Good News Grundy Fans

rhsfan88

I doubt either of those are true. Any type of business will need deliveries and forgetting water pipes would be too stupid to beleive. If there is a hold up it's probably because Wal-Mart wants something the town/county doesn't want to give. Tazewell County had to rebuild the water system for our Wal-Mart because there wasn't enough pressure for their sprinklers.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you familiar with the politics of Grundy? lol I

IF either or both are true, would not surprise me....and from what I remember seeing over in the new town area I don't recall ever seeing any water work going on over there...so I think that one might be true...not sure though.

The Corps of Engineers constructed the Redevelopment Site, which only included a small portion of utilities. The town was responsible for their own utilities and development. From what I understand, Tabb construction is currently working on finishing up the riprap and sewer stubouts and once that feature of work is complete they are also responsible for installing the section of utilities that will be directly under the 460 detour. As far as the remaining utilities; thst is all the Towns responsibility. Trust me the project has costs too much money to be delayed any further.

I think once they get it finished it will be pretty nice...look 100x better than those old run down buildings they are going to knock down soon anyway.

Side note: noticed that Vansant Elementary was being torn down the last time I was over there...can't believe how ugly that building got in a short period of time...now if they would just get Big Rock, Harman, and Garden's old schools torn down and clean up some of Island Creek's old crap left sitting to rot, it would improve the looks of the place a lot.

[ QUOTE ]

Side note: noticed that Vansant Elementary was being torn down the last time I was over there...can't believe how ugly that building got in a short period of time...now if they would just get Big Rock, Harman, and Garden's old schools torn down and clean up some of Island Creek's old crap left sitting to rot, it would improve the looks of the place a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vansant used to be a great school and I had some of the best times of my school life there. It's sad to see the shape the building is in and now it's even more sad to see it torn down.

The field I used to play football on and the basketball court I used to shoot on will soon be a parking lot. Dark Lord Emperor Smith will make another addition to his Food City empire there with a new Food City supercenter.

Vansant used to be a great school and I had some of the best times of my school life there. It's sad to see the shape the building is in and now it's even more sad to see it torn down.

The field I used to play football on and the basketball court I used to shoot on will soon be a parking lot. Dark Lord Emperor Smith will make another addition to his Food City empire there with a new Food City supercenter.

[/ QUOTE ]

your telling me =/

I heard part of the deal with the Empire was that they had to either move the gym to a new location or build a new one somewhere else...don't know if that is true or not?

I agree though...some great football,baseball, and basketball games at that place...sad to see it go.

didnt Grundy/Garden used to play there football games there back in the day, every time me and my grandpa used to drive by there he tells me about a game between Grundy and EC Glass 6-6 tie, he said it was the best game he had ever seen

Vansant used to have the only football field in the county.

Grundy Sr. High opened in '64, but "County Stadium" didn't open until 1965 (I can't find in my notes when it became Nelson Memorial Field). Ernie Hicks' last game was also the last game at Vansant (11/13/64 : Grundy beat Richlands 47-6).

Garden & Hurley didn't get their own home fields until 1980. That was also when Grundy's new press-box and bleachers went up (who else misses the wood?).

I'm baaaaaaacccckkkkkk...lol

Vansant used to be sand and rocks, it wasn't much of a field from what I have heard..lol..I've seen pictures from back in the day, and they used to have boards all the way around the field, so nobody could sneak in, although I have heard a lot of stories about kids digging holes under the fence where Vansant Lumber is now...lol It is sad to see that place go, and the only part left standing as of 8 tonight was the back wall around where the office used to be. We used to have some killer football/baseball/basketball games at recess. Damn the memories. smirk.gif

Never have heard that story about that game, but it is probably true..I know Grundy used to have Marion, Richlands, Tazewell, Graham, Bristol, Jefferson SR. out of Roanoke and E.C. Glass in their district. They didn't win all that much...lol

[ QUOTE ]

Never have heard that story about that game, but it is probably true..I know Grundy used to have Marion, Richlands, Tazewell, Graham, Bristol, Jefferson SR. out of Roanoke and E.C. Glass in their district. They didn't win all that much...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, how did the Roanoke school and E.C. Glass manage to get in that district?

Why isn't Carroll in the River Ridge? Lack of gonads or what??? tongue.gif

I had always wished the BDD had one really far away school besides Hurley so I could miss more school to travel to that school. Thats why I wish we were still in Region C, Lebanon gets to stay at a hotel half the time when the go to Regions for something! mad.gif