Rock Hill (SC) High School looking for game on 9/9

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

yeah we just found the gas station. confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yea I just passed Carroll County High School last night going to my dads. He lives like 1 mile from the school.

How far is your football field from the school?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

yeah we just found the gas station. confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yea I just passed Carroll County High School last night going to my dads. He lives like 1 mile from the school.

How far is your football field from the school?

[/ QUOTE ]

About 50 feet...

[ QUOTE ]

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son...

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhhh. GMan, one of my favorite quotes from my all-time favorite movie. Then he throws all up all over dean wormer!...lol

animal_house_steven_furst.jpg

How about "Was it over when the germans bombed pear harbor?, hell no! and its not over now! " pearl harbor?. " forget it he's on a roll"....lmao

anim10s.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

I've been advised that Rock Hill (SC) High School is looking for a game on 9/9...Bluefield has that date open and needs another game...

[/ QUOTE ]

mellow.gif

Does anyone remember the private school Richlands was forced to play in the mid-90s? The school that "platooned" ... used totally different fellas for offense and defense? That school came a decent distance ... maybe Ohio/Indiana? I can't remember precisely where though.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I've been advised that Rock Hill (SC) High School is looking for a game on 9/9...Bluefield has that date open and needs another game...

[/ QUOTE ]

mellow.gif

Does anyone remember the private school Richlands was forced to play in the mid-90s? The school that "platooned" ... used totally different fellas for offense and defense? That school came a decent distance ... maybe Ohio/Indiana? I can't remember precisely where though.

[/ QUOTE ]

They played a team from Clarksville, Indiana I believe.

[ QUOTE ]

I can't find anything about that. Was it a scrimmage?

Was it the Providence Catholic Celtics of New Lenox, Ill?

They had a 50 game winning streak and 4 straight titles from '94-'97.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think it was a Catholic school. I'm certain it was an official game - it was the season opener for RHS sometime between 93-95. I don't think it was the team you're referencing because Richlands won the game.

the blues won 6-0 in 97 i think there was a strech there for a couple of years they had some weird opponets,(pikeview wv, cumberland ky, and montcolm wv) but i do remember the providence team they had a penn state look with lighter blue uniforms

[ QUOTE ]

the blues won 6-0 in 97 i think there was a strech there for a couple of years they had some weird opponets,(pikeview wv, cumberland ky, and montcolm wv) but i do remember the providence team they had a penn state look with lighter blue uniforms

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's them. Definitely had a Nittany Lion look to them. The word was the desperation opponents stemmed from the Vaught fiasco. No one wanted to schedule us. ranting.gif

im pretty sure that they played montcolm, but yeah we had some desprite times in the late 90's but i like to think that they were scared of us insted of there hatred for vaught and the richlands athletic dept. lol grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure that they played montcolm

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really remember Richlands playing Montcolm, but we did play Matwaen(Sp.), WV one year for homecoming. That might be who you are thinking about.

wow i was amazed when carroll played Va.High. Then I hear of all the cool teams yall played its kind of sad that some ppl in carroll dont even see the oposite side of the county. SO WOOOOOOOOOW

'97 sched. doesn't have a private school - they started on 8/29 by losing at home to Carroll by 3. Looks like Matewan prob. was HC that year.

'96 sched. had Matewan, Bell Co., Ky & Bluefield.

Found it - 9/1/95, Phelps was on the master schedule, but was replaced by a 6-0 win over Providence. Also had C'burg & B'burg that year.

'94 opener was the Cumberland, Ky. Redskins.