Highlands!!

CatLover

Who is the Best Players in the Highlands this coming fall..

List as pos. (For Example) QB__________, RB_________, TE_________... And so on and so forth, Defense and Offense Please..

Thank you, Sam

Go BearCats!!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, bearing some possible laughter at my post and this thread, i've got to throw this one in.

Best QB...Matt Perdue of Lee High. He still managed to throw for over 1,000 yards as a Junior last season, with a young and not very impressive recieving core, that just got thinner as the season went along, and offensive line that had troulbe blocking anything all season long.

A couple of D-lineman that are suppossed to be again this year for Va High too.

3-7...that would be their best record since 99'. Lets see 8-2 in 98' and 3-7 in 99', so 3-7 this season and 8-2 next season..umm, okay maybe not. Don't go crazy everyone, I can dream if I want to..lol. If only we didnt have an ignorant school board and could have actually found a good coach after Don Williams left. Oh, the good ole days.

Well..I want to see anybody but Abingdon, Marion, or Va High win it..lol.

You know, I think Richlands somehow placed a curse on Lee. The Region playoff game between Lee and Richlands in 1998. A team that in 97' went 5-5 in the regular season and ended up making it to the state semi-finals only to lose by a field goal to Heritage. Then in 1998 a 8-1 record heading into that game, with already having beat Richlands(i beleive, correct me if i'm wrong) by a pretty big margin of victory(from what i remeber) and great running game with Buchannan at qb and Satterfield in the backfield (he rushed for 1878 yards that year). Ended up losing that game 24-12, in a game that play was greatly affected by the rain. Still to this day I believe something happenend on that day, and they are cursed. Maybe its just me, I don't know, but its just so weird going from some very good early years, state semi-finalists, then to a very good 8-2 team the next season, and then finally just falling apart the next season and never recovering the seasons after.

So, is that it? You guys cursed Lee. REVERSE THE CURSE. laugh.gif

I will be the first to say Abingdon, new coach and all, will win the District, they will either go 5-5 or 4-6. If they stay dedicated to the football, I believe we could go deep into the playoffs.... I wish.

I think Lee is cursed also, but it doesn't have anything to do with any other school. That last good season, 8-2, the Lee girls basketball team only won two games. Some of the football players had a class with some of the girls basketball players, and those football players should be ashamed of themselves for the brutal, mean, and cruel things that they said to those girls about how sorry the girl's team was and how great the football team was. Now, I'd like to point out that I have a sense of humor, and I can not only take a joke, but I usually know when someone is just joking. This went beyond joking, and the strange thing is that the Lee girls basketball team has made six straight trips to the regionals since then, and the football team hasn't had a winning season since. Actually, I don't believe in curses and think that a declining enrollment, instability in the coaching staff, and not having enough quality players is what hurts Lee, but if you want to believe in curses, my proposed curse makes as much sense as any.

I remeber that story too, lee_fan. I had a teacher there that told us about it once, and he said they were cursed also. Maybe it isn't Richlands then.

I'm sure you didn't mind seeing the two teams play good hard fought games, either Bigblue, I know I did. It's a shame we haven't seen those types of games with teams like Richlands anymore, hopefully Lee can break the "curse" someday. Richlands and Lee won't be playing each other next season, will they? I always enjoyed seeing the two bands go at it, even if the game wasn't worth watching the bands made it enjoyable.

Yeah, and by the way they make it sound, they have been working to get ready for next season. I don't know anyone that plays persoanlly, but my friend told me if I come there he will play, too. Also, the coach has a son, who sounds pretty good, which I hope could help. The man reason why Abingdon should win because the district is pretty weak anyways, no offense to anyone. Lee is usually a 1-9 team, Marion is supposedly really bad, and Virginia High has the benifit of having them to play. Maybe Abingdon is as bad as the other teams, its just I am setting the bar high at Abingdon next year, which should put some fire under their butts. Lol

i agree - matt perdue is the best qb in district - no other players can be mentioned, since nobody else really has any playing time. and carson ? who is he - how can he be the best in the district - has he ever started @ tb ?? i think lee will be much improved in 05; will be tough for ahs to go 5-5 (will definitely lose to honaker, grundy, rich, taze; possibly marion, vhs, carroll, lee, and ph).

swva football, do u even kno what ur talkin about? Besides carson i believe i mention RB which he started every game last year but one, and the reason he will most likely be the best in highlands is because of exactly what i posted in my last post... besides Lee High dont got nothin on abingdon!! shoot they dont got nothin on any one, they are dominated by every team almost every season for past 4 - 5 years, its gonna be hard to turn a team that lost all most every game to predict them to win the highlands, lets get back to reality here. wink.gif

I think wins over Marion, Lee, PH, and Carroll could get them to the playoffs if VHS wins the Highlands and a Div 3 school wins the SWD. The Highlands is always kinda hard to predict and that shouldn't be any different this season!

Well, it probably comes down to VA High and Abingdon. Next week I should start going there and I should know what kinda guys I will be with, and than I can make an accurate description of the team.

Heck, I know I am not rich, but I like to talk to everyone, until I really know them. But if they are willing to help me and get a visor, new cleats, etc. I wouldn't mind talking to them. Lol

haha, one of my friends dad teaches over there, one time he caught a kid smoking and told him he was taking him to the office and he was like "do have any idea who my dad is??" tongue.gif But I'd say they don't get a whole lot of those kinda kids to go out for football any way. I'd say Abingdon would be a lot like Waynesboro, in thats its easy to find people you have in common with. Its a really good school academically too...

Those visors are pretty nice. Wish Honaker had those..