Cain Ringstaff

rhsfan88

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen Kevin McGlothlin @ work the other night. Had on a VT ACC Champions Track suit. Hes gotten bigger than when I last saw him. I'm just happy we got at least 1 guy from R-lands on the Roster @ VT.

[ QUOTE ]

The Hokies are pretty loaded at tailback, so maybe he saw a better opportunity at UVA. Might be thinking academically too.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly what he said when I asked him about committing to UVA. He said he thought he would get the chance to play sooner at Virginia and the university had the major that he wanted to get into, VT did not.

Before anyone berates me for this let just say that Ringstaff was a good swva tailback. However, he hasn't the size, speed, or moves to ever compete for playing time at UVA. If he ever does play for them it will probably be a year when they go 3-8 at best. He would be much better served to go to a UVA-Wise or Emory and Henry. He would have a much better chance of seeing playing time at one of those schools.

They teach u the size, speed, and moves at college, sure u gotta be pretty dang good. But they can make u a good college back.I bet nobody thought Justin Hamilton would make a decent RB but look he filled in a few times this year and was a big contributer to the VT team/

I think Cain would make a decent reciever @ UVA. Just depends on where they want to stick him and if he even makes the team,if he dont hes going to be getting a great college education at one the best Colleges in the Country its a win win situation for him.

[ QUOTE ]

They teach u the size, speed, and moves at college, sure u gotta be pretty dang good. But they can make u a good college back.I bet nobody thought Justin Hamilton would make a decent RB but look he filled in a few times this year and was a big contributer to the VT team/

[/ QUOTE ]

True they might put a little weight on him and increase his speed slightly, but moves are natural and from what I saw last year his moves were straight ahead or as they say(white boy moves). I know a little about the subject......I've seen my share of D1 backs up close.

Yea, well im not saying hes going to be an awsome tailback in college im just saying i know and think he will get better than he is now def. but it's just going to be interesting to see wat happens with him up there, he does have the lower the head and go forward moves but he was pretty dang good with them this year.

[ QUOTE ]

Yea, well im not saying hes going to be an awsome tailback in college im just saying i know and think he will get better than he is now def. but it's just going to be interesting to see wat happens with him up there, he does have the lower the head and go forward moves but he was pretty dang good with them this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, against he Highlands and Swd......but what about the ACC?

Just give him a couple of years to get up and get into the program. He will get bigger,faster, and stronger. He can redshirt his first year then after that, I would say that during his sophomore year he could compete for time on special teams and work his way into finding some more time on the field, whether it be on offense or defense.

4.47 speed???? Bradshaw ran a 4.5 so something isnt stirring the Kool Aid. Ah depends on where and who timed them. Doesnt take much to throw off times and things of that nature. I know since I was at two Nike Camps last year and will more than likely be at that number this season.

Your coaches must have some good connections is all I can say. No knock on Rinstaff but ive read on this website and other recruiting sites for three years how kids in this area didnt have the speed except for Bradshaw ,and he most certainly does have the speed. Plus where did Hairston from Salem end up? Now he has some burners.

My younger brother is second to Ahamad in speed but we will see what fate has in store for him after this season.Grundy seems to only have one coach that has some connections but Garon received letters before last year. He doesnt have the line that running backs for Richlands will have but they sure do have heart. So like I said we will see if he is as lucky as there most definitely were some strings pulled to get the walk on ,but this leaves other players hopeful for similar results.

I dont think so. Virginia Tech has their RB's lined up plus Ringstaff is not the burner that Tech or UVA will use at rb. Poquson has an all state RB at UVA and he is walk on, just went blank on his name but he only saw special team action last season and Ringstaff has the same speed as he does, in fact they are very similar players if you see them both play.

If Ringstaff runs a 4.47 then Macho Harris runs a 4.2 at least and Tech is gonna use him at DB. Tech is becoming more and more difficult to get onto the squad even from walk on status and the same will go with UVA with signings such as ,the nations number one lineman Eugene Monroe, and other top recruits that Groh signs. Thats my justification for lots of strings being pulled to make this happen. Just like anyone else with a top 25 rating and or signing class.

[ QUOTE ]

Before anyone berates me for this let just say that Ringstaff was a good swva tailback. However, he hasn't the size, speed, or moves to ever compete for playing time at UVA. If he ever does play for them it will probably be a year when they go 3-8 at best. He would be much better served to go to a UVA-Wise or Emory and Henry. He would have a much better chance of seeing playing time at one of those schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's 5'10" 200. A year in the weight room will get him in the 210-220 range. Since when is that small for a runningback. That's prototypical. Just check any NFL roster. He has good speed and his best move is to knock you on your backside. I'm not saying he'll be all ACC, or even be a starter, but I bet he earns a scholarship before he's done. And remember, that's a former NFL coaching staff that invited him to play football for them.

[ QUOTE ]

4.47 speed????

[/ QUOTE ]

He was timed on the track. That was pointed out in the article.

[ QUOTE ]

Thats my justification for lots of strings being pulled to make this happen. Just like anyone else with a top 25 rating and or signing class.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure strings need to be pulled to walk-on

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's 5'10" 200. A year in the weight room will get him in the 210-220 range. Since when is that small for a runningback. That's prototypical. Just check any NFL roster. He has good speed and his best move is to knock you on your backside. I'm not saying he'll be all ACC, or even be a starter, but I bet he earns a scholarship before he's done. And remember, that's a former NFL coaching staff that invited him to play football for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

During the games I watched..........his best move was going to the sideline with some mysterious injury!LOL

During the games I watched..........his best move was going to the sideline with some mysterious injury!LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Tidbit, as I recall,you played on the Tazewell championship team back in the late 80's right?? It just slipped my mind, where exactly did you get an invite to walk on?? Exactly, YOU DIDNT, and as far as a mysterious injury joke??UVA mustve liked it awful well, offering him a walk on and all, your a thorn in this boards backside, you have nothing else better to do than to trash a kid that has earned everything he has gotten, so why dont you back off!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Tidbit, as I recall,you played on the Tazewell championship team back in the late 80's right?? It just slipped my mind, where exactly did you get an invite to walk on?? Exactly, YOU DIDNT, and as far as a mysterious injury joke??UVA mustve liked it awful well, offering him a walk on and all, your a thorn in this boards backside, you have nothing else better to do than to trash a kid that has earned everything he has gotten, so why dont you back off!

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you know what I got invited to do or not do?????

You are right about one thing.....I never walked on anywhere!

Well the reason I know you didnt go anywhere to play after high school is, anyone that has, would realize the hard work and hours that a person like Cain has put in, just to get a walk on invite, anyone that has, wouldnt be so critical of him, they would be encouraging, and happy that someone from SWVA, is going to a D-1 school to play ball!! smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well the reason I know you didnt go anywhere to play after high school is, anyone that has, would realize the hard work and hours that a person like Cain has put in, just to get a walk on invite, anyone that has, wouldnt be so critical of him, they would be encouraging, and happy that someone from SWVA, is going to a D-1 school to play ball!! smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Rightttttttt......guess I just didnt have to work as hard as he has had to. By the way, this post isnt about me....its about this other kid. If you read my original post you would understand my position.

I dont care what your original post said, your most recent post is all put-downs,And yeah im almost positive that you didnt work as hard as he did, because IF you did, you would know what it feels like to put the work in, and give him the propts he deserves!

A lot of kids around here have to go and prove themselves throug a walk-on experience. Kids in SWVA are deprived and dont get looks from d-1 recruits. I seen this kid play and he has my vote. I thought he was the best in the soutwest district. 5-10 200 is plenty big enough for a running back. Thats abut the average size for a talilback in college. I thought he lookd pretty durable and hardnosed myself. I watched him play against grundy. Speed is something he needs to work on but that will come around. Not all good running backs are speedy. I thopught he looked pretty fast myself. GO FOR IT MAN