Team's Longest Road Trip Each Year????

Narz_Wave

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Lmao Hell if I know why we did. If I got to schedual the games it would have been diff. confused.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East Ridge and Betsy Layne both dropped Hurley (the former due to the fact a school with 800 students lost to one that doesn't crack 200; the latter due to bad feeling concerning the teams first meeting two seasons ago); these trips were both relatively short (30-40 minutes to East Ridge; an hour to BL).

As for going to Thomas Walker, Hurley was supposed to host a scrimmage with them last year, but cancelled the day of it because of rain (and he fact only 12 players were healthy one week before the season began). I figure the parties involved have good contact and it worked out. The travel will suck, but it'd sure be nice to leave 4-0.

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

pocahontas goes almost 4 hours to craig county first game of the season

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Isn't Craig County in the Roanoke area (the county to the north)...figured it would be a much closer.

Carroll doesnt really have to go anywhere this year. Longest I think is Bassett its about 2 or 2 and an half hours away. Thankfully Grundy and Richlands and Tazewell have to come to us this year. Oh yeah Graham is pretty far too.

2-2 1/2 hours from hillsville to bassett???? what are u riding...a bicycle? straight down the mountain it's no less than 1 1/2 to bassett from carroll. matter of fact, if it weren't for dan river, and to a lesser extent tunstall, cchs would be better suited to be in the piedmont district instead of the swd.

[ QUOTE ]

cchs would be better suited to be in the piedmont district instead of the swd.

[/ QUOTE ]

No crap man...thats what everybodys said for a long time, Carroll...it feels like an odd place off in a distant land lol

[ QUOTE ]

Good point,heck we got some pretty rotten roads to,try over near little tumbling and coming across from Marion on 16 gees I hate that drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll never complain about crossing Route 80 going to Big Tumblin after I drove across 91 to get to Little Tumblin lol.

I was talking about Route 91, the dirt road not 16. 91 would be just as good as 80 if were paved and maybe a little wider. I would rate 16 about the same as 80, but 80 seems shorter somehow going over the mountain.

I've been across Hayters Gap on a bus. The golf team plays matches at Saltville about every year and one year instead of going up 81 to Glade Spring then taking 91 up to Saltville, Coach Hess decided to take A-1(our old organge activity bus) across the Gap(even though it has the vehicle length restriction lol), it wasn't a bad ride really. They could really use some better roads going over the mountain, its just like 25 miles from Honaker to Saltville, but you would never know it going across Hayter!

Guest BB_TWEEDER

When we played Appalachia in a pre-season game last year it was (if I remember correctly) 110 miles to there from Hurley.