Highlands!!

CatLover

I say the best the Falcons will do is 3-7. They will beat JSB, CC, & Lee. I think the new FB coach should asst. in wrestling because the Falcons will be sitting at home again this year in the playoffs, and they will be able to start wrestling on time. I still have not heard about any one who is going to asst. the new coach at AHS does anyone have any info on that.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone happen to know Lee's schedule? I know of about 6 teams on the schedule. Powell Valley, Clintwood, Gate City, and of course the highlands teams. I assume Cawood, J.J. Kelly, and Middlesboro are on the schedule again, but I haven't seen any of their schedules to find out for sure. If those teams are playing Lee again, then who would be the other they team have picked up? Bluefied and Richlands won't be on the schedule and it looks like Clintwood took one of those teams place, so that leaves one left.

OFISHBB, even if the coaches don't help if you have 3 or 4 guys willing to go that extra step into helping the team, they should still be good. I am going to breakdown each game and explain why 6-4

August 26 - John S. Battle - Home One of the worst in the Hogo, and they had a decent running back but he graduated and the line isnt that strong. Win

September 2 - Patrick Henry - Away Poole is pretty much all they have, and he might be moving to running back, so no QB and all we will have to do is shut down Poole. Win

September 9 - Virginia HIgh - Away I don't know much about them, but from what I have heard they have a decent running back and so-so lineman. We will have to stop the run, which Abingdon never did last year. Even (means maybe win, maybe lose)

September 16 - Richlands - Away Even if we keep up with them in the first quarter they have guys to dominate us in the last three. Huge UPSET!!! ....joke. Lose

September 23 - Tazewell - Home The suprise team of last year, they lost their lineman (who was huge), but they are bringing back some decent players. Lose

September 30 - Honaker - Away They had three all-staters, and only one is leaving. Andrew Bostic will probably have fun in this game. Lose

October 7 - Carroll County - Homecoming I have no idea about this team, but everyone elses writes us up a win. Win

October 14 - Grundy - Home Garon Marcum.... Lose

October 21 - Lee High - Away Everyones homecoming, and someone earlier said the qb threw for 1,000 yards last season, well, if you down by 30 you will have to pass almost every down. Doesn't mean your good, you just have to throw it often. (Example: Timmy Chang) Win

October 28 - Open

November 4 - Marion - Home I don't know much about them, but I have played against them in soccer and they play a little "dirty", but I hope not in football. Win

These are my opinions of course

[ QUOTE ]

October 21 - Lee High - Away Everyones homecoming, and someone earlier said the qb threw for 1,000 yards last season, well, if you down by 30 you will have to pass almost every down. Doesn't mean your good, you just have to throw it often. (Example: Timmy Chang) Win

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what i said:

"Matt Perdue of Lee High. He still managed to throw for over 1,000 yards as a Junior last season, with a young and not very impressive recieving core, that just got thinner as the season went along, and offensive line that had troulbe blocking anything all season long."

You're right zach, throwing for that many yards doesn't mean your good. However, notice I give some reasons as to why I think he was good and will be even better(I hope) this season.

#1-Offensive line, you know, that same line you told me before the start of last season wasn't any good. You said the only thing they were good at was giving cheap shots in that scrimmage between Lebanon and Lee. The same line that looked like they were never taught any blocking skills and had trouble picking up any blitzes. Perdue was scrambling on just about every play due to pressure being put on him.

#2-A recieving crew that had two(that I know of) players who hadn't played high school football before(and no, not talking about freshman, I believe they were seniors). One guy moved to reciever the season before, one actually experienced and good reciever, another experienced and decent reciever, and a few freshman and sophomores(one of which has some potential to be very good).

There were also a very high number of passes dropped, more than what should have been. I really don't think Lee threw anymore when they were down by 30 than at the begging of the ballgame. They knew they were going to lose, so try to throw it every play hoping for a score when you could work on other things. While its own my mind, did anyone notice that there many games in which Lee actually looked pretty good at the beggining of the game, in which they showed signs of some really good execution before they fell apart shortly after?

Another thing to remeber is, Lee's leading passer in school history only threw for over 1,500 yards. Lee has always been known for running, no matter how bad the team is, so to be a 1,000 yard passer there is a big deal(its only been done three times before twice by the record holder and one time in '89). That same leading passer, Jermey Pendergraft, is the quaterbacks coach at Lee too.

Anyway, as I said he SHOULD(doesn't mean he will be) be really good this season, but that doesn't mean I believe they will beat Abingdon and it doesnt mean I think they will lose either. I'm just saying he is a good qb, no matter how bad Lee plays.

Yeah, and I personally am not downplaying him, even if it sounds like it. I was just pointing out that maybe thats what kinda team you were, and running was a second option. Now tha tI remember, I think we did play yall in a scrimmage, at Lee correct? I remember that game well, and I think that your team did pretty well. He did scramble alot, but he was taking down quickly. I never said that they cheap shotted us, I was talking about soccer vs. Marion, thats the only team. Purdue may be good, and to be on a 1-9 team and still wanna play shows alot about that persons character....

Yeah, Lebanon scrimmaged Lee but can't remeber where it was, just remember you mentioned it on here and I asked you about it. Its not that they were dishing out a lot of cheap shots, its just you said it was about the only thing the line could do to stop you all..lol. As for the "scrambling", I didn't mean he was a scrambling qb, it was that he was forced into a lot of plays in which he had to "run for his life" a lot, due to the line having trouble.

I don't see why we haven't even come close to having another winning season. The JV has no problems, they are actually pretty good year in and year out, and actually BEAT the varsity last season. I guess the coaching is just that bad.

It was at Lee, I emember now. And yes I do remember where I said they cheap-shotted us, because I had to go in for one of our starting lineman because he was kneed in the groin. Maybe it might not be your coaches but the team, and them thinknig its just another season. Just change one thing and maybe the rest will follow. I know I am gonna shake things up there in Abingdon, but I don't know how much good I will do... I will do whatever to win, maybe thats the Richlands in me cool.gif

Does anyone have a site/ anything on who was All-district last year? Also, what about VA High? We have Lee (beamerball), Marion (that one dude), and Abingdon (me and Rolen), but noone is talking much about VA High... Last year it was crowded with people talking about them laugh.gif

Hey us VaHigh people are still here....i actually never left....i mean what would you guys do without me... grin.gif

And i predict us to win Highlands again this year...but we do have a very tough outer conference schedule this year opening the Season against Tennessee High...and this year we have added Honaker and Gate City to the schedule as well....

I think if Honaker had the #'s student wise they could hang in the SWD. I'm glad they have started playing some bigger teams. Va High should win the Highlands they actually got no other competition besides Marion and Abington respectivly. Lee might as well not even play they are horrible.

i agree too, if they only had the numbers, they got such a great fan base and great facilites, i wish richlands would play them in everything else besides football,volleyball, and softball.

That was always my thinking too. If the varsity can't win, but the JV can, then put them out there.

I know Lee is horrible BigBlue, no one needs to be reminded of that. However, its not good for the school nor the players for people to be telling them they should give up. Yes, in one way its sounds like maybe that would motivate them to play, but that's not going to work with Lee. They have heard that over and over, they know they're bad, so telling them to quit won't help, and the school sure won't make them hang it up either. I feel Lee is not only losing the battle on the field but now they are losing it in the stands too. The crowds continue to dwindle each season. The only way I see things changing is with some good coaches(don't know if Wolfe is what he used to be, though I may be wrong and I probably am, and if I am then forget what was said about the coaches), more fans filling the stands back up, trying to bring to morale of the players back up, and NOT telling them to quit but to keep playing.

I hate it when I hear people going off like that, especially when they're not from Lee and don't know what REALLY goes on down here. Unless you know how "the system" works(school board), then you really shouldn't be telling them to hang it all because they suck. They still have talent, and coaches who are capable of bringing they back to a winning level. Its just a matter of when that will happen. I hope it will be this season, even though my hopes will probably dashed at least I have some faith. grin.gif

I wasn't telling them to give up, just let their jv players play, that would make all of the devoted football players more dedicated to the game so they can get back in.... In other words, make it a competition, and let the best player play.

Hey zach, the first line of that reply went, "That was always my thinking too. If the varsity can't win, but the JV can, then put them out there." Didn't you read that?..lol

Actually that line was the only thing that refered to your post, the rest was to BigBlue, and come to think of it, I addressed that in the post. You must have not seen that either?

That's okay anyway, I just did the same thing a minute ago. I replied to Raven's post thinking it was in reference to Lee, and I couln't figure why anyone wouldn't want to play the softball or volleyball team of Lee's if it were based on level of competition. Then I realized that the two teams don't even play in either sport, so I went back and reread the post and realized my mistake, then deleted the post. laugh.gif

I asked about Lee's schedule before, but nevermind I know now. Anyway if anyone is curious as to what it is, here you go.

Lee High

August 26 - Powell Valley- Away

Sept. 2 - Open

Sept. 9 - Middlesboro, KY- Home

Sept. 16 - Clintwood- Away

Sept. 23 - Gate City- Away

Sept. 30 - Marion- Away

Oct. 7 - Cawood, KY- Home

Oct. 14- Haysi- Away

Oct. 21 - Abingdon- Home

Oct. 28 - JJ Kelly- Home

Nov. 4 - VA High- Home

[ QUOTE ]

Lee High

August 26 - Powell Valley- Away

Sept. 2 - Open

Sept. 9 - Middlesboro, KY- Home

Sept. 16 - Clintwood- Away

Sept. 23 - Gate City- Away

Sept. 30 - Marion- Away

Oct. 7 - Cawood, KY- Home

Oct. 14- Haysi- Away

Oct. 21 - Abingdon- Home

Oct. 28 - JJ Kelly- Home

Nov. 4 - VA High- Home

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, GC and PV? Bettwatch for the long bombs, because I believe they like to throw alot. Whats Marions and VA Highs schedule? And RamJam whats with the team?

PV and Lee play every year, the game is called the "Battle of the Boot" (since both schools are kind of on the "boot" of Virginia) but its not been much of a battle for a while.