Good News Grundy Fans

rhsfan88

I was told yesterday by our baseball coach that our district has voted out the umpires/referees that are used at Carroll County during SWD games. Therefore, starting next season in all district games, for all sports, at CC, they will have to use the same refs and ump's that are used by the other four teams in the district in games played in Hillsville.

So no more CC having different refs, they will have to use the same ones we use.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad that they finally did something about that. It don't matter how bad the CC team is or what sport it is they always find a way to win or stay close thanks to "home-field advantage".

if this is really gonna happen, its a good thing, i wish they would have done this earlier, especially when i played cc my senior year at cc. the ref's there blew it bad. but this is a good thing if its true.

well thats a good thing but look at what happened in the Grundy Va High game AT GRUNDY this past season...bad refs are not unique to Hillsville...although i think it is a good thing that they fall under the same rules as everyone else if they are going to be part of the district.

I think they should have been voted out of the district, j/k wink.gif lol

But in all seriousness though, they've always been viewed as the oddball of the group, as the rest of the schools in the SWD are roughly within a 75-mile radius of one another. I always figured they should be playing in the Piedmont or a closer district.

Anyhow, if you're going to play in the SWD, it should be mandatory to use SWD refs in the first place. This should have been done after the traveshamockery at Hillsville 2 years ago. Oh well, at least they got it done before this season, because we have to make the trip to Hillsville this year frown.gif

I am glad that we are using the same refs now because you all are the biggest bunch of babies that i ever been around before. If a team wins, it is because they are a better team. Get over this and get a life. All of the players work hard from all the schools, so good luck to all the SWD schools. Maybe this year we will hear a lot less crying about the refs. wink.gif

Good news grundy fans? Should be entire SWD. If I am not mistaken the week after we went up there and got spanked Richlands went up there and got spanked too. Two years ago. Nobody beat CC but Bradshaw. Not even the refs could stop him that season but I think that blowout was at Graham.

if you haven't figured out, there are only two teams on here that ever get credit for beating Grundy. Richlands and the refs. We beat 'em there and it was the same sad song and dance. it's just a shame that everyone else who reads this board gets the impression that Grundy gets robbed and that they have been so much better than the competition. The losses to CC and Vhigh the last couple years had a whole lot more to do with these teams performances, and a whole lot less to do with the refs than what is said over and over again on here. It doesn't matter if you convince everyone on here that you should of won both those games. you didn't because you didn't take the wins on the field. CC was 9-1 that year and had what i believe was the 2nd best team in swva. It's not right to get on here and claim the refs are the only reason Grundy lost. It all sounds eerily familiar doesn't it. I see a pattern. Anybody else?

man, i played in that game, i have to say that we might have lost that game anyways, but the refs blew it all to peices, you have had to been there to know how bad it was. i was on the verge of doing something very bad to a few of those officials.

yeah everyone saw the film on what happened against the mighty Bearcats and everyone saw you guys go to Tazewell and get shut down for what 28 yards total offense in the second half against a team Grundy had just played and beat with no problems a couple of weeks earlier? Everyone saw JR Wilson run over your "All State" LB right up the middle ALL NIGHT LONG...funny how that didn't happen against Grundy when we played Tazewell...yep, refs didn't have anything to do with that.

Yeah the Bearcats were a great team last year man...

And as for CC, go back and look at CC's home wins vs. road wins over the past few years and see how hard they are to beat at home vs. what that team can win on the road...CC doesn't get beat at home, even when they have just an "average" team...you guys are 15-2 at home and those are both from the 2002 season with a loss to a Bradshaw Graham team being one of them. Regardless, when a flag is thrown every other play against one team then people will complain, you are correct.

As for Richlands that year, I was at that game because I wanted to see if they got the same thing Grundy got at CC and for the most part they did...people in the stands were screaming "Grundy all over again" and stuff like that...there was a key flag in that game on a FG block where Richlands was flagged for roughing when I think Brown hit the holder after he blocked the kick...should not have been called because he clearly hit the ball and the FG was no good...that in my opinion cost Richlands the game...but they had a chance to win it at the end and Timmy Brown threw an INT and it was all over at that point so Richlands fans had a little different experience than Grundy fans had in a 42-2 one sided beating. It was a little harder for Richlands to complain because they had a chance at the end and they blew it on their own, regardless of the previous flags...Grundy didn't have that chance.

Yeah and Narrows got screwed at Giles in 1989 and at James Monroe in 1994. Giles got it at JM in the late '90s and JM got it at Giles quite a few times in the '90s. But you dont see any of those fans still complaining. You got another season around the bend. Are you fans from Grundy gonna let the VA High loss eat at you all next year? The fact it's irked ya for this long is just sad.

[ QUOTE ]

everyone saw the film

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone saw the pieces YOU wanted them to. If you're the #1 seed and the #4 seed turns the ball over like 6 times inside their own 20 and you still get shut out, you have no argument. Even if there were two plays that YOU consider questionable. I don't recall seein' the 15 or so plays Grundy was stuffed inside the 5 on here.

[ QUOTE ]

and everyone saw you guys go to Tazewell and get shut down for what 28 yards total offense in the second half against a team Grundy had just played and beat with no problems a couple of weeks earlier?

[/ QUOTE ]

No problems???? If it weren't for turnovers, Tazewell would've beaten Grundy. If you think you all dominated Tazewell, I'd check that game film. I guess this is the same way you beat us the first time "no problems". What a joke. Yeah, after a good opening drive, Tazewell played great Defense against us, especially in the 2nd half. They had the momentum and they handed it to us. We were also trying to pass the ball a lot that half to get back in the game. It didn't work.

[ QUOTE ]

Everyone saw JR Wilson run over your "All State" LB right up the middle ALL NIGHT LONG...funny how that didn't happen against Grundy when we played Tazewell...yep, refs didn't have anything to do with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just not true. First off, how'd ya'll do against Lockett in two games? That's right, he stuffed everything you threw at him and then ended your season. and Tazewell, they ran all over us. but not over Lockett. His area of responsibility was about all we could count on all night. and he held it. We had some problems with our run D that night, but it wasn't up the middle on him. (interesting side note, Lockett visited Concord and is considering playin' there too)

I posted the entire game...not just clips.

Marcum had over 100 in both games against you last year.

We beat Tazewell 35-14?...it was hard yardage against a good defense on a good field with fair refs...that same defense shut you guys down for 28 yards. Marcum still had over 100 against them to...what is your point?

JR Wilson ran WILD all over your LB's right up the middle...he didn't against ours.

And yeah, our brilliant play calling and trying to throw passes on the 5 yard line cost us big in that last game...I don't deny you "stopped us" inside the 10 a few times...I have never said you didn't. I said the game should have been won in regulation at least 6-0 Grundy because of two bad calls...that's all I ever said...and that's what I think...I'm not crying about it...you guys keep bringing up how great of a team you had and that's just not the case...you guys got lucky and had the benefit of two bad calls that gave you the game...and then the next week Tazewell shut you down on a good field...that shows you where you stood...you had nothing...we played Tazewell on that same field a couple of weeks before that and beat them 35-14...you couldn't do anything against them....face it..you guys didn't have the "awesome" team you think you did last year....that's all I'm saying.

This game has been over for a very long time and I dont wanna get in the middle of the argument (even though the people of Bristols opinion bothers me none at all) but I was out on the field that night and the only time Va High had the ball past the 30 yard line was in OT when the ball was placed at the 10. I understand you beat us. I dont think anybody is trying to say you didnt. But EVERYBODY outside of BRISTOL knows last year our team was better than Va High. The best team doesnt always win as you can tell but ANYBODY with EYES will tell you who the better team was.

You all won yeah, but it was hardly a dominant performance by your part. Brag about the win, and talk about the win, but dont brag about the game you played because your game nor our game was very pretty. So please dont continue to talk like you all are the gods of football because you are far from it (Also, not saying Grundy is the god of football). It really doesnt speak much of your program to brag on a 4-6 season in which you had to pull the biggest upset in the state to make it out of the first round. Grundy has made it to the post season 10 out of the last 12 years. You have a year, we have a program. Thats just how it is.

preach it brother, va high had one lucky night, but other that, not very good teams over the past few years, va high has made the playoffs twice over the past, what, six seven years, and grundy has made it five consecutive years, and four straight in the region championship game, winning one. and you have only made the playoffs twice, nmow, i hate to brag or say anything that will upset anyone, but the four years i played va high,including one year in the playoffs, i we didnt have much of a problem defeating them, but we also had better teams a few years ago too, but now the teams are starting to even out and it looks like va high would stand a chance of beating grundy any time they played, but it looks like they wont get that chance, lol, since you droped us, but of well, i hate gripping like that, but thats they way i see things, take it or leave it.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Grundy should have beaten Va High by at the least of 25 points, but not taking anything from Va High people get lucky and that was your alls luck.

Just when things start to die down, BEARCAT comes in and throws a wrench in the fan again. Just your mere presence in this thread and your consistent whinin', pissin', and moanin' emphasizes the fact that deep down inside that you along with the rest of Bristol #2 realize you didn't get a clean win that night. That being said, we've let it go. Obviously, you have not, and that speaks for itself.

As bitter as I was about the whole thing, I've let it go and am looking forward to this season. I suggest you do the same, whether by the aid of a psychiatrist or whatever you may need. You need to go concentrate hard on winning 4 games and hope the rest of the Highlands doesn't win as much. I really hope to see you in the playoffs again.

Apparently Grundy hasnt let it go because almost everytime someone from Grundy posts on this board they mention how they got screwed. Get over it for God sakes. You lost. It may have not been a clean win but it happened and its over. Nobody in Bristol even talks about this win because it didnt matter as we lost the next game and didnt win the region.

[ QUOTE ]

Nobody in Bristol even talks about this win because it didnt matter as we lost the next game and didnt win the region

[/ QUOTE ] yeah right. thats all im going to say on that.

thats funny because from november until april i read on virginiapreps.com how great Terry Smith was. I know that stuff didnt get up there by itself.

Only reason that I am bitter is because we deserved a shot at Gretna. We were the only one that had a chance, us and Christiansburg, who gave them all they wanted and lost it late to them in the fourth. You can say what you want but Tazwell had no offense and scored on them and we did and had twice the defense so we would have been a better matchup for Gretna than anyone had since Graham played them the year before. I just wanted them to have to play the team that deserved to face them. The best two teams last season. That chance will never happen. SO on to better things.

yes. thats what i wanted to see. id have walked from grundy a week early to have seen that game. i just wish we could have played them a year earlier, but oh well. yeah, grundy had a better shot than anyone to compete with gretna, twas a shame that the two didnt hook up in the playoffs any at all.

[ QUOTE ]

Apparently Grundy hasnt let it go because almost everytime someone from Grundy posts on this board they mention how they got screwed. Get over it for God sakes. You lost. It may have not been a clean win but it happened and its over. Nobody in Bristol even talks about this win because it didnt matter as we lost the next game and didnt win the region.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the age of ADHD I know it's hard, but please take the time to read all posts in this thread in chronological order. BEARCAT was the one who brought it up. That is your mascot, right? No one posted about the whole situation in the last few months until his post now on the topic. We have already gotten over it, tell your boys to do the same.