Garon Marcum Highlight Video....

Lance

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I watched the video of him, during school at Lebanon and a couple of the other football players were with me, and we thought he had breakaway spped even on video, which is good. Honestly, to me since I am from here, I would rather see more 4 and 5 yard runs against the likes of Richlands and the bigger schols than the TD runs against TV and Marion (I think thats the solid red team.) It shows just how much more he is willing to fight for the yards against good teams. Also, on that one punt return where he goes for the TD, that one dude laid a monster hit on someone, and its plays like that I just love football.

that was aaron looney who made that hit you are talking about.

When doing a highlight film, you only have so much time to display your talents, so you have to use the film that captures your speed or whatever skill you are trying to showcase, would not make much sense to put a lot of 5 yard hard yardage plays for that reason...he has a lot of those, and even a lot that go for a loss...bunch of 1 or 2 yarders...all great runs where something happens, but when you are trying to show what you have with the film you have avail. for use...then you put the big plays on there and hope it's enough.

There are a few plays against Marion because he ran all over them...of course they will be on there...there are plays against everyone Grundy played...Carroll County, Tazewell, Graham is the first play out of the gate and the last play on the film....the majority of those runs are from this past season, there are a few on there from the 10th grade season (2003)...most of what you are seeing is current. I didn't have all of the films to put the big runs against Fieldale Collinsville in the playoffs of 2003, the 99 yard punt return against Richlands in 2003, and the Carroll County game from his 9th grade year where he scored 3 TD's in the 4th quarter to beat CC 21-12 I think it was...there are a lot of HUGE plays against big teams that I just don't have the films of so...couldn't put it all...plus wanted to have it pretty much current.

Well, Aaron Looney had a very nice hit. I know that on highligt videos you show TD runs, but most highlight videos are also 3 to 4 minutes long, not 9 grin.gif

yeah...and just look at the amount of yardage and TD's just in that 9 mins...and then know that's probably about only 70% of what "could" be on there...pretty amazing kid.

3 and 4 yard touchdowns dont get you many d1 offers. Many schools take more interest in what will go down at the Nike Camp, the MSL camp, and the Army All American combine than any highlight film.

Maybe this season garon will get 200+ carries since he is well deserved them and you can see all the long and short touchdowns you want. YOu gotta realize too that most carries Garon ever got was last season at 157 and he had 9.5 ypc with that. Worse case scenario he gets 200 carries at 6 yards per carry and he still gets 1800. Just put looneys stats with Garons and that would be what garon could give you if he was running the ball 100% of the time and that is 2,400 yards. and what around 40 tds?

Shooo ive said it once Ill say it again? Please Grundy coaches make sure garon gets all the carries this year. lol.

[ QUOTE ]

Worse case scenario he gets 200 carries at 6 yards per carry and he still gets 1800.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would equal 1200 grin.gif But do you honestly think he would get 100% of the carries? I mean, he plays DB so he would get tired by the 3rd by running every single play. Do you think he will get 2,000 yards? What teams do you think he will do good against and lesser but still good against?

he could have rushed for over 2000 last year and he will be a lot better this season. you can tell it he is at least 15 pounds of lean muscle bigger and ripped up and his 100 meter run has already improved by at least 1.5. I knew he would be phonemenal last season and you only saw a flash of how good he will be this year. Trust me. I see him everday.

Garon has never ever lifted or weight trained. He has now since November and will until the season starts so if he stays healthy he can do anything he wants with blocking against anyone. He will have to be a wrecking crew with all the players we lost but he can play both sides of the ball, return punts and kicks and then ride 3 hours after the game to Cumberland Ky to watch Aarons game the next day. wink.gif

OH and yeah my math was wrong but garon wont average 6 ypc. He did that as a freshamn on very few carries and he could have averaged 8 that year with the carries and he is 10 times the player now he was then.

Enough of this. See ya in August. Garon will see ya in August.

lol...nothing but love for a brother huh?

To hear you tell it, he should change his name to Rick James...I can almost hear Larry Fields saying it now over that crappy PA system..."back deep for the Golden Wave is Rick James...the baddest MF'er of all time"....lol.

*Chappell's show starts new season on May 31 by the way smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

One back with 100% of the carries....wow a defensive coordinator's dream. Lots of luck on that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe so, before the game starts.

Then after seeing what Marcum does with all those carries, well, all of a sudden it will likely turn into a bad nightmare for him.

[ QUOTE ]

One back with 100% of the carries....wow a defensive coordinator's dream. Lots of luck on that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield learned that lesson the hard way in 1996 when they featured Isabelle and mainly only Isabelle. Ever since that season Bluefield has featured at least two running backs and in recent years upwards of four running backs. It's a lot easier to stop a single running back, regardless of how good he might be, than it is to stop a couple of different running backs. Good teams will be able to stop or contain a single back, whereas it would make their job more difficult if you have a stable of featured backs.

Not to mention the wear and tear a single running back would endure over the course of a season. Then what happens if that back gets injured and none of the other backs have experience at carrying the ball in critical situations? At the high school level, I'll take two very good backs over a great back any day of the week. A coach would be foolish to feature a single back if he has other capable backs.

We dont have another back and Garon paid his dues for 3 years sharing carries with other backs. So he deserves all the carries if he gets them. Sure someone will get a few carries but theres nobody on that team that was the quality back up that Looney or Aaron Marcum at FB was.

We dont have a ton of players like Bluefield, Richlands, or Gate City does so we have to make with what we have. Grundy has given two backs a ton of carries twice and both times those backs got over 2,000 yards so its the blocking that is most important to the backs health and success.

Chapelle Show was delayed today, indefinitely. Good that crap was getting old. If i saw one more Rick James skit i was gonna shoot myself. Season 1 rocked, two was a waste of time.

Just saw a commercial for it, said May 31 starts season 3...season two was awesome...lol. Niggar Family, Racial Draft, Rick James, Prince...lots of funny stuff...there were only 3 Rick James stories and they were all pretty funny I thought.

1 running back getting 100% of the carries is the craziest thing i've ever heard. hell, if i knew he was getting the ball every time, i guarantee he wouldn't get 10 yards in a game... all you gotta do is tell your backers/corners/safeties to read his first step and then go with him and only him. and another thing i'd guarantee is that he wouldn't make it through half the season. a body just can't take that kind of wear and tear every play, every game. i can't wait for the season...

[ QUOTE ]

Just saw a commercial for it, said May 31 starts season 3

[/ QUOTE ]

It was announced yesterday that the debut of season 3 has been delayed indefinitely.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=797&e=1&u=/eo/20050505/en_tv_eo/16484

"Chappelle's Show" Shut Down

By Charlie Amter Wed May 4, 9:54 PM ET

Chappelle's Show is a no-go, b****!

In a surprise announcement Wednesday, Comedy Central said that the highly anticipated third season of Dave Chappelle's show will not make its May 31 premiere date.

"Comedy Central has suspended production on the third season of Chappelle's Show until further notice," network spokesman Tony Fox said in a brief statement. "All parties are optimistic that production will resume in the near future."

No official reason was given for the shutdown, but sources told E! News that Chappelle has been MIA from the set for weeks. There was no indication on how long the suspension would last.

In December, the network said that Chappelle's Show was behind schedule after Chappelle fell ill, forcing the network to postpone the expected February debut of new episodes.

"Dave--and his entire production crew for that matter--got a bit of a late start on writing season three," Fox told the New York Post. Production was slated to resume in January.

Last August, Chappelle, 31, reupped with Comedy Central in a massive two-year deal, valued at $50 million by the Hollywood Reporter. The deal also set a new Industry precedent--reportedly giving the funnyman a large cut of backend DVD sales.

Featuring Chappelle's often raunchy standup, offbeat sketches and killer parodies of Prince and Rick James, Chappelle's Show has steadily built a huge following since its debut in January of 2003. By the end of season two, the half-hour show was often pulling in more than three million viewers, a substantial number for basic cable. The first season currently ranks as the all-time top-selling TV show on DVD. (Paramount has indefinitely pushed back the release of the second season--the studio hopes to time the DVD to the start of season three.)

In addition to his gig at Comedy Central, Chappelle had been working on a book for Hyperion. There has been no word on the book's status; there's also no word on the reported Rick James biopic for Paramount in which Chappelle would portray the late R&B wild man.

What are you worried about it for total. He isnt good enough to be D1 anyways, remember? Trust me he wont get 100% of the carries.

Yeah everyone stopped Bradshaw his junior and senior seasons didnt they stacking everyone to stop him. Nope if your good enough you will get your yardage anyways.

Bradshaw didn't get 100% of the carries either. to keep the defense honest, they did hand it to someone else every now and then, and would even put it in the air on the occasion. i'm just saying - you tell me going into a game that 1 player is getting 100% of the carries because they want to pad his stats, and i'll tell you it's suicide.

[ QUOTE ]

if your good enough you will get your yardage anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

and i'll disagree with you on that one too. if him or ANY running back don't have a line that can block - then he won't get diddly squat!!! i don't care if you put Barry Sanders back there against HS kids. no blocking = no yards... if you don't believe me, then have 'em do this little drill in practice. take everyone off the offense except Marcum. put in any defense... 1st team, 2nd team, Freshman, scrubs... whatever. and you've got 1 kid on offense against 11 on defense. give him the ball and tell him to score a TD - see what happens. it'll be humbling.

now those are extreme situations, but you are making an extreme case, as if he can walk on water. i don't mind people giving praise and believing in someone, but i just like for it to be realistic.

and also - to note - i don't think any more or less about Garon after this discussion because it's everyone else that is talking him up. i'm sure he's confident in his abilities, but if you ask him - he'd say anything he gets is a team effort. so don't say i'm bashing him... i'm just bashing some opinions/views.

What I meant was 100% of the running back carries, not 100% of the plays.... QB still throw and all. I personally didn't know anything bout him until I watched the tape, and it will suck gonig against him.