was the only school in the state to ever turn out D-1 recruits. Then again, they do only have a single state title in the last 43 years. I'm tried of this guy making the same argument over and over and over and over and over and over again. Get over it, you lost and it's time to move on.

If telling yourself how many D1 recruits Weir has makes you sleep better at night and makes it a little easier to accept defeat, I'm all for it.

I just think it's in poor taste to continually make excuses when it comes to defeat or try to lower the team that defeated you in some way. Poca bested us two years in a row and heartbreakingly so the last year. I accepted the fact that they were the better team and made the plays to win the game. It's only high school football, one shouldn't waste their energies on something which cannot be changed.

On the subject of Wayne, while they may not have a program that is as traditionally rich as Weir, they're on their way to building one and have had some very good seasons in the past five years. Why hassle them because they played on the weaker side of the bracket? It wasn't their choice and I can guarantee you if given the chance, they would have played on the stronger side in a heartbeat. They really aren't a program who avoids a challenge from what I can tell. I can guarantee that their players worked just as hard as the kids from Bluefield and Weir, so why make remarks like they didn't deserve to be on the Island? They really deserve more than that.

I'm tired of trying to be respectful of Bluefield's program when all your fans do is show how arrogant they really are. Weir had a better team than Bluefield the past two years. We had the game won both times, but couldn't execute to finish out the game, noone can change that now. You can be happy w/ your 8 state championships b/c Weir will earn their 7th next year. They tell me to respect Wayne, which I do, but I'd like to know why the people from Bluefield sitting w/ me at the game kept saying they were overrated and one person went as far to even tell me that Weir deserved the runner up trophy, even though we all know they should have been champs. Most of the people I was sitting w/ at that game post frequently on here, so don't act like you have all this respect for Wayne. Every Bluefield fan that was there said the real title game was played in the semis. I just can't wait until this coming football season Weir can put an end to this cockiness shown by the fans from Bluefield!!!

You are the epitome of arrogance and cockiness, and why? One state football title in the last 43 years isn't exactly setting the world on fire. Cockiness is saying:

"Weir has too much talent for anyone in AA to touch this year."--redrider2004 August 2004 (a.k.a. WeirFootball)

"Weir will earn their 7th next year (state football title)."--redrider2004 January, Feb., & March 2005(a.k.a. WeirFootball).

"Weir will win the basketball state title."--redrider2004 August 2004 (a.k.a. WeirFootball)

"Weir will win the baseball state title."--redrider2004 August 2004 (a.k.a. WeirFootball)

Yes, the poster WeirFootball/redrider2004 proclaimed Weir would win the state title in all three sports this year. He didn't say they had a chance, he said they WOULD. Now after coming up short this year in football he's proclaiming they WILL win it next year. I'm sure once the basketball and baseball teams fall short of his prediction he'll make the same type of claims about them as well. Cockiness anyone?

Cocky, cockiness, cockily: boldly or brashly self-confident

arrogant, arrogance: exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance in an overbearing manner

"I'm tired of trying to be respectful of Bluefield's program when all your fans do is show how arrogant they really are."

It's odd you're "tired" of something you haven't done in the 1st place. You post a few "bluefield and weir are on a different level than all other aa programs" compliments to statrt a lot of your posts, then you proceed to degrade bluefield's players and teams.

"Weir had a better team than Bluefield the past two years. We had the game won both times""

Seems the scoreboard would reflect that then doesn't it.

I've read your rhetorical anti bluefield comments time and time again on the other message board, and here you are on this site posting the exact comments and already it's over and over here also.

Here's a fact for you. Weir is lower than bluefield in every catagory of records and history, they are 0 - 3 against bluefield.

Bluefield's played for 6 aa titles in 11 seasons, weir has played for 1 aa title in their 10 seasons in aa.

I have less and less respect for weir the more you post. grow up.

come on rider, i do beleive Weir was better than Wayne and wouldve likely beaten them had they played, but the facts are this..Weir did NOT beat Blfd the last 2 yrs, almost doesnt count, and you keep mentioning that fact that Weir has some WVU recruits, well what does that have to do with HS football?? those recruits sure didnt help out on the scoreboard did they?? and in case you havent noticed WVU is not at the top of the college football world so those mighty Weir recruits havent exactly set the world on fire in HS or college now have they??..you should see a psychiatrist to help you deal with the mental anguish you have suffered at the hands of the Beavers..just tell him you were bitten by a beaver, TWICE..hahahaha

[ QUOTE ]

"Weir will earn their 7th next year (state football title)."--redrider2004 January, Feb., & March 2005(a.k.a. WeirFootball).

"Weir will win the basketball state title."--redrider2004 August 2004 (a.k.a. WeirFootball)

"Weir will win the baseball state title."--redrider2004 August 2004 (a.k.a. WeirFootball)

[/ QUOTE ]

It is my opinion that Weir will win the state title this season, and I can post that if I choose. I never claimed Weir would win it in all 3 sports. Someone posted Weir had a good chance and I agreed that they did have a good chance at taking all 3 titles. The football team had a very good year in 04 got pretty darn close to winning it this past season, the bball team is still alive and have a shot to win it all, and the baseball team is defending AA champs and only lost one senior, so why wouldn't I be confident in my almumni? And please don't tell me I don't have respect for Bluefield's program. I know i respect them after play Weir in 97, playing against them in 04, and watching them again in 05. They are an elite AA program, but I think Weir is right up there w/ them now and I will continue to believe that no matter what you guys say!!!