Garon Marcum Highlight Video....

Lance

I don't think anybody beleives he's going to get every carry. He has to take breaks, and you have give a few to the FB to keep the defense honest, but if I'm Grundy I'm going to give him as many as he can handle, and give him some passes too. As far as the defense keying on him every play...they're going to do that anyway.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, hopefully he will have as many as he can handle. And I really hope they will send him out on more pass patterns too, because among everything else, he can catch the ball.

I don't understand why everyone's getting so upset. In all likelihood, he will not get 100% of the carries, but he will get the bulk, 90-95% of them. And he's earned that right, he's definitely paid his dues and he should have had the bulk of the carries before now. And if he could handle 100% and the defense can't stop him, then it'd take a fool not to give him the ball.

I guess we just have more negativity to try to counter the positivity. Maybe some of you people will get more optimistic as we get closer to the season opener. grin.gif

Grundy has never used him to full advantage yet...I've seen him at camps running pass routes against some of the best DB's on the east coast as a 10th grader and saw how much trouble they had covering him.

Garon is the kind of runner you get out in the open field, he can make people miss...get him in an ISO situation he will more likely than not end up in the endzone...he is not a between the tackles type power runner...he can carry the load between the tackles for sure...but thats not his strong point...I don't think Grundy has ever really figured this out...

Last year with A. Marcum and A. Looney in there if they would have kept Garon on the field and split him out wide...and had a QB that could read the defense on every play they could have had a three headed monster that would have been fun to watch...it never happened.

Garon was sent in and out and so was Looney and A. Marcum...you almost never saw all 3 of them on the field at once. Baker has the ability to be one of the best TE's in the state, he never got the ball over the middle mostly because the QB can't really throw over the middle with any regularity and be effective....he has to roll out or throw a fade to the sidelines.

Grundy has a tendency to "save" players for the long haul...next year they need to turn Garon loose and giving him all the carries is not the answer, nor is it practical...they need to move him around a lot and get him the ball out in the open where he can make things happen.

just my .02 confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

He aint nothin but a josh Childress wanna be. He shouldn't have a highlight video he is a second stringer

[/ QUOTE ]

Attn: TheSpokesman

Consider this your first warning!

You will not receive anymore warnings for posts trying to instigate confrontations.

If you make additional posts such as this...you will be banned from the message board...PERIOD!

Thank you for visiting/posting on the SWVAFootball.com message board!

Sincerely,

The G-Man

I think "TheSpokesman" speaks for himself....

And I think I speak for mostly everyone else when I say "Who the hell is Josh Childress?"

Seriously, man, low class post. You're lucky G-Man gave you just a warning.

didn't grundy beat them like a combined 155-0 the last 3 times they played? If he's good send him over to Grundy to play clean up in the second half for Garon...lol.