Rock Hill (SC) High School looking for game on 9/9

GMan

I've been saying for quite a while that bluefield should consider nc as a potential area to schedule games, sc wouldn't seem reasonable except that rock hill is just outside of charlotte, that's only 3 hours.

Seems rock hill is an exceptionally strong school.

But since when does bluefield back down from challenges of course.

Be interesting to know who told you they had a team to schedule and the reason. Are they really having such a hard time scheduling games also they'd consider a wv aa team?

I'd enjoy seeing it though.

rock hill hs football

[ QUOTE ]

to be completley honest bluefield nor rock hill is going to travel to each others fields...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be so sure about that...

[ QUOTE ]

Quite a road trip for one team, but I'd like to see someone make that happen...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not nearly as long as a trip to/from Martinsburg....

......and around, lets say 30 minutes longer than it would be to Lee High, or about the same from Lee to Carroll Co.

Just thought I'd point something else out. Not only would it be about thirty minutes or so longer from Bluefield to Rock Hill than from Bluefield to Lee High, but it would shorter for Bluefield to go there then would it be for Lee High to play ANY of the Piedmont District teams. I just found that to be intersting. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Go to the website Rules left http://www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/schools/high/rhhs/web%20page%20hough/Athletics/football_web2004.html

and go down about half the page and tell me if there team picture doesnt look very very strange

[/ QUOTE ]

It does look strange but its the risers they are standing on that makes it look that way.

Why? At most, this would only be a 5 hour bus trip for either school to travel. Sure, it does cross 2 states, but it is not a very long trip. I believe its been said that Martinsburg travelled longer to Bluefield last season for that game. If things can be ironed out, why wouldn't this work?

Seriously though, if I were an AD, it would take AT LEAST that much for me to travel that far. That's COMPLETELY hostile territory, plus can you imagine how little of the fanbase would travel to watch it?!?

[ QUOTE ]

Why? At most, this would only be a 5 hour bus trip for either school to travel. Sure, it does cross 2 states, but it is not a very long trip. I believe its been said that Martinsburg travelled longer to Bluefield last season for that game. If things can be ironed out, why wouldn't this work?

[/ QUOTE ] It would be 3 state lines not 2 btw. It would about 4 hours or so I think not five so it wouldn't be that bad. Also think about how man people from here live in and aqround the Charlotte area. Also when I was at Bluefield we played @ North Marion and that trip was about that long.