Pre-season Predictions

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Guest BB_TWEEDER

In the VA Class A who will make the Playoff's?

And in VA Class AA who will make the Playoff's?

Any Predictions?

Hurley Rebels 0-0 Until 10-26-2005 Unaka,TN @ "The Cliff"

i think over all th dis. we be great this year i belive that every team will have there peck year. and if im wrong plz tell me, but i think that no team lost a great deal of players.

I think we had 11 seniors BigD, and all except 1 started, and he was in a bad car wreck before season started or he would have seen playing time. I think out of the 10 that did play, 6 played both ways. That says a lot about last years senior class. Next year graduation could be tough for us as well. We will lose 12 seniors and half are 2 and 3 year starters.

Me, Baker, Bronson, and Garon all return on D and started so we can only be losing 7 on D at the most and if you count Charlie Osborne (who started until he was injured) we only lost 6 full time starters on D.

On O, lost 5 that started I think. A. Marcum, A. Looney, B. Stiltner, H. Justus, and M. Lee. So we didnt lose as many as was said before.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Honaker, Haysi (unless one of them go 9-1 and get cheated out of it again) will make it, Twin Valley, Hurley. So The BDD could be looking at sending all it's teams this year.

carroll had 4 both ways seniors jose #1 pruatt #5 bowman #35 shockly # 70 and they all started both ways but we have guys on our team that can fully replace these guys so carroll is in good shape for this year.

honaker, haysi will make the playoffs, and richlands, tazewell, maybe carroll, but grundy will have a hard time this season making it, ill be pulling for em, but their facing an uphill battle.

I watch eighth grade and high school football. With that said, this seasons seniors had a great eighth grade team. Garron ran wild, Theo and Baker were hosses, and defensively they were always in control. I know there is a big differance in 8th grade ball and high school, but I think Grundy WILL be in the playoffs.

[ QUOTE ]

Me, Baker, Bronson, and Garon all return on D and started so we can only be losing 7 on D at the most and if you count Charlie Osborne (who started until he was injured) we only lost 6 full time starters on D.

On O, lost 5 that started I think. A. Marcum, A. Looney, B. Stiltner, H. Justus, and M. Lee. So we didnt lose as many as was said before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Tigh...this qualifies as one of the "kicker" comments...lol... "only lost 7 on D"...thats huge...lol. To make it worse...those who were lost make up like 95% of the tackles on D for the last 3 years...Grundy has a lot of shoes to fill...all were big hitters on D...Looney - Marcum - Owens...probably 3 of the top players in the state last year gone.

[ QUOTE ]

Grundy lost 9 starters on Defense and around 7-8 on offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually no Lance, it wasn't. My post was a reply to Mark's post in which he stated the above. I never said that we werent losing much. I said that we werent losing 9 on D and 7 or 8 on O. If you would read the last line in your "quote" you would see that I said "so we arent losing as much as was said before."

i was just kidding with you buddy...the rest of it was mostly my point...just have to give you a hard time when i get the chance...been a while since the season ended.

lol

Hurley and Twin Valley are both in the best possible positions to make the playoffs. Both have schedules that are highly favorable (outside of splitting there game, the only teams who will be highly favored against them are Haysi and Honaker) and very probable for each team to win 6 or 7 games.

Of course, there is the issue that Rye Cove is back down to Division 1 (they kept taking the spot in D2, whats to stop them from it in D1?). JI Burton is questionable, I believe they had some heavy losses, but also had a lot of young talent. Twin Springs I am clueless about, but have been a playoff contenders the last couple of years. I also believe Appalachia will make a run for the playoffs as well.

Final analysis, 60+ days before it all starts: no freaking idea!

I will say that I don't think a 4-6 team makes the playoffs this year in D1.

As for Haysi and Honaker, with Rye Cove out of there way, both now have a better shot at making the playoffs. However, Haysi will not be nearly as strong this season as they were the past 2 and Honaker likely won't be either. One of them is a near show-in (until Hurley or TV proves they can win the District).

If Haysi beats Clintwood and Honaker, they are all but assured an undefeated year. Honaker, on the other hand, will have its hands full early (@ Lebanon, then hosting Richlands) and will likely need to win the district to make the playoffs (closing the year @ Tazewell won't be a cupcake either).

Of course, the district, IMO, will be closer than it has been the past two years. Haysi and Honaker both have a lot to reload and Hurley and Twin Valley will both be Senior/Junior laden (aka, this is the best shot they will have at beating the Big 2).

I'm ready. Thats all I know for sure.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

[ QUOTE ]

Of course, the district, IMO, will be closer than it has been the past two years. Haysi and Honaker both have a lot to reload and Hurley and Twin Valley will both be Senior/Junior laden (aka, this is the best shot they will have at beating the Big 2).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best shot that Hurley or Twin Valley has to win the BDD in years. It will be a closer race to the BDD this year than what ppl think, but you never know.

And said in a ealier post that Grundy was awesome in 8th grade when Garon, Theo, and Stephen played. They Where. But Hurley gave them one of the closest games they had all year at 26-8 haha. they where though! smirk.gif