Is there gonna be a grundy/bluefield game?

grahamball

who will win richlands/marion  

1. 1. who will win richlands/marion

I am so glad it will happen. That way no more talk of easy scheduling. Got rid of Hurley, Twin Valley and added playoff teams. What more can Grundy do? They have done a good job adding quality opponents and such a tough squad as Bluefield will only make them better as the season progresses.

No matter what it will be a good game and I look forward to seeing such a good team come to Grundy.

Shoooo is it September yet??????????

Hey ole wave whats the rest of the schedule look like?

Yes, my bad. I ment Marcum..

It will more than likley be a close game. I wish we would have played each other last year. Im sure what would have been an even better game..

So the blufield-grundy game is scheduled for week 4 right?

[ QUOTE ]

well they were pretty good (9-1) and got shocked in the 1st round of the playoffs defently could have been division 3 champs

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite. I'll give Grundy their props...they were the best D-3 team in Region IV. However, if they had played Gretna in the State Semis, it would have been just as ugly as the Gretna-Tazewell game.

it wouldnt have been as ugly, now im not saying that grundy would have won, but since grundy beat tazewell fairly good that year as well, they had a better chance at it. plus i played with a few boys from gretna over at wise, a dt and a cb, they were good but not unstopable, vic hall was the one they had to worry bout, he was good. but grundy stood a better shot at gretna.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

well they were pretty good (9-1) and got shocked in the 1st round of the playoffs defently could have been division 3 champs

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite. I'll give Grundy their props...they were the best D-3 team in Region IV. However, if they had played Gretna in the State Semis, it would have been just as ugly as the Gretna-Tazewell game.

[/ QUOTE ]

If "ifs and buts were candy and nuts" we'd all have a Merry Christmas. Unfortunately, we'll never know what would have happened due to the infamous screwjob. But I won't go there, there's no use beating the proverbial dead horse.

But let me throw another if out here as well. If Tazewell hung in there with Gretna for a half, then I think Grundy could have beaten Gretna if they came to play and went the distance.

I still maintain that Gretna was the Indianapolis Colts of D-3, their defense was average at best. Despite how much they overhyped their defense, they were mainly offensive firepower. Tazewell is a hard-hitting defense-minded team and they put up 28 points on the great Gretna.

Grundy had the offensive firepower to possibly hang in there with them, and if Tazewell had the offensive firepower, I believe they could have possibly gone the distance with them as well.

But like I said....."ifs and buts." I've been bitter and I'll still be bitter until next season starts.