Garon Marcum Highlight Video....

Lance

Finished it up a few weeks ago and I finally got time to convert it over to windows media format...I'll post it tomorrow...it's about 47 Meg...it runs about 9 - 10 minutes and turned out pretty good I think.

So tune in Friday evening to see what all the hype is about...he's already in contact with Louisville, Boise State, UVA, and Va Tech...not a bad mix.

You'll only see it here at SWVA Football! grin.gif

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...that makes me angry...I had to go change one of the nameservers..should be working tomorrow again...directnic is totally retarded sometimes when it comes to this stuff...hopefully it will fix itself in 24 hours...it's basically a DNS issue and the routers on the internet are sending you to the alternate nameserver...

basically the link is correct and the video is at that link...just have to wait for it to point towards the correct server.

i don't know much about Grundy football and i just now watched that video for the 1st time. he looked good, but i don't think he's D1... and i will agree about the elusive speed. also, i was just wondering what his size is (height/weight). the most impressive clip i saw was him running down that interception from about 90 yards (against some team in blue).

on a side note, since i was a lineman back in the day, i couldn't help but watch his blocking..... because without his blocking - he'd be nothing. on several clips, i saw #54 pull out and not touch a soul, but on the other hand - that #66 would clear the way... even down field - very nice.

yeah i was wondering how long it would be before someone said something about the blocking...lol.

my personal fav is the last int against Graham...that was the Region IV Championship game from 2002 and he was just a 9th grader at the time.

On the play you are talking about, I wish I had another camera angle because you can't really tell how fast he was goin to catch that guy...btw...that guy was an all state WR he ran down on that play.

as far as stats go... about 5-10" 195 right now.

and as far as not being D1...he's already got to many people looking at him not to be, he is going to visit Louisville tomorrow to meet the coaches and is attending JR day and the Red/White spring game on the 22nd...they finished up #6 in the country last year.

getting interest from D1 and actually getting an offer from D1 are 2 completely different things. hell, even i got "interest" from D1. of course, back in '93, Va Tech wasn't the program they are now. i'd get letters from them about every other week. i'd get invites to their team tailgates as well as tickets to the home games. all that stopped when i broke my ankle... just pray that he stays healthy!!!

yeah that sucks about your ankle...sorry to hear that man...hate to see anyone go out to an injury.

He gets all the bulk mail from different schools,and has been getting the 'junk mail" since he was a 10th grader...you can tell the few that are really looking though. He has been working out hard this year in the off season, hopefully things will work out and he'll have a good SR year...an offer would be nice, but at this point he's just trying to stay healthy and get ready for when the fun starts again in August.

yeah, he don't need to be worried about the college offers just yet. focus on this season and they'll come. makes the game with Bluefield sound a little more intriguing.

y would anyone want to see a highlight video of hem man he ant even no good so way would any want to wast time on that its really funny that u grundys guy talk about hem like he is the best ever coem out of grundy he cant hold a light to plymal and scammel and even 4 that matter he cant hold a light to Shane Justice from hurley and if he can lets see if he can hole a light to hem at the track meet wenday

Ringstaff from Richlands got a walk on at UVA and Garons numbers were just as good as his this year and thats without ever lifting weights and sharing the ball. I have faith that Grundy's coaches can at least get him on as a walk on at Tech as a worst case scenario. They have been able to help others do just that same thing. Everything will take care of itself. I am not worried about him playing at any level. As long as he works hard and continues to do his best he will only get better. Everyone can say what they want but there arent too many players that can any day of the week run a 40 yard dash and put up a 4.5 at worst. So he will be okay.

from Virginia Preps...

[ QUOTE ]

At 5-foot-9, and 180 pounds Marcum is proof that good things often come in small packages

[/ QUOTE ]

more reason why i don't think he'll go D1 --size -- they have a certain mold that they want, no matter how good an athlete you are. if you don't fit it - then oh well, good luck at Concord (or WV Tech)

The smaller, quicker RB's are what a lot of schools are looking for now. With an emphasis on the spread offense, making people miss is more important than bowling them over. It's really a moot point though because he'll grow another inch or so before he gets to college, and he'll gain 20-30 lbs his first year there.

Maybe it has been stated already, but what is the kid's 40-time? Even at that size, if the guy has speed he can get a scholarship somewhere in D1. However, if his 40-times aren't that good then he'd have a hard time getting many serious D1 looks.

[ QUOTE ]

from Virginia Preps...

[ QUOTE ]

At 5-foot-9, and 180 pounds Marcum is proof that good things often come in small packages

[/ QUOTE ]

more reason why i don't think he'll go D1 --size -- they have a certain mold that they want, no matter how good an athlete you are. if you don't fit it - then oh well, good luck at Concord (or WV Tech)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think "they" told a certain 5'8" 203lb. RB wearing #20 the same thing when he was trying to get started out:

"You're too small."

Always gotta be doubters out there, I know he doesn't doubt himself though.