Highlands!!

CatLover

Visors? Plus that was one reason my mom wanted me to leave Lebanon, academically. If I could find three or four people who love sports as much as me, I will love Abingdon.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said somethin about visors in your post. Abingdon has visors in addition to regular hats lol. I thougth thats what you were talking about!

If Lebanon is anything like Honaker, I could imagine how little Lebanon's teachers give a sh!t about if you learn anything or not...

Haha..who says rich boys cant play football? J/k, thats just people talkin, its the same here in abingdon as it is anywhere else u got some rich people but its not the whole school, i for one aint rich... Lookin foward to abingdon zach?

Depends...... mainly on the fact if I can find people like me. I just hope to find some people that can

1. Play

2. Are dedicated

3. Not afraid to be hit, get hit, hustle, or take criticism.

Well with only 4 total teams in the district its hard to say really who will win it every year but u say marion is suppose 2 be bad i disagree , they have finshed second in the district 3 years in a row and this really should be their year , with a talented quaterback and a pretty big line including 1 first team all district lineman they should be pretty decent. Most people dont think marion has much but i think they are gonna surprise alotta people. I think the va. high & marion game will decide the district and it should be a very good game.

I want to know more about this new coaches son. what position does he play ? how big and fast is he? and who is this new coach? where did he come from? He had better get those boys in the weight room and get them stronger and faster because I saw in the paper this AM where Holston beat AHS in the washington CO Track meet yesterday. Who coaches that boys track team at AHS now? That had to be embarassing for those AHS boys.

i don't know - but i heard the new football coach was the new track coach as well....for AHS fans, you'd better hope the track season isn't a sign of things to come from the new coach!!! as far as who is going to win the district, i do believe that the district is weak, and it is hard to tell right now what will happen - heck, there is a good possibility that 3-1 or maybe 2-2 will win the district - anybody can win 2 or 3 games i guess

Well, I don't know, but the whole district is kinda bad so saying Marion is bad is not an understatement. The new coach is Scott Gregory, who coached at Southern Utah (Division-AA I think) last year. His so, A.J. seems he can be pretty good. Also, I was told they have had guys coming out for weightlifting, and they are getting stronger. Lets just hope that keeps up. But I personally think it will come down to the Va High and Abingdon game.

Well considering the whole district is preety weak it may not have been a bad statement but i still say the district will come down to Va. high and Marion. None of the teams in the district really have any big names returning.Marion has Nathaniel Call who was 1st team all district offensive tackle and 2nd team all region 4 , thats the only really big name returning for them but from what i understand the rest of the team is workin really workin hard and Call is a good leader for the team and Coach wright is a great coach so i think they will break through this year and finally win the district after finishing 2nd three years in a row. <font color="red"> </font>

I heard he was the head coach at some Community college in Mississippi last year. Also i heard that he was having a hard time finding Asst. coaches. I think he should ask the former coach to help and that Hooker guy he is a good coach or even Dennis Vaught I think he lives right over from the Falcons practice field. He could get that guy from Grundy who coaches rassling.all those guys would make a great staff.

i agree i thought they were the best to , they got inside the 10 yard line at grundy like 5 times but just couldnt get it in the endzone and when they played Va. High they just had a few bad plays and didnt come out on top. But in the Abingdon game they just ellison down and shut byrd down to. I believe marion will do well this year they should go at least 5-5 maybe 6-4

yeah he was first team all district at o-tackle and was 2nd team all region at o-tackle and hes an up and coming senior. They will have nathaniel cresey at QB , he got talent and his brother was an all state QB in 2001 for marion.tyler spencer was 2nd team all district at safety last year and hes gotta good work ethic. those are a few of the big names and there are some others with talent just didnt hear much bout them last year. Marion should have a good year with what they have.

How are the fans at Abingdon taking to their new coach? And is the teachers and staff at AHS helping him out? I heard he is an old PH boy, now I know the folks at the county seat won't like that, having an old goat farmer telling their childern what to do. So good luck to the new kid on the block. Oh and by the way the FB coach at VHS only teaches a couple of weight lifting classes I hope the new principal will help Gregory out and let him teach weightlifting or it is going to be another long year for the A-town team. What about his staff has anyone have any info on that?

Well im from abingdon and i don't really like the new coach cause he is not even tryin to get to know us but he is going to be a great coach his son is not going to be that good but he could probably help us and im looking forward to Zach cause im going to need some blocking and i love the game of football and it seems like i can't get enough of it of course we will win the district next year cause we are working harder than all other teams in the weight room so you better not try to look past us

Nobody works harder than Marion workes in the weight room and their players can prove it. They are strong , quick , and tougher than nails so VHS and yall buncha A-towns punks better be ready cuz the Hurricanes will be tough 2 handle.

Haha, I can't wait to just get out and play. I don't really believe in trash-talknig and all until game-time, and when it does I get all crazy and trash talk (clean trash talk), but I guess thats the Richlands in me. I will personally talk to the coach next week whe nI get down there, and I will make sure to get to know everything he is wanting to do, and just be the best to what he wants. I personally want to think that Abingdon to win it, but it will be a pretty decent district. All I know is that Abingdon will have at least one all-district player next year wink.gif I am just wanting to come there and put my dedication into others and hopefully they will respond. I heard from alot of people that Abingdon would be good if they just become tougher, and personally I believe I am tough. I can't wait...less than 4 months until 2-a-days!